Edging Song Thread (song has leaked!)

Ghent

I usually quick skip over the drum intro, listen to a bit of Tom's part a bit, then fast forward to the "special place in hell" part and finish from there.

Solid decent quick song with a bit too much Cali bop to always want to listen to. 

Need more though to be able to come back to it.

42 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The NFL is still using the song for promos, I hear it quite a bit. Still never heard it on pop radio, but that's not too surprising.

My opinion on it hasn't changed. Good Cali style blink song with Tom. Can't miss with that

Still haven’t heard it in anything NFL related, where are you hearing this? Actual commercials, or during games? 

I will say that it's the worst song title they've ever came up with

Edging? A title for a lead single that has nothing to do with edging?

Makes MH3853985203 look like a great title in retrospect, at least it had a back story

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Been like that for me too. Part of it is I listen to podcasts and audiobooks a lot more now so the times I usually used to listen to music I'm now listening to other things. It's kind of sad tbh.

Same. I’m 98% listening to podcasts now and the other 2% music. Still love music and all that but just don’t obsess over it as much.

Still love the song though. Good and catchy. What’s not to love? Now that the initial hype has died down I’m hopeful they kinda tone down a bit on the whole “dick joke” thing. It’s funny but I just don’t want it to be their whole thing this time around. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Makes MH3853985203 look like a great title in retrospect, at least it had a back story

Yeah, the whole edging/dick jokes galore comeback thing was and still is amazing, truly, but the song title is kinda dumb.  Hopefully it makes more sense on the album or will always stick out like a sore thumb and doesn't really land since the song is not even cleverly connected or anything. 

20 hours ago, Ghent said:

I've always liked the MH title and other titles with a backstory like Natives haha but you're right. i do think Edging would've been a good album title though. I ain't the biggest fan of the Hard at Work name that's been rumoured. It just don't click as well as Enema or Take Off

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Hopefully there's some kind of overarching theme we're all missing. If it's dick joke city it's not gonna bother me any.. I'm all for it

i'd actually love it if all song titles had some kind of dick joke reference but all the songs aren't related to the titles at all. That's the only way I don't mind Edging as a song title haha

• Love 1

Hahah to me it's a charming song and I felt so happy hearing Tom and Mark together again, but it also feels like it's not "for me" if that makes sense...

I have no real complaints or anything, and I'm so happy it's doing well, but since there's not much to the song and it was released to announce the reunion and tour rather than a new album, it feels more like a little commercial that is out there telling the rest of the world that Blink is coming back, rather than something to obsess over.

Once we get more album news and interviews and another single it'll all start to feel more real haha. As of right now, listening to Edging feels like watching a movie trailer. It has me stoked for the real thing, but the real thing is not quite here yet.

Oh yeah it also feels like edging.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...