Edging Song Thread (song has leaked!)

Ghent

12 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I swear I was thinking about this earlier because I've seen tons of articles about Edging today and it's advertised as their first song in 10 years with the original lineup, but no one is mentioning the album, just the tour. Every time a single comes out, it's usually followed by the announcement of the new album and some press, but we go none of that this time. 
I still believe the album is done because both Tom and Mark's manager referred to it in the past tense and because they would have no reason to say it's done if it isn't, they know that their fanbase is used to all kind of delays and is very patient. 

Maybe we'll get another song soon and then an annoucement will follow. Jason Taint was right after all and he said that the next weeks were going to be amazing if you're a blink fan, so I guess there's something else coming and we're not going back to radio silence until the beginning of the tour next year.  

Remember Travis also said something about edging "all of October." He easily could be referring to this and only this, but why "all of October"?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vote Ghent said:

Hear me out:

Are we 100% sure this song is off the upcoming album? Has it ever been referred to as the lead single?

Why is the song called EDGING when it has nothing to do with edging?

What if there is some kind of EP in the works here that's going to come before the album? I feel like we may be getting fucked with in some way that is not yet clear.

Why aren't they doing media? Not even KROQ or an interview with someone where they control the questions? Wouldn't that be a no brainer if pushing a new radio single?

Something is off, but in a good way!

I think it might honestly be for the edging promotion of this world tour, and just a bonus track at best.

They've done nothing to say it's a lead single.

I'm not sure who came up with this idea for this amazing marketing but I'm loving being around for it, even though it's casting us blink die hards aside for a mass of casuals, I'm happy for it.

I don't think this is a single either, this is smart honestly.  They can ride this as tour promotion and then have an album after for us die hards!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, Vote Ghent said:

Remember Travis also said something about edging "all of October." He easily could be referring to this and only this, but why "all of October"?

yeah, all of October doesn't make sense since the song came out just a couple of days after his tweet 

Just now, Free burgers if Vote Jan said:

I think it might honestly be for the edging promotion of this world tour, and just a bonus track at best.

They've done nothing to say it's a lead single.

I'm not sure who came up with this idea for this amazing marketing but I'm loving being around for it, even though it's casting us blink die hards aside for a mass of casuals, I'm happy for it.

I don't think this is a single either, this is smart honestly.  They can ride this as tour promotion and then have an album after for us die hards!

The album is coming before the tour and Tom already said it was their best album in past tense

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think I'm going with the assumption that Tom and Mark have been recording together since at least the beginning of June when they both posted pictures from their studios on the same day and everyone who thought they could have been together were yelled at on Reddit.
Then it was still June when Tom went on that podcast and was so vague about recording an AVA album and immediately changed the subject. 

(This doesn't have anything to do with the album, but yesterday the boss of Live Nation in my country said that he booked the blink show in May) 

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

When Mark says things weren't official I think he just means crossing t's and dotting i's. Signing deals and making things official. I think they've been working together for a while now writing but had to see if it was worth it and feel it out. I mean hell the lollapalooza rumors with Tom was quite a while ago.  Jason Tate even said back in his August Newsletter that the band wasn't sure yet if they were going to tour as a 4 piece or not/what exactly the future holds

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Neal said:

if they want the vinyls out around june, they need to send off the masters now....   i'd love for this to be just a one off song, but i don't want to set my expectations up to high

Yeah I'm not sure if the site meant the VINYL would be released Spring/Summer 23, or the album. I think it just said "New Album Coming Spring/Summer 2023" or something.

Seems like they wouldn't have Vinyl preorders unless the album was done. This is the band that couldn't get Up All Night done for like 2 years remember. I feel like there's more to the story like @Vote Ghentsays. Like who releases a huge comeback single like this with all the hype they have with almost zero talk of a new album. Seems like a one off

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Knapppers said:

Seems like they wouldn't have Vinyl preorders unless the album was done. This is the band that couldn't get Up All Night done for like 2 years remember. I feel like there's more to the story like @Vote Ghentsays. Like who releases a huge comeback single like this with all the hype they have with almost zero talk of a new album. Seems like a one off

AND names it "Edging" for no apparent reason lol

Or it's on the album, but not the lead? Or maybe the entire album has random titles that will make sense later? I don't know, but we're missing info for sure.

@1:50 is the best part.

The harmonizing between the two is awesome, and they both sound their best there (yes I like the Tom oh no! No no! backdrop). Sounds pretty vintage blink there.

Song itself is still kind of disjointed/generic for them but I'm done critiquing.  On to the next song/news/edging!

• Like 3