Edging Song Thread (song has leaked!)

Ghent

2 minutes ago, Vote Ghent said:

You can be excited about Tom being back in the band while also keeping an eye on what’s going on. I’m not throwing a fit…it’s early, but these ticket prices and vinyl variants being released for an untitled question mark album are a bit concerning

We don't even have a tracklist yet?  We've seen Tom for 2 seconds in a bunny suit.

What are we pre-ordering even? 

I'm like the biggest Tom bot ever and impatient as fuck.  At least wait until Friday to hear a single song, ffs lol.  What is going to happen between now and then that's so important to pre-order this mystery shit?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah I’m gonna wait till we get some more news before buying the first variant that comes out.

Ticket prices here were pretty on par with a lot of other shows happening so not too upset there personally.

They were asinine in the states, but that is Ticketmaster for you, especially in big venues like this.

I’m not blaming blink or anything, but things do seem a bit out of order. Shouldn’t there be a tell-all Rolling Stone interview or something with a single before this much money changes hands?

Not trying to be a downer, I’m pumped like everyone else. Just an eyebrow raiser for now

• Like 1

I understand riding the hype train, but it is starting to get semi-tiny bit concerning how much they are focusing on the money money money constantly right now.  I'm not naive, or dense like that, but if $1,000s of dollars are starting to get shelled out, they need to start giving us more than just an edging promo or we have really lost the plot as a society to have minimal standards.

I love the marketing right now, the news, everything, but it's so weird the way people are pulling out their wallets for such an unknown yet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vote Ghent said:

They were asinine in the states, but that is Ticketmaster for you, especially in big venues like this.

I’m not blaming blink or anything, but things do seem a bit out of order. Shouldn’t there be a tell-all Rolling Stone interview or something with a single before this much money changes hands?

Not trying to be a downer, I’m pumped like everyone else. Just an eyebrow raiser for now

We are being sold HOPE right now.  HOPE!

Pay $40-$800 for hope this will be good!

I am also pumped, just wish people weren't so rash.

1 minute ago, NeverOliver said:

I’m not spending $500 on a pair of tickets with a high probability it’s the same show I’ve seen a dozen times. 

Just freaking stoked on new music and that they’re buds. 

I’ll spend whatever, but what I care about most is definitely a genuine relationship and some music they all three tried hard to deliver. 

• Love 3

7 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

I’m not spending $500 on a pair of tickets with a high probability it’s the same show I’ve seen a dozen times. 

Just freaking stoked on new music and that they’re buds. 

For me, I’m the exact opposite. They really aren’t going to make some epic record at this point in their career. Will some people really enjoy it? Sure. But I’d taper your expectations for that. For me, it’s all about being able to have fun at the live show and share the same space with them and other fans. A man named Aubrey once stated “you only live once,” and dammit he’s correct. So I’m going to see them every chance I get , because you never know when it’s going to be your last chance. 

• Like 3

Damn they had to make an article about what happened today. I’m glad I didn’t have to deal with it, and I’m definitely grateful that my friend secured a nice spot for $218. I’m just curious now to see how it pans out with the rest of the seats and if they’ll end up less or more. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, I.AM.FAPLORD said:

For me, I’m the exact opposite. They really aren’t going to make some epic record at this point in their career. Will some people really enjoy it? Sure. But I’d taper your expectations for that. For me, it’s all about being able to have fun at the live show and share the same space with them and other fans. A man named Aubrey once stated “you only live once,” and dammit he’s correct. So I’m going to see them every chance I get , because you never know when it’s going to be your last chance. 

Oh man I’m anticipating an epic album!