Tom's message to Matt Skiba

Elisa

44 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

what if this is the first time skiba has heard anything from the band since 2019 lol

Life lesson we have all learned from this band, is the importance of communication within your relationships lol.

That is, by far, their biggest downfall as a band.  They are odd communicators ever since one got butthurt about something and it's never changed since.

This is the least disconnected we've even seen them since their heyday, and it's not even that connected ultimately. 

It must be a Poway/Southern California thing.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

hope skiba gets the chance to save face and let anyone who hated the previous two records know that it wasn't his fault. 

Thing is, if the last two records had Tom on them you'd be eating them up. I think you are the biggest tombot here, hands down. Radioactive Tombot

• Like 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, J0e B1dens Dementia said:

I have a negative reaction to this post by Tom. It should have been private and I felt the tone was condescending when he described Blink as the "3 of us" and then referred to it as "our band" which clearly implied, "not you". Is it possible I am reading it wrong? Its possible. But, meh. 

But I ultimately feel like the only reaction that matters is Matts.

I mean it's strange the way blink handles things.  It's all very childish, but the message felt sincere, and he plugged his 'other band' as greatness.  Most importantly, selfishly, is it makes me think Tom is actually back and closer to planet earth than ever!

Like this is actually music related? Is about 'the scene' of early 2000s pop punk.  We live for this shit.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, J0e B1dens Dementia said:

I don't think Matt is the kind of guy to publicly air his dirty laundry like that.

Was even shocked he made the comment a couple months ago.

He’s been vocal enough about other things (Asia Argento) that I could see him saying something. Even if it’s just a snide reply every now and again.

Don’t feel that’s the case here though but maybe I’m just caught up in the hype.

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

He’s been vocal enough about other things (Asia Argento) that I could see him saying something. Even if it’s just a snide reply every now and again.

Don’t feel that’s the case here though but maybe I’m just caught up in the hype.

I just don't feel like he could be that railroaded by it. He was never offered a permanent spot in the band and constantly said he was filling in for Tom. He also never tried to "own" the role or anything. He just did his duties quietly and respectfully. 

Not to mention he made boatloads of cash, is permanently all over two blink records, and got way more famous from it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Vote Ghent said:

I just don't feel like he could be that railroaded by it. He was never offered a permanent spot in the band and constantly said he was filling in for Tom. He also never tried to "own" the role or anything. He just did his duties quietly and respectfully. 

Not to mention he made boatloads of cash, is permanently all over two blink records, and got way more famous from it.

Neither. I think he definitely knew his position in the band and if spoken to about would’ve stepped away without question or issue.

But he’s still human. I feel like if any of us had put 7 years into working with people, developing friendships, helping them out etc only to be ghosted when they got a better offer we would feel betrayed and angry regardless of how that relationship benefited us personally.

Hopefully that’s not how it happened here and Tom’s post gives me hope that it isn’t.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, I.AM.FAPLORD said:

Everyone knows that wasn’t skibas fault lol

tell that to the thousands of people commenting on social media lately 

22 minutes ago, Vote Ghent said:

Thing is, if the last two records had Tom on them you'd be eating them up. I think you are the biggest tombot here, hands down. Radioactive Tombot

if they had tom then they wouldn't have feldmann or 10 additional songwriters so yeah i'd eat them up. 

• Like 1

I'm happy to see how Tom is approaching all of this. He seems to have grown up a little bit. Granted in 3 or 4 years we might be back to where we were wondering why Tom would rather focus on aliens and AaA. But until then, I'm impressed with his dedication to the band this time around. I really hope Matt is cool with the way everything has gone down. Whether you liked him in blink or not, he deserves to be treated with respect through all of this, and his post not long ago about not being sure of he's still in the band, doesn't read like he was receiving that respect, at least not yet at that point. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I wonder why this new song sounds similar to cali even though they have Tom and don't have "songwriters"????  🤔

Haha, the radioactive tombots are tying themselves in pretzels over this. Gotta love it.

• Like 1
  • Pickle 1

3 minutes ago, Vote Ghent said:

Haha, the radioactive tombots are tying themselves in pretzels over this. Gotta love it.

What they have is a producer (Travis) who learned all his producing tricks (at least for pop punk music) from Feldmann. That is why it sounds similar. I don’t know what else people expected unless they’re working with a real rock producer, which unfortunately they won’t. 

• Like 3