Beatles lyrics:

Yeah, you got that somethin'
I think you'll understand
When I say that somethin'
I want to hold your hand
I want to hold your hand
I want to hold your hand

hmmmmm wonder which one is better?

Looks night and day to me.  Damn Mark, dethroning the Beatles in our lifetime. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think these lyrics are some of my favorite Beatles lyrics, but I also feel like it could be a Blink song.

When I call you up

Your line's engaged

I have had enough

So act your age

We have lost the time

That was so hard to find

And I will lose my mind

If you won't see me (you won't see me)

You won't see me (you won't see me)

I don't know why you

Should want to hide

But I can't get through

My hands are tied

I won't want to stay

I don't have much to say

And I get turned away

And you won't see me (you won't see me)

Time after time

You refuse to even listen

I wouldn't mind

If I knew what I was missing

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

Cherry picking much? Mark himself would call you insane right now. And those +44 lyrics are cringe af anyways, super edgelord vibes, someone trying to sound more brilliant than they actually are 

All +44 lyrics make perfect sense. Part of why they didn't get super popular is because their lyrics got too deep or interesting.

• Love 1
  • Crab 1

1 minute ago, thongrider said:

I think these lyrics are some of my favorite Beatles lyrics, but I also feel like it could be a Blink song.

When I call you up

Your line's engaged

I have had enough

So act your age

We have lost the time

That was so hard to find

And I will lose my mind

If you won't see me (you won't see me)

I don't know why you

Should want to hide

But I can't get through

My hands are tied

I won't want to stay

I don't have much to say

And I get turned away

And you won't see me (you won't see me)

Time after time

You refuse to even listen

I wouldn't mind

If I knew what I was missing

yawn1.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chad Steven Henne said:

All +44 lyrics make perfect sense. Part of why they didn't get super popular is because their lyrics got too deep or interesting.

I bet you thought that fall out boy song titles were genius as well, didn’t you?

• Crab 1
  • Pickle 1

1 hour ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

I bet you thought that fall out boy song titles were genius as well, didn’t you?

As someone that despises Fall Out Boy lyrics, i'm gonna say that +44 lyrics are never near as cringe as FOB lyrics.  Like every other line in a Fall Out Boy song is typically a metaphor that you know the guy that wrote it (presumably Wentz) thought he was so damn clever after writing.  They're just attempts to cry out to the world, 'I'm a deep artist, look how brilliant I am.' They never feel genuine and make me want to murder the man that wrote them.  +44 lyrics never felt like any of that at all.  Sure Mark wasn't going for overly simple pop-punk lyrics like we saw in Enema or TOYPAJ, but he wasn't shoving metaphors up metaphors asses just for the sake of being perceived as deep or whatever either.  They just feel genuine, like a reflection of what he was going through at that time, without someone else to tell him to reel it in for the sake of being more accessible to the masses.  I get why that wont click with all blink fans, but I also don't think there is anything wrong with it, and I certainly don't put it anywhere near the same level as obnoxious and unbearable as FOB lyrics.

• Like 2

Kings of the Weekend is the best lyrics Mark has ever written. Who can’t relate to it’s Friday night, let’s lose our minds in a downward spiral, here we gooooo, cause we’ve got no control (no control!) 

And in this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and Monday morning striking again. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Worst poster here said:

Kings of the Weekend is the best lyrics Mark has ever written. Who can’t relate to it’s Friday night, let’s lose our minds in a downward spiral, here we gooooo, cause we’ve got no control (no control!) 

And in this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and Monday morning striking again. 

Bro I can’t wait til tomorrow night!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, M!ke said:

As someone that despises Fall Out Boy lyrics, i'm gonna say that +44 lyrics are never near as cringe as FOB lyrics.  Like every other line in a Fall Out Boy song is typically a metaphor that you know the guy that wrote it (presumably Wentz) thought he was so damn clever after writing.  They're just attempts to cry out to the world, 'I'm a deep artist, look how brilliant I am.' They never feel genuine and make me want to murder the man that wrote them.  +44 lyrics never felt like any of that at all.  Sure Mark wasn't going for overly simple pop-punk lyrics like we saw in Enema or TOYPAJ, but he wasn't shoving metaphors up metaphors asses just for the sake of being perceived as deep or whatever either.  They just feel genuine, like a reflection of what he was going through at that time, without someone else to tell him to reel it in for the sake of being more accessible to the masses.  I get why that wont click with all blink fans, but I also don't think there is anything wrong with it, and I certainly don't put it anywhere near the same level as obnoxious and unbearable as FOB lyrics.

Oh yea dude I would never reduce mark to their level…but some of it did seem a little try hard. In the end, I love Mark and I’m glad some of you hold his other records in such high regard. Did we scare off Davey Jones?