UNRELEASED DOCUMENTARY IS BEING STREAMED LIVE RIGHT NOW

madgaz182

49 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i don't think there's "outrage." stuff is always gonna leak. it was just disrespectful to post it on his server is all.

I was gonna watch it and then I just never got around to it and now I’m too lazy. Do me a favor and let Mark know, try and spin it as me being a respectful fan … not like these other cretins.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, boxelder said:

i’m fairly certain it’s mainly november 30-dec 16 2004. the shots in the middle east were aug 2003 and the scattered footage of untitled recording were the same year. some of the paris footage might’ve been their first european tour of 2004 that february.

This is all correct I think

• Like 2

When you watch this, it just makes you wonder what could have been if they stayed together.  You would think the next album wouldve been pretty great and just put them in like Foo Fighters nowadays level status.

I feel like Untitled really cemented them as being a massive band, one that wasnt just basic pop punk mtv music. Feel like the next album wouldve put them on top of the world

• Like 5

23 hours ago, No Burgers, For You -Jan said:

I told you all it was Self Titled and got shamed for it.

Hey I'm with you.  I always stood by Self Titled for years until there was this shift where you started getting told you were wrong to call it Self Titled.  I begrudgingly accepted that at some point it changed, but still always knew that it definitely released as Self Titled.  Someone here wasn't hearing it and said it was always Untitled and I too got shamed for ever even floating such a thought.  But there are more examples from the time of them calling it self titled I know that, it wasn't jus that one time, that's for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kibbles said:

Fans try to share long lost footage and are shamed, lmao what a shitshow discord. It’s not like it’s a leaked song or some shit, it’s uncovered 2004 footage. 
the year is 2022.

How dare you watch footage of your favourite band that’s been made available! For shame!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it's fucking 2022, everything that is in somebody else's hands will eventually leak. the only way to gain back some of the control on those things is to leak them yourself and give context to the material. 

being offfended that this got out just makes it even worse than giving some context to it.

also, as many have said before, those fans just had to throw ridiculous amounts of money at you for a 75-90 min show, so i'd be careful with the word disrespectful.

what a interesting watch!!

13 hours ago, boxelder said:

a week ago when i made that thread of ranking the videos, i placed not now so high because i kept thinking when re-watching it "damn, i wish that footage was available". and now it is -- huge props to the person that felt compelled to leak the doc. narrative or no narrative, it's such a trip to see this footage -- puts you right back in that moment, when untitled was so fresh, feels like you're there. such an incredible treat.

some of the footage of jerry finn, and fans and servicemen is touching too. seeing the footage of the recording boys don't cry at bbc is like mind-blowing...mark says in some of the kerrang radio snippets that the footage was designed for a DVD set for 2005, which i think was hinted at right before they broke up. this is essentially urethra chronicles III.

all the while, some of the footage of that last european tour is eye-opening. you honestly start to feel for tom -- he mentions his family and daughter multiple times, and you can understand where he's coming from. likewise, you can kinda tell mark isn't having the best time on that last tour... the last clip of him ("cutting room floor") while humorous is sort-of telling, a great ending lol.

altogether, an incredible snapshot of the band at a tumultuous time. one of the holy grail finds.

I can't wait to see it.

I agree with you 100%.

I always thought that, in first instance, what happened in the band during that period was a massive burnout due to everyone's different reasons and opinions. I don't think anyone was good or evil, just grown up people trying to handle private/family life while being rockstars touring all over the world in their absolute commercial and artistic peak. I mean, I'm sure everyone did the best they could or knew at that moment, and that anyone was meaning to harm anyone. I can see and understand that from every point of view: the ones who wanted to keep on touring, and the ones who not. It's a hard situation to deal with for everyone.

A different debate is how things were handled afterwards. That's a different thing.

EDIT: This is a perfect companion to the 'cheetah vids' they released through the Untitled recording process.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

again, who cares if it leaked. it's the internet. stuff makes it out. i don't know anyone who's "offended" or "upset" or "outraged" or was "shaming" people. 

posting it to mark's discord was the wrong call. that's it. end of story. 

How?

literally it’s a place full of blink fans, why wouldn’t someone share it there?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Knapppers said:

When you watch this, it just makes you wonder what could have been if they stayed together.  You would think the next album wouldve been pretty great and just put them in like Foo Fighters nowadays level status.

