Favorite Christmas Movies

M!ke

What can I say?  I'm in the spirit, and I was having a conversation with my buddy where we were trying to pick our top 3 Christmas movies.  And yes, if your movie merely takes place at Christmas, I'd say it counts, so by all means, include Die Hard or Iron Man 3 or Gremlins or whatever.  So if you got any, what are your favorite Christmas movies?

These are what I landed on, in no particular order for my top 3:

Christmas Vacation
Home Alone
The Muppets Christmas Carol

And here are two controversial opinions: It's a Wonderful Life, is wonderfully boring, I just can't sit through it without getting bored.  And A Christmas Story does nothing for me, there might be one or two decent laughs to be had, but the rest of the movie I just find insufferable.

• Like 2

Christmas Vacation and Home Alone are two of the only ones I still love. I love Christmas but I don’t find myself enjoying Christmas movies much anymore. I don’t know why!

I think the Jim Carey Grinch is pretty funny still. Haven’t watched it in a few years though.

I haven’t watched It’s a Wonderful Life since I was a child. But in the past year or so I’ve started really enjoying old movies like I never have before. I should give that one another try, I might love it.

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

jim carey grinch good 😤

It’s soo much better than the recent one that came out. That one is lifeless. I don’t think the cartoon is that great either. Has some cool moments but overall meh for me

Can we agree that Home Alone 2 is a complete trash cash-grab of the first one?  I had to suffer through this abomination Christmas Eve and it was so cringe.  "How many ways can we rip ourselves off with willllder and crazzzier traps and gags?!"

The first one is an absolute classic.

20 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Can we agree that Home Alone 2 is a complete trash cash-grab of the first one?  I had to suffer through this abomination Christmas Eve and it was so cringe.  "How many ways can we rip ourselves off with willllder and crazzzier traps and gags?!"

The first one is an absolute classic.

100%.

To be fair, I saw the original a bunch of times as a kid and probably only saw the second one once, so the first has a nostalgia factor for me that the sequel doesn't, which makes them hard to compare.