UNRELEASED DOCUMENTARY IS BEING STREAMED LIVE RIGHT NOW

madgaz182

2 hours ago, NotNow said:

Mark hasn’t acknowledged any of these things. Marks manager made one comment about not sharing the bonus tracks within the discord, but doesn’t care about elsewhere. They’ve tried to make them legally available but haven’t had any luck.

No one from the blink camp has acknowledged the documentary, just mods not affiliated with the band.

Oh, I see. A bunch of nerds who want to feel important.

Meh. I guess the band doesn't care at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This doc made me realize just how short of a time they were together after untilted. For some reason i never clued into that. Felt like there was a couple years after it came out but they bascially only toured for a year after it came out and then they were done

• Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 6:24 PM, radioactive tomdog said:

wasn't that last statement in regards to sharing a youtube link to the take off your pants and jacket bonus tracks so newer fans could hear them? being opposed to that is even more ridiculous and less understandable than sharing the documentary. those songs aren't streaming and the CDs are long OOP.

i saw that "ranking" albums and songs wasn't allowed either lol. same with talking about tom shaving his head. 

I know nothing of this.  But I might see how they view the TOYPAJ bonus tracks in general to be a part of the band's history that they want to hide.  Don't get me wrong, What Went Wrong, Time To Breakup, and Don't Tell Me That It's over are fantastic and I don't think they want to hide those songs, but they will forever also be lumped together with songs about fucking a dog and fucking your own grandfather (And Mother's Day is just whatever).  I know we all know they're just dumb joke songs, but in this extra-woke, cancel anything even slightly inappropriate world, I can see why those songs in particular might be getting disowned by the band as a whole (whether by personal choice or advisement of their management).  For that same reason, even though I don't think it was ever in the cards, I would never expect a studio recording of 13 Miles at this point lol.

Having said that, I think they should just take the 3 serious bonus tracks and make only them a part of a modern reissue of the album, would probably help noobs from looking deeper into the history of the album if they think the album they have has all the bonus tracks of that time.  Of course my theory could be way off here, but I think there could be some truth to it, I certainly see a logic to it anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

I know nothing of this.  But I might see how they view the TOYPAJ bonus tracks in general to be a part of the band's history that they want to hide.  Don't get me wrong, What Went Wrong, Time To Breakup, and Don't Tell Me That It's over are fantastic and I don't think they want to hide those songs, but they will forever also be lumped together with songs about fucking a dog and fucking your own grandfather (And Mother's Day is just whatever).  I know we all know they're just dumb joke songs, but in this extra-woke, cancel anything even slightly inappropriate world, I can see why those songs in particular might be getting disowned by the band as a whole (whether by personal choice or advisement of their management).  For that same reason, even though I don't think it was ever in the cards, I would never expect a studio recording of 13 Miles at this point lol.

Having said that, I think they should just take the 3 serious bonus tracks and make only them a part of a modern reissue of the album, would probably help noobs from looking deeper into the history of the album if they think the album they have has all the bonus tracks of that time.  Of course my theory could be way off here, but I think there could be some truth to it, I certainly see a logic to it anyway.

Hm... I get the point but, in my opinion, that would be a dumb move. If blink falls into that super-woke shit, then it's all over. People has to re-learn that humor, jokes and stuff like that is no big deal and, moreover, is healthy. We can not re-write history (and I think for good). Those songs were part of blink's ethos. Trying to bury them, if that was the thing, would be stupid as hell. Blink was absolutely well known for being not too serious and being laughing at literally everything, including themselves. That was (is) part of their charm.

But also, I think that if it was the case, they wouldn't have released EDGING talking about fuck in the church, you know.

