One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

if anything I think the Offspring are OVERrated on this board. I haven't heard anyone talk about them in real life in like 20 years. I had no idea they were still active at all. No disrespect, I had two of their albums growing up and liked them, but.... yeah they are "beneath" Blink I think.

People always shit on the Offspring here. Sorry to say, they’ve sold more albums than blink, and Smash was done on an independent record company…which is amazing. Offspring helped paved the way for blink, along with others, and yet some clowns here show no respect 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coightstanza said:

Wasn’t saying that dumb cunt. Just they’re not going to do their first show supporting another band.

You don’t know that. Maybe they’d want to ease their way back in. They are friends with the Offspring and I guarantee you blink respects the offspring, unlike some ignorant folks here 

Just now, Its a me, Speedo said:

A full, solid album? Neighborhoods.

DED was great and Nine was half a decent album.

So pretty close to same amount of time that it’s been since offspring, relative to when each band started. Although these are based on your personal preferences and not fact. But I couldn’t tell ya, I haven’t listened to a full offspring album since Americana either. But people here show no respect 

1 minute ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

You don’t know that. Maybe they’d want to ease their way back in. They are friends with the Offspring and I guarantee you blink respects the offspring, unlike some ignorant folks here 

If they wanted to ease into it they’d do a secret show not play an offspring show. Respect has nothing to do with it.

Dang, my barista works with David Kennedy (mutual coffee distributor), and says Anthem Pt. 3 is just Travis taking over full custody of the band and trolling everyone for 4 minutes.  No Mark, no Tom, just Travis (& Post Malone) letting us know the band is broken up and they're HAPPY about it. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dress Up Jimmy said:

So pretty close to same amount of time that it’s been since offspring, relative to when each band started. Although these are based on your personal preferences and not fact. But I couldn’t tell ya, I haven’t listened to a full offspring album since Americana either. But people here show no respect 

Because they've been awful for a long time? It's like Fall Out Boy, we respect them and like them for what they were at the time, but they haven't released anything but utter garbage, zero growth, since then.  They're both chronically annoying now.

Love Smash - Splinter, love Under the Cork Tree.  That's a long time ago. 

Just now, Release Some Shit said:

Because they've been awful for a long time? It's like Fall Out Boy, we respect them and like them for what they were at the time, but they haven't released anything but utter garbage, zero growth, since then.  They're both chronically annoying now.

Love Smash - Splinter, love Under the Cork Tree.  That's a long time ago. 

Fall Out Boy has always sucked ass. The fact more people here will shit on Offspring but salute FOB is laughable 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

So you’ve talked to Mark, Tom, and Travis about how they would and wouldn’t ease their way back in?

No but my memory spans longer than 5 minutes.

before the neighbourhoods tour they did a secret show just for family and close friends.

before they kicked off with skiba at the musink festival they did the small shows in LA.

why the fuck would they now, after having a hugely successful single and many sold out shows on a world tour go and support the offspring to kick everything off this time?

1 minute ago, Coightstanza said:

No but my memory spans longer than 5 minutes.

before the neighbourhoods tour they did a secret show just for family and close friends.

before they kicked off with skiba at the musink festival they did the small shows in LA.

why the fuck would they now, after having a hugely successful single and many sold out shows on a world tour go and support the offspring to kick everything off this time?

Lol they wouldn’t. Just playing devil’s advocate

4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

The Offspring are the musical equivalent of a tribal tattoo.

And fall out boy is the musical equivalent of a used baby’s diaper that’s been baking in a trash can outside in Texas in the middle of the summer for a week 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

Offspring had Smash, Ixnay, & Americana

Blink had Dude Ranch, Enema, TOYPAJ, Untitled, & Neighborhoods.

3 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

And fall out boy is the musical equivalent of a used baby’s diaper that’s been baking in a trash can outside in Texas in the middle of the summer for a week 

Yes this is true

• Like 1