Tom's message to Matt Skiba

Elisa

5 hours ago, NeverOliver said:

It's better to set a bird free than to keep it locked up in a cage

Yeah, I'm excited for whatever he releases next and I'm not even a major Alk3 or Skiba fan. I just feel like he HAS to have some pent up emotion about this whole thing one way or another and will give his best effort on whatever he releases next and it might be some good shit. 

He's much better on his own or with his own band than with blink honestly.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chewy030 said:

Aka, "I still get royalties"

Nah, this was chill.  I was kind of selfishly hoping he was a little butthurt about something with the band's ending or existence with him in it he would galvanize towards some epic Trio music, but ultimately glad they are all chill and might reconnect/feature in some ways. 

• Wow 1

Just now, Free burgers if Vote Jan said:

Aka, "I still get royalties"

Nah, this was chill.  I was kind of selfishly hoping he was a little butthurt about something with the band's ending or existence with him in it he would galvanize towards some epic Trio music, but ultimately glad they are all chill and might reconnect/feature in some ways. 

Oh please. He ain’t making that much in royalties anymore. Not like copies of California and nine are still flying off the shelves. Had to split songwriting credits with a million other people on NINE as well. The money he made from blink was mostly just touring 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jlx9 said:

Shit’s getting wholesome with Matt and Tom. Now I’m wanting a four-piece again. I hope Matt collabs with the band at some point or at least ALK3 does a tour with them sometime.

I really am dying to hear a song with their three distinct voices.  Could be really cool I think.

• Like 1

I think Matt will be involved with Tom at some point in blink. Will be awhile, but the future seems bright for the first time in a long time for this band. It’s insane that it’s taken my entire young and early adulthood to happen, but I’m here for it and grateful. Let’s go!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Vote Ghent said:

I think Matt will be involved with Tom at some point in blink. Will be awhile, but the future seems bright for the first time in a long time for this band. It’s insane that it’s taken my entire young and early adulthood to happen, but I’m here for it and grateful. Let’s go!

I think that’s definitely possible and even highly probable. I’m starting to come around to the new single for what it is, just a little bit. Lol I was just giving an honest critique earlier. I’m still pumped for them to be back. Speaking of this early adulthood, just how old are you? 😅

Just now, Grandpa Reefer said:

I think that’s definitely possible and even highly probable. I’m starting to come around to the new single for what it is, just a little bit. Lol but I was just giving an honest critique, I’m still pumped for them to be back. Speaking of this early adulthood, just how old are you? 😅

35… I’m giving myself until 40 before it’s middle adulthood. Am I being too generous?

Lets put it this way, blink wasted my prime adult era being a joke of a band until Skiba somewhat salvaged it. They owe me. Lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Vote Ghent said:

35… I’m giving myself until 40 before it’s middle adulthood. Am I being too generous?

Lets put it this way, blink wasted my prime adult era being a joke of a band until Skiba somewhat salvaged it. They owe me. Lol

Ok sheesh you fucking had me feeling shitty at 36 for a second 🤣. I’ll accept early adulthood until 40 for sure. Not looking forward to hitting that milestone to be honest lol. 

8 minutes ago, Grandpa Reefer said:

Ok sheesh you fucking had me feeling shitty at 36 for a second 🤣. I’ll accept early adulthood until 40 for sure. Not looking forward to hitting that milestone to be honest lol. 

Neither am I dude. But I’m guessing once we hit it we can just start pretending 50 is the new “old.”

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Vote Ghent said:

I thought we were the same age … I’m 36.

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I thought we were the same age … I’m 36.

Shhh, turning in November.

I have been lurking this place since I was 15 years old. Registered and posting since 16 or 17.

Pretty fucking wild 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

37 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

This place is like an old persons home.

You’re telling me…I’m 22 and been lurking here as early as 2014, while joining the following year. I got into blink by 2012 or 2013, but experiencing the Skiba era unfold on here was apparently my “nostalgic moment” with blink, which is so fucking weird to think about. I’m gonna miss him, but it feels like a distant fever dream looking back at his time in blink. I don’t have much of a musical bias towards any era of the band. I like it all for different reasons. Was gonna buy tickets to see them at least once before they call it quits someday, but Ticketmaster is telling me otherwise. Back to the boards, I figured the youngest of the regulars was like at least 30 so I’ve been trying hard to refrain from using any zoomer language here. 😆

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

On 10/13/2022 at 9:25 PM, NotNow said:

I don’t think there’s any issue with Matt, but Tom is totally the type of person to just post this publicly without thinking about how the other person might feel because by all intents it seems like a nice message, but the other person might just not want the attention.

But. We are always right when there’s drama with this band over the last fifteen years. Anytime we’ve thought something is weird because of the way people have been acting, we’ve been right. It is odd that both mark and Travis have acknowledged Matt once. It’s like peoples brains are broken and forgetting the shit Tom has caused this band and we always picked up on it so far in advance every time. Fuck it I’m calling that there is some bad blood. Everything about this is weird. Not that I think Matt should be upset, I don’t think it’s more than he’s bummed so doesn’t want to be involved with them anymore understandably; not that he resents them or anything.

yes, lol tom is such a fukup