One More Time… Pre-Release Discussion

Champ182

4 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Tipping is lame just pay staff normal wages. But yeah if you’re in the states and go and eat out without tipping you suck. Takeaway is very different though. Tipping someone for pressing a couple buttons on a screen is a bit much.

Yea I agree, they shouldnt be paying servers $2 an hour here and then we have to tip them but that’s the way it is. So if you go out here you just gotta tip or else you’re a prick, that’s the way it is. Our system really is so fucked with everything in America, I hate thinking about it. If they ever did give the servers a fair wage so we didn’t have to depend on tips, the prices of the food would skyrocket even more. 

2 minutes ago, MCDC said:

Yea I agree, they shouldnt be paying servers $2 an hour here and then we have to tip them but that’s the way it is. So if you go out here you just gotta tip or else you’re a prick, that’s the way it is. Our system really is so fucked with everything in America, I hate thinking about it. If they ever did give the servers a fair wage so we didn’t have to depend on tips, the prices of the food would skyrocket even more. 

Minimum wage is $8.50, and I don't know a single server who makes under $14/hr base wage. Which is still too low to live off of, but it's not $2, or you were in a really scummy place.

The problem is restaurants have the smallest margins on their profit, so if they paid more they would probably be upside down even more than they normally are.  The whole system is a bit fucked there.

You can look up the South Park restaurant, they tried raising wages to $30/hr or something, and the waiters were actually pissed because they made more with tips then they do the higher wage there.

So yeah, systems fucked.

1 minute ago, MCDC said:

But prices of food aren’t crazy in other countries that do so that’s what’s weird. What’s a server get paid? Barista?

Just now, Russel Coight said:

But prices of food aren’t crazy in other countries that do so that’s what’s weird. What’s a server get paid? Barista?

I’m not sure about a barista but I know servers at a sit down restaurant get paid around $2-$4 an hour…well I think. I’m sure there is some variance. I don’t know what the answer is. Cost of living in America is beyond fucked. From food to housing to health care and it’s all only getting worse 

What we need is a Universal base income because of the fucked economy - wages - etc to just simply pay bills/medical expenses, etc.  But none of ya'll voted for Yang so..

Makes plenty sense to have just enough to at least simply exist, and then still have to work hard for any other purchases. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jan said:

Minimum wage is $8.50, and I don't know a single server who makes under $14/hr base wage. Which is still too low to live off of, but it's not $2, or you were in a really scummy place.

Na, actual restaurant servers are getting paid few an hour. They aren’t required to be paid minimum wage because of the tips. I’m not an expert on this anymore , there’s gonna be variance. I still can’t imagine trying to survive on minimum wage, That’s an absolute joke 

5 minutes ago, MCDC said:

I’m not sure about a barista but I know servers at a sit down restaurant get paid around $2-$4 an hour…well I think. I’m sure there is some variance. I don’t know what the answer is. Cost of living in America is beyond fucked. From food to housing to health care and it’s all only getting worse 

Is there not a thing called minimum wage in the states? In Canada where I am I think it's like $16 an hour now. 

I always tip but it's the dumbest shit ever. You get paid by your employer to do your job, why should have to pay you directly too. Would love if they did away with it here. 

edit: I see your above posts now. I don't know if that's a thing in Canada for servers too 

Edit 2: ya servers in BC still get minimum wage plus tips. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

Is there not a thing called minimum wage in the states? In Canada where I am I think it's like $16 an hour now. 

I always tip but it's the dumbest shit ever. You get paid by your employer to do your job, why should have to pay you directly too. Would love if they did away with it here. 

edit: I see your above posts now. I don't know if that's a thing in Canada for servers too 

Edit 2: ya servers in BC still get minimum wage plus tips. 

Yea it’s all depressing. If you would have told me in 2010 that I would be getting paid what I am now, I would have thought I’d be rich. I am not even close to being rich, lol. My heart hurts for people that are making minimum wage. Minimum wage should mean minimum wage that you can fucking live on. That’s not the case 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MCDC said:

I don’t understand why people are bitching about tip culture. If you can’t afford to tip, you can’t afford to eat out. It’s that simple. When you go and get served on, give a fucking tip 

I agree, but keep it flat.