I feel like Untitled really cemented them as being a massive band, one that wasnt just basic pop punk mtv music. Feel like the next album wouldve put them on top of the world

I’m sorry, but no way blink would ever be as huge and respected as Foo Fighters. blink’s live game would make sure that never happens. They don’t sound nearly as good as Foo live, and blink uses back tracks, Foo doesn’t. Sorry but no 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

I can't wait to see it.

I agree with you 100%.

I always thought that, in first instance, what happened in the band during that period was a massive burnout due to everyone's different reasons and opinions. I don't think anyone was good or evil, just grown up people trying to handle private/family life while being rockstars touring all over the world in their absolute commercial and artistic peak. I mean, I'm sure everyone did the best they could or knew at that moment, and that anyone was meaning to harm anyone. I can see and understand that from every point of view: the ones who wanted to keep on touring, and the ones who not. It's a hard situation to deal with for everyone.

A different debate is how things were handled afterwards. That's a different thing.

EDIT: This is a perfect companion to the 'cheetah vids' they released through the Untitled recording process.

I agree

To me, the problem was that Tom 's request of a really long stop could have interrupted the grow of the band. I remember the 2006 Mark's interview: he said that they could have stop touring (as Tom asked) but instead they would start writing/recording the new album. At that point Tom wanted to record in different places. Basically he needed to stay at home (maybe his wife asked him to do so?) to observe/follow his child growing up, while the band was at the top of it game and the machine couldn't be stopped. The record company didn't want them to take a long break, and maybe Mark (or Travis) didn't have those family obligations or they could handle them in a better way. I don't even think that they had big fights over the band's future but that they simply stopped communicating each other: they appeared really burned out at the end of the European Tour and it exacerbated their relationships.

At the end of the day nobody is right or wrong in this case. Think about the Tom Brady divorce rumors: he has put his career before his family, and his wife is gone. As for the blink breakup, we talk about things which relate to their privacy, and we can't really comprehend what happened. But we'll always try to figure it out because we can imagine that they were to record an authentic masterpiece. 
I truly love this unreleased documentary and the sad/dark vibe of it. We know how it ended and it leaves you with a bittersweet taste everytime you think about that era of the band.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Knapppers said:

Youtubed the director guy and found this. I guess its on the netflix show but funny how the tour doc they seem pretty normal, but in this video, Mark talks about how bad it was

Thats crazy, I had no idea that the photo on the back of the greatest hits was literally the exact last moment of  Blink's original run.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Frank Woods said:

I agree

To me, the problem was Tom 's request of a really long stop that could have interrupt the grow of the band. I remember the 2006 Mark's interview: he said that they could even stop touring (as Tom asked) but instead they would start writing/recording the new album. At that point Tom wanted to do it in different places. Basically he needed to stay at home (maybe his wife asked him to do so?) to observe/follow his child growing up, while the band was at the top of it game and the machine couldn't be stopped. The record company didn't want them to take a long break, and maybe Mark (or Travis) didn't have those family obligations or they could handle them in a better way. I don't even think that they had big fights over the band's future but that they simply stopped communicating each other: they appear really burned out at the end of the European Tour and it exacerbated their relationships.

At the end of the day nobody is right or wrong in this case. Think about the Tom Brady divorce rumors: he has put his career before his family, and his wife is gone. As for the blink breakup, whe talk about things which relate to their privacy, and we can't really comprehend what happened. But we'll always try to figure it out because we can imagine that they were to record an authentic masterpiece. 
I truly love this unreleased documentary and the sad/dark vibe of it. We know how it ended and it leaves you with a bittersweet taste everytime you think about that era of the band.

Yeah, I think that's a very good approach to what could have happened.

I don't have a f'ing clue about what they talked about, but I think somehow they lost patience all over each other due to the burnout thing. Maybe Tom wanted to do a full stop and, in first instance, to work separatedly, but I think that was because, again, the burnout situation. I mean, I can see him and the rest of the band coming together to the studio after a period of being off and not losing their creative momentum. But I'm assuming they were not able to handle that situation at that very specific moment due to the tension. Which is understandable, to be fair. But who knows.

The thing I hate the most is when I listen to WDNTW and WYHSB, I always end up thinking "ffs... what an album could have been if they worked the best ideas of each album together". I can see The Adventure, The War, It Hurts, WYHST, Lycanthrope, Cliff Diving, etc configuring a proper Blink-182 album. A huge one. 

That's actually a total edging situation... HAH.

• Like 4
  • Love 1