One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

1 minute ago, Worst poster here said:

Surprised at the hate the Offspring get here. Smash is a great album and they have some awesome singles. The guitar riffs just perfectly embody a fusion of California punk rock/surf rock, like the riff in the Kids Aren’t Alright. 

I’ve seen them live a couple times and they put on a good show. A top 10 pop-punk band of all time, easily. 

Telling how you didn’t mention anything post Americana. It’s like I said; Smash, Ixnay, & Americana. The rest can get in the fucking bin.

7 minutes ago, Its a me, Speedo said:

It’s a shame they’re stuck playing the singles. I’m a fan of First Date, ATSM, Miss You and Rock Show but I don’t need to hear them live again.

The good news is they aren’t signed to a major label forcing them to do anything. The bad news is the guys personally believe what you wrote and stick to it. It’s stupid. (I know they’re signed to Sony or some shit but they aren’t being forced to do anything like the old days). 

52 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

Surprised at the hate the Offspring get here. Smash is a great album and they have some awesome singles. The guitar riffs just perfectly embody a fusion of California punk rock/surf rock, like the riff in the Kids Aren’t Alright. 

I’ve seen them live a couple times and they put on a good show. A top 10 pop-punk band of all time, easily. 

Their banter is cringe tho.

And no, not even in top 40.

2 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Not as cringy as Offspring's.

I can’t lie, I’m not even familiar with Offspring’s banter. However, I don’t get into bands because of what they say or don’t say in between songs so I really don’t think it even matters in the slightest 

Offspring are one of those bands I love for their older stuff but I got bored of them. They never really changed their sound or style or anything. They've always been a bit samey for me.

The likes of blink & Green Day progressed throughout their careers, although in Green Day's case their songwriting styles progressed rather than their sound IMO. American Idiot was great for it. Warning had a slight change but I wasn't a fan of that album tbh. Green Day's last album was the biggest change they've ever done but it was just a trash album for me

I can't get tired of some of Offspring's songs though. Hammerhead is a fucking bop and my favourite by them. Their last album had a couple of good songs too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Its a me, Speedo said:

The Offspring haven’t had a good album since Americana, prove me wrong.

conspiracy of one was an amazing album, idc what music nerd say they dont mean anything to me and i dont care about any of them

rage and grace was a huge album too

their last album aside of maybe 1-2 song was awfull, sounded like a weird quickly duck taped together compilation of b-sides 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

I can’t lie, I’m not even familiar with Offspring’s banter. However, I don’t get into bands because of what they say or don’t say in between songs so I really don’t think it even matters in the slightest 

The banter is more important than the music sometimes.

• Pickle 1

12 minutes ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

conspiracy of one was an amazing album, idc what music nerd say they dont mean anything to me and i dont care about any of them

rage and grace was a huge album too

their last album aside of maybe 1-2 song was awfull, sounded like a weird quickly duck taped together compilation of b-sides 

Not even Anthony Fantano?

I used to be a big fan of the Offspring, but they lost my respect after they pulled scummy tactics with Greg K and kicked him out of the band (which led to a lawsuit: https://www.nme.com/news/music/offspring-remaining-members-deny-ex-bassist-allegations-lawsuit-arguments-no-basis-fact-2545405)

43 minutes ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

Probably cause Greg K is no longer in the band...

I'll say though... It's a shame that The Offspring was returning to form with Days Go By (more so these two songs) 

Then after Greg K was forced out they started to do the softer stuff again... Not going to bother linking to stuff from their last album, but between the stuff on their last album and that slow (lacking in punk) Christmas cover song. They seemed to have fallen off.

So I have mixed feelings on The Offspring.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Chips said:

I used to be a big fan of the Offspring, but they lost my respect after they pulled scummy tactics with Greg K and kicked him out of the band (which led to a lawsuit: https://www.nme.com/news/music/offspring-remaining-members-deny-ex-bassist-allegations-lawsuit-arguments-no-basis-fact-2545405)

Probably cause Greg K is no longer in the band...

I'll say though... It's a shame that The Offspring was returning to form with Days Go By (more so these two songs) 

Then after Greg K was forced out they started to do the softer stuff again... Not going to bother linking to stuff from their last album, but between the stuff on their last album and that slow (lacking in punk) Christmas cover song. They seemed to have fallen off.

So I have mixed feelings on The Offspring.

Holy shit ladies and gentleman! The man, the myth, the legend, has spoken.