Who remembers (nostalgia trip of old)

madgaz182

Who remembers when blink would play AOL sessions before an album would drop and they would straight up play new stuff 

who remembers them playing new songs on tour before an album had dropped 

or when they would try new songs in their set before anyone had even heard of them 

sometimes I hate the internet for the simple fact it’s all spoiled before it’s meant too

whats your nostalgia takes from things of yesteryear ?

1 minute ago, madgaz182 said:

Who remembers when blink would play AOL sessions before an album would drop and they would straight up play new stuff 

Yes, the AOL sets sounded like shit, but that was always fun.

Times have changed though.  Seems like bands don't go out and play new stuff ever anymore, outside 1 song that's already been released.

or when they would try new songs in their set before anyone had even heard of them 

This I definitely miss the most.  My biggest gripe with California era (tour wise) was that they'd never play California songs..even after the album dropped.

sometimes I hate the internet for the simple fact it’s all spoiled before it’s meant too

Love/hate.  We've all fallen victim to the impatience internet instant access brings.  The best days for me were having to go MTV and wait for cool songs/videos to come out and then go to Limewire to download from there if you liked and then tune back in at the next hour and try not to miss the video.

When youtube was still new (no ads, no much of anything but the videos and comments) and finding Dammit and Josie on there.

Neighborhoods/DED isn't that old, but playing that on Youtube constantly in the dorm was a blast. 

4 hours ago, madgaz182 said:

i remember these first two but the AOL sessions were after my time.

i definitely miss the days of hearing the uranus tracks for nearly a year live before they were selling the 7." or when mark would announce "this is a new song" and do a one off of "apple shampoo" or "dammit" or even a bit later on, "mutt."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, madgaz182 said:

yes the internet as taken alot of kool stuff away 

3 hours ago, Grandpa Reefer said:

Didn’t they only do the AOL sessions one time? You spoke of it like it was for every album cycle 

I mean yeah it was for untitled but I’m more so asking do people remember when playing new album stuff live before the album dropped was a thing 

god damn hope we get some recording footage this time around or even a dvd or something to document it 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Fun fact - the first time blink split was in that rehearsal space that the  AOL sessions take place in

Fun fact n°2 - there's a Foo Fighters documentary that came out in 2008 or 2009, at some point Chris Shiflett was showing around the space where the band was rehearsing and he said "this is the room where blink-182 broke up in 2005"  

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

5 hours ago, Elisa said:

Fun fact n°2 - there's a Foo Fighters documentary that came out in 2008 or 2009, at some point Chris Shiflett was showing around the space where the band was rehearsing and he said "this is the room where blink-182 broke up in 2005"  

yeah, i remember Dave Navarro mentioning that they broke up right before they announced it a few weeks later. I guess it was a hot rumor for a bit in the rock circles. Dave I think retracted it and said he wasn't sure, but it was literally the first time I had heard they even had a fight. 

• Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 10:29 AM, Ghost said:

I think 'Go' was 'released' that way. First in a live session on the radio or something.

Was played live first in Japan before the record came out as i recall. We all came on here to listen to a low quality recording of it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 3:08 AM, daveyjones said:

i remember these first two but the AOL sessions were after my time.

i definitely miss the days of hearing the uranus tracks for nearly a year live before they were selling the 7." or when mark would announce "this is a new song" and do a one off of "apple shampoo" or "dammit" or even a bit later on, "mutt."

One of my top 10 songs by them

• Like 1