One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Mark, Tom, and Travis must have sat down and listened to the final mix/master of Edging and were like "yeah that sounds like total shit but let's release it anyway boys!"

Has the argument ever been that it sounds like shit? Or that is sounds too polished and poppy, and not like a rock band? You’re really just making shit up like Oliver. 

2 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

So I have no experience or expertise in the film industry or the processes behind it. I guess I am precluded from objectively stating that these practical effects are really shitty:

I just love dunking on illogical, shitty arguments lol 

Last time i checked there weren‘t any universal rules on how loud a guitar should be in a song

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fap said:

Has the argument ever been that it sounds like shit? Or that is sounds too polished and poppy, and not like a rock band? You’re really just making shit up like Oliver. 

So what are the problems with it objectively? Let's discuss

And thanks again for comparing me to a legend ❤️

2 minutes ago, Fap said:

Who decided what is too poppy and polished for a rockband? Where can i read about these universal rules?

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Last time i checked there weren‘t any universal rules on how loud a guitar should be in a song

Exactly. If blink came out and said we’re making this song sound exactly like the punk bands of the 80’s and the production will match that perfectly and then popped out edging you could criticise the production. But they never did.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Who decided what is too poppy and polished for a rockband? Where can i read about these universal rules?

Universal rules? It’s personal preference, as they used to not sound like Edging. Got it? I didn’t shit on anybody who likes Edging, I’m talking about my opinion on it and a lot of other people share that opinion. You’re a fucking clown ass hypocrite 

• Like 1

Just now, Coightstanza said:

Exactly. If blink came out and said we’re making this song sound exactly like the punk bands of the 80’s and the production will match that perfectly and then popped out edging you could criticise the production. But they never did.

Exactly. I don‘t like how the modern pop-punk stuff is produced. I dont like the sound of edging at all. But it is what they chose to go with, not their inability to turn up/down faders

1 minute ago, Fap said:

Universal rules? It’s personal preference, as they used to not sound like Edging. Got it? I didn’t shit on anybody who likes Edging, I’m talking about my opinion on it and a lot of other people share that opinion. You’re a fucking clown ass hypocrite 

The irony in this post is astonishing 

great job

3 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

But they were going for realism and failed. That’s completely different and you know it.

That’s not the point I’m making. It’s taking issue with the logic of the argument that “if you’re not an expert in the field, you can’t objectively criticize the process.” 

The “objective” part is a bit of a misnomer here given that art and creating art is subjective and anyone posting their opinion on here is inherently subjective, so it’s just a shitty argument all around. 

What seems to be a bit of a dividing issue here is whether there is a “wrong” way to produce music, which is obviously false and we are in agreement here. I’m taking more issues with the argument that I quoted at the beginning of this post. 

• Like 2

Just now, Champ182 said:

I just wanna go on record that I don't have a big problem with how Edging sounds, other than the drums being a little hot, but I think there's a chance that's on purpose to give the beat the feel of some of those 70s-80s glam/stadium rock songs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

I just wanna go on record that I don't have a big problem with how Edging sounds, other than the drums being a little hot, but I think there's a chance that's on purpose to give the beat the feel of some of those 70s-80s glam/stadium rock songs

So they are purposely trying to appeal to a younger audience?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neal said:

is fap one of olivers sock accounts?

Does Ghent pay you to be here and back him up anytime someone dare criticize blink or want actual rock music with loud guitars? It’s called guitar driven music, what they USED to be. People who prefer guitar driven music laugh at clowns like you