Edging Song Thread (song has leaked!)

Ghent

Just please don’t parlay this newfound attitude into alien spaceship investment $$scams$$ and “movie” promotions. Please Tom. It’s make or break for me. Just be the blink guy that says crazy things and has opinions without ulterior motives.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Ava fans are the absolute worst always has been. They’re so mad about Tom going back to blink shitting all over the song. He already gave AVA barely any attention and now they’re mad that he’s doing what his fans actually want. Enjoy AVA / tom solo music, but those fans are absolutely the worst.

• Like 1

It's a good, catchy song, but as others have pointed out, it lacks that signature blink riff even if you could easily imagine one in several spots on the track (like right after the first "get the rope" bit). 

Not that every song absolutely needs a riff, but the fact that Nine had essentially zero makes me worried that this is following a trend.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Free burgers if Vote Jan said:

Tom is going full legend right now.  I'm still in shock over this whole change of pace.

Man's always had that dawg in him

Also - in regards to the song, listening to it more and it's starting to pop in my head now and then. I'm always gonna like any blink output, I love the Mark and Tom differing harmonies with the 'Oh no' etc. Only thing I find reconcile is, 'Wanna play?' can't be saying that at fifty

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Something I don't fully understand is that Blink apparently still want the general audience to perceive them as a juvenile/teenage/poppy band. Which is strange as I thought they wanted to get rid off that image.

I mean, by releasing a song like Edging as the first comeback song in 10 years, it seems like the band still felt insecure about releasing a 'serious' song. Like, will people still remember who we are, if we don't release a song with a sexual reference in the name...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theedge00 said:

Something I don't fully understand is that Blink apparently still want the general audience to perceive them as as a juvenile/teenage/poppy band. Which is strange as I thought they wanted to get rid off that image.

I mean, by releasing a song like Edging as the first comeback song in 10 years, it seems like the band still felt insecure about releasing a 'serious' song. Like, will people still remember who we are, if we don't release a song with a sexual reference in the name...

It's especially weird when you realise how famous I Miss You actually is, like yes people think of ATST and WMAA but I Miss You was huge for older generations of the time. It's the go to song our parents would go "that one was good!" to haha

But they did just sell out a world tour within 2 hours of going on sale, so I think they made the right decision?

I like serious blink as much as the next guy, but having this in your face upbeat Tom/blink is a bit of fresh air.

Especially after leaving off neighborhoods and Untitled, where things were 90% serious all the time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think a lot of the upbeat sound and immature humour is Mark & Tom just learning to have fun as friends again. They never had this kinda fun during the reunion era and their relationship back then was still a bit weird.

Blink will return to the more darker & serious kind of albums in the future. but right now they're just having fun again which is needed IMO. It's only one song released so far too, so for all we know the album could be dark & serious. Tom has said a lot of the songs are progressive too.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, theedge00 said:

Something I don't fully understand is that Blink apparently still want the general audience to perceive them as as a juvenile/teenage/poppy band. Which is strange as I thought they wanted to get rid off that image.

They wanted to until music executives explained it to them clearly in $ signs

• Like 1

Cus I’m weird I now have this weird longing for the Cali/Cali deluxe era. Always thought the deluxe was a fantastic PACKAGE. 

Hey I’m Sorry

Misery

Last Train Home

Some bangers. Good effort skeeeebs, hope current blink remember these creations as well and they filter into whatever’s to come 

1 hour ago, Free burgers if Vote Jan said:

But they did just sell out a world tour within 2 hours of going on sale, so I think they made the right decision?

I like serious blink as much as the next guy, but having this in your face upbeat Tom/blink is a bit of fresh air.

Especially after leaving off neighborhoods and Untitled, where things were 90% serious all the time.

The tour didn’t sell out because of the song Edging, Jan. 

1 hour ago, Free burgers if Vote Jan said:

Oh for sure. There’s isn’t a right or wrong here I think. Just appears that the band isn’t comfortable (yet)  shaking off the dick joke image.

16 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Oh for sure. There’s isn’t a right or wrong here I think. Just appears that the band isn’t comfortable (yet)  shaking off the dick joke image.

The song had nothing to do with the tour selling out! It was mostly sold out before the fucking song was even released anyways 

• Like 2