Fifa World Cup Qatar 2022 ⚽️🏆

theedge00

Southgate justifying sticking with the players everybody wants dropped. 

You're a complete mug if you think you can throw together a team of inform players who have barely played together or have any international experience into a major tournament and expect them to do well. Say what you want about this team, but the spine of it have now reached a semi and a final in the last two major tournaments. 

Maguire delivered, so did Sterling - two of the players everyone was calling for to be dropped. 

We were a bit sloppy towards the end but to bang in 6 against a team 20th in the world is not to be sniffed at. Argentina showed the next day that it isn't always easy to play an underdog. 

Just hope the Kane injury isn't that bad although I wouldn't risk him as I think we're good enough to win the group without him. 

12 hours ago, Elisa said:

Canada did so well, nobody expected them to stand against Belgium like this. 

They did well but this Belgium team are so poor, they had a chance to win something in the last few tournaments but wasted it by having an average manager. Now they have the same ageing team from previous tournaments and most of them are well past their best, I think they might scrape out of the group but can't see them going deep. 

10 hours ago, King of the Long Weekend said:

Saw Canada lost but then remembered 

greg-soccer.gif

Don't you like ice hockey? nobody gives a shit about that...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Low Value Boy said:

They did well but this Belgium team are so poor, they had a chance to win something in the last few tournaments but wasted it by having an average manager. Now they have the same ageing team from previous tournaments and most of them are well past their best, I think they might scrape out of the group but can't see them going deep. 

Agreed. If I were Belgium, I'd regret letting Martinez reign over what was their golden generation. That backline is too old now, and how does Dendoncker play ahead of Wout Faes?