The Last Of Us

Scott.

12 hours ago, Roux said:

I mean, that’s a pretty low bar right? Off the top of head, the only decent adaptations I’ve seen lately were Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat, but both were pretty cheesy. 

That said, I think we are seeing a huge shift and TLOU is leading the charge. I’m excited to see what they do with Fallout and MGS.

24 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

I mean, that’s a pretty low bar right? Off the top of head, the only decent adaptations I’ve seen lately were Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat, but both were pretty cheesy. 

That said, I think we are seeing a huge shift and TLOU is leading the charge. I’m excited to see what they do with Fallout and MGS.

Tbf the Sonic movies were actually pretty good too. 

But yeah there is definitely a shift happening. It’s easier I guess with very plot driven games like TLOU.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Legit Alpha Coight said:

Tbf the Sonic movies were actually pretty good too. 

But yeah there is definitely a shift happening. It’s easier I guess with very plot driven games like TLOU.

I watched the first Sonic and it was pretty good, need to check out the sequel at some point. I also forgot Detective Pikachu, that was surprisingly great. 

Did you watch Halo? I got halfway through and just dropped it. Seemed pretty meh. 

30 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

I watched the first Sonic and it was pretty good, need to check out the sequel at some point. I also forgot Detective Pikachu, that was surprisingly great. 

Did you watch Halo? I got halfway through and just dropped it. Seemed pretty meh. 

Yeah detective pikachu was good too. I feel like the ones that don’t necessarily take themselves too seriously end up being the better ones. Something like TLOU is different though since it’s a movie-game to begin with.

Nah. Never had any interest. Couldn’t even force myself to play more than 5 hours of the newest game. Just no interest.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Worst poster here said:

agree - very low bar. I liked some part of The Witcher - but they strayed too far past the source material, that it got silly. 

TLOU seems to have put together a good team who have a history of making great content. I guess we've entered a new age where gaming is bigger than ever, and the film industry has almost run out of creative ideas - I'm hearing possible tv adaptions for God of War and Gran Turismo... 

• Like 1

haven't played the games as i've never owned any kind of playstation. don't know if i'll check this out but I'm happy to see the recent trend of video game adaptations that don't completely suck.

another one I liked recently was Castlevania. Sonic and Detective Pikachu were pretty fun too.

It's probably too much to hope we'll ever get a Resident Evil adaptation that isn't dogshit, but I'd love to see that. But they've tried and failed so many times already with that franchise lol

7 hours ago, Roux said:

agree - very low bar. I liked some part of The Witcher - but they strayed too far past the source material, that it got silly. 

TLOU seems to have put together a good team who have a history of making great content. I guess we've entered a new age where gaming is bigger than ever, and the film industry has almost run out of creative ideas - I'm hearing possible tv adaptions for God of War and Gran Turismo... 

There’s already a brief trailer out for the Gran Turismo movie and some of the cast has already been announced.

I think the Mario movie is going to show studios how profitable video game adaptations can be (wouldn’t be surprised to see it in the top 3 grossing films this year) and we’ll see a flood of movies over the next few years. 

• Like 1