Tom's message to Matt Skiba

Elisa

Holy shit, very classy of Tom. I know he’s more grounded now but didn’t think he would say something like that. It’s kinda weird that Tom was the first to say anything than Mark or Travis, but maybe we’ll hear more once the hype dies down. I hope Matt gets a feature with the boys sometime in the future or a guest appearance live. Dude wasn’t perfect but got way more shit than he deserved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

Holy shit, very classy of Tom. I know he’s more grounded now but didn’t think he would say something like that. It’s kinda weird that Tom was the first to say anything than Mark or Travis, but maybe we’ll hear more once the hype dies down. I hope Matt gets a feature with the boys sometime in the future or a guest appearance live. Dude wasn’t perfect but got way more shit than he deserved.

What I like about the statement is that it doesn't feel contrived or passive aggressive like most of the shit Tom has been saying over the years. It sounds.....normal, kind, considerate.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

what if this is the first time skiba has heard anything from the band since 2019 lol

this is honestly my worry and though it may be unlikely, the possibility is there. i think it's cool of tom to post this indeed, if a little self-important, but it makes me more curious to see what matt knew and when: if he gracefully bowed out months ago privately, or knew on Tuesday when the announcement drop. for some reason i feel like it's the latter.

I have a negative reaction to this post by Tom. It should have been private and I felt the tone was condescending when he described Blink as the "3 of us" and then referred to it as "our band" which clearly implied, "not you". Is it possible I am reading it wrong? Its possible. But, meh. 

But I ultimately feel like the only reaction that matters is Matts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

I really feel this shows that Matt was actually in the loop the whole time. Otherwise it’s basically and open invitation for Matt to come out and say he was fucked over. Don’t believe that’s happened anymore.

I don't think Matt is the kind of guy to publicly air his dirty laundry like that.

Was even shocked he made the comment a couple months ago.

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, J0e B1dens Dementia said:

I have a negative reaction to this post by Tom. It should have been private and I felt the tone was condescending when he described Blink as the "3 of us" and then referred to it as "our band" which clearly implied, "not you". Is it possible I am reading it wrong? Its possible. But, meh. 

But I ultimately feel like the only reaction that matters is Matts.

honestly i had kind of a similar reaction. tone is a little self-important. posting it too, while transparent for us, feels like he wrote it for the public. idk

• Like 1

/c /v

Wow, this is more interesting than the music itself.  I'm absolutely shocked Tom actually seems IN it again.

We WILL get good music at some point if that's the case between the three. I don't think he's been IN it, since like literally early TOYPAJ? (Or whenever he started dabbling with the Boxcar he seemed to have this 'moving on' aspect of him).

Crazy times.  Love it, better than any soap opera, drama, sitcom, band out there imo.

Great message Tom.

• Like 3
  • Love 1