One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

17 minutes ago, allsystemsgo said:

You're like someone who tips with a bible pamphlet.

Lol that’s funny but for the record I’m an excellent tipper. Worked in the service industry for a long time. People who tip with those Bible things or fake bills can get in the bin!

10 minutes ago, MCDC said:

Lol that’s funny but for the record I’m an excellent tipper. Worked in the service industry for a long time. People who tip with those Bible things or fake bills can get in the bin!

Sometimes if they're lucky they even get in the double digits ;)

Diddy you legend

17 minutes ago, Jan said:

It was funny, because it means you sometimes tip 10% (double digits). 

🧑‍🎄

What's your idea of a good tip?  What was your best one at Olive Garden?

Obviously you tip at least 20% if the service is halfway decent. People that don’t tip should flat out cook their lazy ass their own food at home 

14 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I think the sick and gross tipping culture is one of the reasons I don't wanna go America.

I always try to tip at restaurant even if it is included tho.

America has been ass backwards for a while, Capitalism has absolutely hit it's peak already and we are on the downside and downfall of it and I'm not some fear mongerer, it's just obvious as day right now.  Right now we have millionaire investors who own all the homes (rent them out at excessive rates so you can't buy or rent normally), own all the businesses in groups (restaurants/bars on streets with different names/themes pushing out the authentic ones), they own all the construction/building companies...I could go on.

The tipping culture is stupid, it devalues the motivation to tip for actual services that deserve strong tips, someone who relies on them more, because the bigger companies like Starbucks, Door Dash, whatever the hell charge a service fee, delivery fee, and then ask for a 20% tip gratuity minimum...making tips look stupid now

It's just dumb.  Dollar is worth little.  Cost of living is skyrocketed, wages for middle class have gone up marginally in comparison (but they market it like it's gone up a ton).  We're at a rough spot.

I paid $115 for depositing my dog shit last month (vet dog shit fee, community dog shit fee, dog shit trash fee), and then missed a dropping one time and got a $100 fine. They're making more money off my dog's shit then I can afford for a dog's bag of food now ($75 a bag).

But banks offer .1% interest in your savings account!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Jan said:

America has been ass backwards for a while, Capitalism has absolutely hit it's peak already and we are on the downside and downfall of it and I'm not some fear mongerer, it's just obvious as day right now.  Right now we have millionaire investors who own all the homes (rent them out at excessive rates so you can't buy or rent normally), own all the businesses in groups (restaurants/bars on streets with different names/themes pushing out the authentic ones), they own all the construction/building companies...I could go on.

The tipping culture is stupid, it devalues the motivation to tip for actual services that deserve strong tips, someone who relies on them more, because the bigger companies like Starbucks, Door Dash, whatever the hell charge a service fee, delivery fee, and then ask for a 20% tip gratuity minimum...making tips look stupid now

It's just dumb.  Dollar is worth little.  Cost of living is skyrocketed, wages for middle class have gone up marginally in comparison (but they market it like it's gone up a ton).  We're at a rough spot.

I paid $115 for depositing my dog shit last month (vet dog shit fee, community dog shit fee, dog shit trash fee), and then missed a dropping one time and got a $100 fine. They're making more money off my dog's shit then I can afford for a dog's bag of food now ($75 a bag).

I don’t understand why people are bitching about tip culture. If you can’t afford to tip, you can’t afford to eat out. It’s that simple. When you go and get served on, give a fucking tip 

• Like 1
  • Crab 2

8 minutes ago, Jan said:

This is all true, but is all also all reversible. Won't get into it further in this section.

By the way, check out what I just found on Reddit:

• Haha 5
  • Wow 3

1 minute ago, MCDC said:

I don’t understand why people are bitching about tip culture. If you can’t afford to tip, you can’t afford to eat out. It’s that simple. When you go and get served on, give a fucking tip 

...That isn't what people are bitching about in terms of tipping culture.  That's just simply traditional tipping. 

Tipping culture is getting a tablet pointed at your face after getting a coffee at the counter asking for 20-30% gratuity for pushing a button.

I've been asked to tip on picking up my own beer at a liquor store, my last tow had a tip option.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

2 minutes ago, Jan said:

...That isn't what people are bitching about in terms of tipping culture.  That's just simply traditional tipping. 

Tipping culture is getting a tablet pointed at your face after getting a coffee at the counter asking for 20-30% gratuity for pushing a button.

I've been asked to tip on picking up my own beer at a liquor store, my last tow had a tip option.

Ok yea I understand that. If you’re sitting down at a restaurant then you need to tip. I try to throw a few bucks when I do a pickup order because I always appreciated it when people did that for me.(we didn’t have tablets asking for tip back then, just a jar).  But if you’re ordering coffee from Starbucks you’re already doing life wrong so I can’t help you there.