Anyways, you may be right, and it's a good point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Tom referenced both

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

I don't think they want to hide those songs, but they will forever also be lumped together with songs about fucking a dog and fucking your own grandfather (And Mother's Day is just whatever).  I know we all know they're just dumb joke songs, but in this extra-woke, cancel anything even slightly inappropriate world, I can see why those songs in particular might be getting disowned by the band as a whole (whether by personal choice or advisement of their management).  For that same reason, even though I don't think it was ever in the cards, I would never expect a studio recording of 13 Miles at this point lol.

funny you say this because Tom referenced both of those songs and implied there’s worse to come - 

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

Hm... I get the point but, in my opinion, that would be a dumb move. If blink falls into that super-woke shit, then it's all over. People has to re-learn that humor, jokes and stuff like that is no big deal and, moreover, is healthy. We can not re-write history (and I think for good). Those songs were part of blink's ethos. Trying to bury them, if that was the thing, would be stupid as hell. Blink was absolutely well known for being not too serious and being laughing at literally everything, including themselves. That was (is) part of their charm.

But also, I think that if it was the case, they wouldn't have released EDGING talking about fuck in the church, you know.

Anyways, you may be right, and it's a good point.

Eh fucking in a church might be morally wrong, but I think we can agree it's not nearly as fucked up as zoophilia, incest, or (in the case of 13 Miles) pedophilia. Again I know we all know they're jokes, but there are people in the world now that could easily ignore that and want to cancel them. I don't think anyone is out there looking to do so, but that would be the content to look to, not so much Edging.

11 hours ago, M!ke said:

No ones cancelling blink over obvious joke songs, don't be daft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

No ones cancelling blink over obvious joke songs, don't be daft.

I'm not saying they are, I'm saying the move to hide such songs, might come from management and be preemptive for the day where some Karen does come along and decides blink isn't safe for this overly sensitive world. Afterall, people have tried to cancel others over similarly obvious edgy immature jokes like James Gunn (though clearly that all ultimately went greatly in his favor, still its a headache anyone would be happy to do without I'm sure). Would certainly explain why they seem to be trying hard to hide TOYPAJ bonus songs as mentioned earlier 

Man, gotta love this 2004 dark vibe shit. You can feel the tension. Cool to witness a BBC footage of first ever playin Always live. They definitely looking exhausted as hell. Probably would still split after a following up album around 2007. It's a natural progression. New album in 2005-06 and touring asap would only get them a bigger tragedy. 

• Like 2

glad this got released,

fun watch for me,

but this is clearly not good enough for a commercial release

and is the reason as i was expecting it never got released officialy, as its often the case with things that are delayed like that

now that its easier 2 dump thins like that they should release more stuff llike that, its fun

ppl like it

On 10/27/2022 at 9:07 PM, just_bringing_good_chats said:

glad this got released,

fun watch for me,

but this is clearly not good enough for a commercial release

and is the reason as i was expecting it never got released officialy, as its often the case with things that are delayed like that

now that its easier 2 dump thins like that they should release more stuff llike that, its fun

ppl like it

Well its nowhere near finished - its a very rough edit. 

• Like 2

Man, I know the Blinkumentary became a running joke, but we did get a few short videos and a full live song from the guys recording the documentary and the footage really did look fantastic.  I would love to see a similar unfinished cut of all that content one day.  But of course it being what it is, I'm not holding my breath on that, as failing to deliver was the name of the game with that documentary. 

16 hours ago, M!ke said:

Man, I know the Blinkumentary became a running joke, but we did get a few short videos and a full live song from the guys recording the documentary and the footage really did look fantastic.  I would love to see a similar unfinished cut of all that content one day.  But of course it being what it is, I'm not holding my breath on that, as failing to deliver was the name of the game with that documentary. 

I always wanted the audio from that tour. They recorded every show. Made me wonder if they had plans to release it and then release all the audio shows to buy if folks wanted. 

2 hours ago, Chewy030 said:

I always wanted the audio from that tour. They recorded every show. Made me wonder if they had plans to release it and then release all the audio shows to buy if folks wanted. 

Those shows were the true essence of punk rock. Fast, energic and raw, with the best guitar tones Tom ever used.

I'd love an official release of one of them.

• Like 2