Share Your YouTube Channels!

surfbro16

Hey guys, so with the collective amount of people we have in here I thought it would be a cool idea to start a topic on this.  I searched for just a generic post like this and couldn't find one so sorry if I missed something that was already going.  So yea, post your youtube channels in here, would love to see what everybody on the boards creates if they do, and support everybody.  Will certainly sub to you guys channels to help out!

Personally, recently I had a comic channel (www.youtube.com/comicsbythebay) that I was pushing hard cause my buddy came to me with the idea and wanted my help.  Sadly after about 6 months he just called it quits after not getting his way, even though I bent over backwards to try to do what he wanted, oh well.  Sometimes you find out who your friends are and who is just using you.  With that departure I had an empty void of uploading weekly content and have decided to start my personal channel based on things I like: Photography, and a joke news channel called WMATTT which is piggy backing off my dad's funny facebook videos.  So yea, to start, here's mine:

WMATTT / MSP

• Like 1

https://youtube.com/user/AirCanada1J5

I had a really weird experience.  I hit 950-1,050 subscribers the whole time, which you need over 1k to make money. Which was annoying.

I then randomly got noticed by a Sacramento Kings media team for one  video of their player, and they started emailing me and sending me live practice footage and I started mixing it.

Then whenever I asked them if I was going to get paid for making these for them, they kept ghosting me.  Eventually I said I'm not doing these for free, and they said they would link my page on any mixed footage used at most.  Mixing footage takes like 20 hours at least. So I got scammed by an official NBA account.  The the NBA came out a year later and said they are banning all freelance editors and hiring three of them to mix their footage for them not mine.

I have a channel mostly for my music docuseries (interviewing musicians and music video directors, and I do a TON of research before hand) and I always make sure to ask very precise questions that not necessarily would be asked in normal interviews 😃

I'm using those interviews for my portfolio!

I've worked more than 6 months on the project that I've added in the post! more interviews are on the way!

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Thibaut182 said:

I have a channel mostly for music interviews (interviewing musicians and music video directors, and I do a TON of research before hand) and I always make sure to ask very precise questions that not necessarily would be asked in normal interviews 😃

I'm using those interviews for my portfolio!

I've worked more than 6 months on the project that I've added in the post! more interviews are on the way!

That sounds awesome!  Going to check it out now and sub!

• 2 months later...

Well, after my "friend" dicked me over on our comic channel, I decided to go back to it and just run it myself.  Since then it's been nothing but fun and I've met so many great friends just like on here back in the day.  Just wanted to say late Merry Christmas to all, I love each and everyone of you, especially Ethan!

• Like 3

That’s awesome! I’ve been thinking more & more that I’ll start a channel eventually….I just struggle with certain aspects of it. The world is full of creeps & I don’t like that. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣 My kids would want to be involved & that part stresses me tf out. Has there been any issues for y’all involving your kid? 

3 of my siblings make money on YT, none of their primary income…but it’s been great for all of them, for different reasons. None of them started with the notion they’d be quitting jobs & putting most their effort into their own business, but that’s where it’s seemingly headed for all 3 of them. Super excited for them (& I need to figure out what is going to get me there too 🙃🤣). 

• Love 1

On 12/27/2022 at 8:19 PM, surfbro16 said:

Well, after my "friend" dicked me over on our comic channel, I decided to go back to it and just run it myself.  Since then it's been nothing but fun and I've met so many great friends just like on here back in the day.  Just wanted to say late Merry Christmas to all, I love each and everyone of you, especially Ethan!

I love the alter ego redneck on the toilet 😂

My YouTube channel qualifies for monetization now thanks to my viral blink-182 and Star Wars videos I made years ago. I got enough views and subscribers to start making money on the platform. I keep thinking eventually I’ll start doing something with it, but depression has so far prevented it.

On 1/4/2023 at 2:46 PM, heater said:

That’s awesome! I’ve been thinking more & more that I’ll start a channel eventually….I just struggle with certain aspects of it. The world is full of creeps & I don’t like that. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣 My kids would want to be involved & that part stresses me tf out. Has there been any issues for y’all involving your kid? 

3 of my siblings make money on YT, none of their primary income…but it’s been great for all of them, for different reasons. None of them started with the notion they’d be quitting jobs & putting most their effort into their own business, but that’s where it’s seemingly headed for all 3 of them. Super excited for them (& I need to figure out what is going to get me there too 🙃🤣). 

Nah, it doesn't affect them at all, maybe only by them thinking i'm just more of an idiot when I do something stupid on the channel lol.  Our daughter loves the idea of it, but then goes super shy mode every time I hit record.  So far it's just been fun and that's all I want it to be about!

• Love 1

On 1/4/2023 at 4:31 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

My YouTube channel qualifies for monetization now thanks to my viral blink-182 and Star Wars videos I made years ago. I got enough views and subscribers to start making money on the platform. I keep thinking eventually I’ll start doing something with it, but depression has so far prevented it.

What's your channel, I'll sub up!

11 hours ago, surfbro16 said:

What's your channel, I'll sub up!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe0grqL6vdvkNnWwDU4UMcg

haven't uploaded anything in a long time. just checked and I'm not eligible for monetization anymore because somehow my watch hours went down lol.

tSIQKy2.jpeg

nothing that's currently on my channel is monetizable anyway because it's all edits of stolen footage and music from other things haha. eventually I'd like to start actually making original videos but we'll see if I ever get around to it.

• Love 1
  • Wow 1