The Last Of Us

Scott.

1 hour ago, Roux said:

You really are petty when trying to have a debate aren't you? Our opinions are complaints now. Embarrassing. 

I’m not being petty at all. Calling something a plot hole isn’t an opinion it’s a complaint. Embarrassing.

Spoiler

1 - they show Henry and Sam earlier in the episode where Henry mentions he has studied their patterns and knows when to go. It would be redundant and filler for them to go over it again later with Joel. It’s not shown to be easy. They skip over it. For all we know it took 2 hours of constant hiding. Not a plot hole.

2- what do you mean by this one then? If you’re asking why they weren’t all dead. Fedra pushed them all underground then further out and rumour spread they killed them All. They didn’t.

4- Henry assumed the rumour of the infected being dead was true but understood there might be 1 or 2 stragglers and that’s why he needed Joel. This is explicitly mentioned. Henry’s gun had no bullets and what bodies is he stealing guns from?

5- yes  they snuck in between the patrols. It’s shown that not every inch of the city is under constant supervision and they have patrols. In between they snuck. Not a plot hole.

1 hour ago, Coightstanza said:

I’m not being petty at all. Calling something a plot hole isn’t an opinion it’s a complaint. Embarrassing.

Reveal hidden contents

1 - they show Henry and Sam earlier in the episode where Henry mentions he has studied their patterns and knows when to go. It would be redundant and filler for them to go over it again later with Joel. It’s not shown to be easy. They skip over it. For all we know it took 2 hours of constant hiding. Not a plot hole.

2- what do you mean by this one then? If you’re asking why they weren’t all dead. Fedra pushed them all underground then further out and rumour spread they killed them All. They didn’t.

4- Henry assumed the rumour of the infected being dead was true but understood there might be 1 or 2 stragglers and that’s why he needed Joel. This is explicitly mentioned. Henry’s gun had no bullets and what bodies is he stealing guns from?

5- yes  they snuck in between the patrols. It’s shown that not every inch of the city is under constant supervision and they have patrols. In between they snuck. Not a plot hole.

It’s an observation or inconsistency, not a complaint. Never even said it was a bad thing - lots of shows have them. Keep up. 

32 minutes ago, Roux said:

It’s an observation or inconsistency, not a complaint. Never even said it was a bad thing - lots of shows have them. Keep up. 

Maybe if you actually kept up with the show and payed attention you’d realise they’re incorrect observations and not worth complaining about.

6 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Maybe if you actually kept up with the show and payed attention you’d realise they’re incorrect observations and not worth complaining about.

I’ve watch it all. Others feel the same - but of course, you have to resort to belittling to make yourself feel big.

Interpretation is not incorrect. What you feel/interpret is not what others feel.
Sad that I have to explain this to you. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

I’ve watch it all. Others feel the same - but of course, you have to resort to belittling to make yourself feel big.

Interpretation is not incorrect. What you feel/interpret is not what others feel.
Sad that I have to explain this to you. 

Mate I provided straight up dialogue and scenes from the episode to explain away your “plot holes”. I don’t care that others weren’t paying attention either.

Trying to attack my character because you can’t refute my points is just sad so I’ll move on and let you go.

19 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Mate I provided straight up dialogue and scenes from the episode to explain away your “plot holes”. I don’t care that others weren’t paying attention either.

Trying to attack my character because you can’t refute my points is just sad so I’ll move on and let you go.

You provided your interpretation for scenes that didn’t happen.

I mean you’re asking where Henry could have got guns from. 

Spoiler

Hmm how about the 3 dead bodies carrying precious rifles that Joel literally killed in front of his face? 

Wouldn’t that seem like a logical thing to do in an apocalyptic world? but no - he’s scared of guns despite carrying one, not afraid to roll up on a gunman in a high rise while admitting to killing someone, then kills his brother and himself with a gun. Terrified of possible infected in the tunnel but waltzes in with jokes cos Joel has a rifle when they get there. Surely you can admit how some people might see holes in this base-level logic no? 

Get off you high horse and let people praise/interpret/critique the show how they want instead of this “bro, he played the game 10 years ago, he’s doesn’t remember it, he thinks there should be crafting lol” nonsense. Was a civil debate until you went here.

I’ll let you have the last word seeing as you couldn’t let it go last time. 

Episode was great. Could’ve used an extra 5 minutes at the university but

Spoiler

-Bella and Pedro are killing it.

-Joel’s breakdown to Tommy was great. A good change for his character in a much more grounded version of the story

-Joel and Ellie’s confrontation was done so well.

-the bonding after leaving Jackson was great

Game/future episode spoilers:

Spoiler

So many little shoutouts to pt2. Dina spying on Ellie. Baby shimmer. So good.

Also Joel getting stabbed as opposed to falling 15 metres onto a giant spike is so much more believable assuming he pulls through like he does in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Worst poster here said:

Good and faithful ending. My spouse who hasn’t played the games thought it was a bit underwhelming. It wasn’t that she thought the decisions made were bad or annoying, just that it wasn’t the most climactic ending. 

I pretty much agree with her. I liked the episode, but I expected it to be bigger.

Looking forward to next season.

• Like 1