The Last Of Us

Scott.

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Walking Dead was so far removed from the comics from the get go and clearly became just a money maker, if they’ve been fairly faithful so far I would hope they’d take a different route.

I meant in the way that they keep it going well past it’s prime and don’t know how to end it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coightstanza said:

First episode to deviate quite a bit from the game! Must say I like the Bill from the game more but this was amazingly executed and worked far better for television. Slower episode but was great to get some backstory on these two characters. The bigots are going to run wild but fuck em.

Little worried about pacing though. 1/3 of the way through and there’s still so much to cover. Hope it doesn’t get rushed. 

My

memory isn’t great but this seems about right:

Spoiler

1 episode for the two black brothers 

1 episode for the damn and meeting Joel’s brother

1 episode for the university and giraffes

1-2 episodes for the snow showdown 

1 episode for the hospital/finale

Might have missed something though 

1 hour ago, Worst poster here said:

My

memory isn’t great but this seems about right:

Hide contents

1 episode for the two black brothers 

1 episode for the damn and meeting Joel’s brother

1 episode for the university and giraffes

1-2 episodes for the snow showdown 

1 episode for the hospital/finale

Might have missed something though 

Spoiler

Next week is only 50 minutes and the trailer doesn’t show Sam and Henry at all so they can’t be the main focus of the  episode.

There is also an episode that is likely to be solely or very largely about Ellie’s past which we played in the Left Behind dlc. Unless they just show flashbacks and get it over quickly.

They've also while with Tommy/ the Dam cover the part where Ellie fucks off on a horse and her and Joel have that big fight. They seem to be doing something different with Tommy though with him being missing so maybe they’ll be able to cover it.

I’m sure it’ll be fine. They’ve done so well so far I have a good feeling they won’t fuck it up. There is just still a lot of cover. Hopefully we get more feature length episodes.

I've been up til 2 am watching the first 3 episodes last night, Pedro Pascal is raging hot, but the show is also incredibly great, so it was a win win. 

I also heard there is a Fallout show coming out on Amazon this year and I'm really looking forward to it. And hopefully one day A Life Is Strange show comes to life 🙏🏻

• Like 1

Just watched the first episode. I don’t get the hype. I thought it was really boring and uninteresting besides the very beginning sequences set in 2003. 

Don’t mean to be a killjoy, but this is a played out genre and this doesn’t add anything to it for me besides fungus and Pedro Pascal.

6 hours ago, Ghunt said:

Just watched the first episode. I don’t get the hype. I thought it was really boring and uninteresting besides the very beginning sequences set in 2003. 

Don’t mean to be a killjoy, but this is a played out genre and this doesn’t add anything to it for me besides fungus and Pedro Pascal.

the pacing is definitely off, try up to ep.3 if you can - i thought ep. 3 was the best yet, it felt like a mini film. 

9 hours ago, Coightstanza said:

Are you looking for a zombie show or a show about people that features zombies?

I was just looking for a good show to watch. I'd prefer a people show featuring zombies but didn't go into it with expectations.

Almost turned it off I was so bored.

3 hours ago, Roux said:

the pacing is definitely off, try up to ep.3 if you can - i thought ep. 3 was the best yet, it felt like a mini film. 

But I thought people were shitting on Episode 3?

4 hours ago, Ghunt said:

I was just looking for a good show to watch. I'd prefer a people show featuring zombies but didn't go into it with expectations.

Almost turned it off I was so bored.

But I thought people were shitting on Episode 3?

First episode has to set things up I guess? Always going to be a bit slower while we’re being introduced to these characters. Ep 2 had more and then 3 was slow but amazing.

Only people shitting on Episode 3 are bigots. It’s really a great episode of tv.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

watched episode 1 because it's free and I don't have HBOmax. That was good, might have to resort to a life of crime to watch the rest.

was nice mooching off my dad's HBOmax to watch House of the Dragon but that's no longer an option for me currently lol

3 separate families are mooching off of mine; they’ll never take me alive!

• Haha 1