Tom's message to Matt Skiba

Elisa

I could see Matt knowing as early as Mark, Tom, and Travis hit the studio together, or whenever they were planning out the world tour. I’m assuming the earliest Tom talked about officially returning was shortly after they all met in person for the first time when Mark was first diagnosed, so spring/summer 2021? Didn’t one of them say that they were trying to keep the recording process as discreet as possible? I’m just assuming that they told Matt to deflect any rumors about Tom coming back. I wonder if that’s why the three of them didn’t bother to have an outsider as the producer. Then again, blink (with Tom) has been self-produced since Jerry died. I don’t know if there was a possibility that Matt didn’t know if he would still be in the band with Tom, which is why he made the “your guess is as good as mine” comment a couple months back. He also mentioned about finishing up a blink album they wrote and recorded remotely in an ALK3 interview earlier this year, saying that it got “shelved” when Mark was diagnosed and that “greater things are taking precedent.”

Regardless, if Mark/Travis didn’t tell him, I’m sure management or some legal team did several months ago. Would be shitty if it was done that way, but I hope that’s not the case and we learn more as the new era unfolds. I know Matt sort of got the short end of the stick, aside from more money and fame, but I doubt there is much bad blood, if any.

• Like 1

last summer, when matt said he didn't know if he was still in the band, i think he was being honest. if he was sworn to secrecy he wouldn't have responded to a random person at all.

i'm sure he connected the dots, just as everyone else on the internet did (2+ years without involvement), and then someone eventually told him. whether that was actually mark/travis or someone representing them is the question. band history tells us it would be the latter. we don't actually know until these guys talk about it more. 

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I still think a holy grail blink item for me would be something signed by all five members of blink-182. I don’t know what that would be though, it would have to be generic and not era-specific enough for it to make sense for Scott to sign it. Wouldn’t be an Enema of the State album or something like that lol. Maybe just a t-shirt or something. I don’t know what would make the most sense, but it would be so cool to have something with all five signatures on it. Not something I’m going to seriously pursue, as getting a Scott autograph on anything seems basically impossible.

The classic blink bunny in some form, be it stuffed or a T-Shirt, or a poster or whatever.  Yeah the smiley has become their main logo, but that bunny has persisted, even popping back up on the website over the last week as it was being updated.  I think this would be the item that would make most sense to get signed by each member.  Granted I don't think it saw much use while Matt was around, but I do believe there was a shirt or two in that time where it still popped up, so I think that would work.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, M!ke said:

The classic blink bunny in some form, be it stuffed or a T-Shirt, or a poster or whatever.  Yeah the smiley has become their main logo, but that bunny has persisted, even popping back up on the website over the last week as it was being updated.  I think this would be the item that would make most sense to get signed by each member.  Granted I don't think it saw much use while Matt was around, but I do believe there was a shirt or two in that time where it still popped up, so I think that would work.

That wouldn’t be bad! If only it were actually realistic to hope to ever get a Scott autograph. I guess realistically I would have to buy something that has already been signed by Scott and then attempt to get the rest of the members to sign it.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 1:34 PM, Free burgers if Vote Jan said:

Life lesson we have all learned from this band, is the importance of communication within your relationships lol.

That is, by far, their biggest downfall as a band.  They are odd communicators ever since one got butthurt about something and it's never changed since.

Blink trying to deal with their emotions since 2002:

• Sad 1