The missed Blink album that’s never talked about

Worst poster here

We’ve already talked a lot about what the Blink album would have sounded like from the 2004 breakup, with Tom using some of the demos on AvA’s first album. 

How about Tom’s exit around the solo album? The closest Blink comparable is Dogs Eating Dogs, so mix how they sound there with Tom’s guitar riffs and vocals from the top half of his solo album. Where does that album land in their discography?

Obviously there's evidence that Golden Showers was for blink as far back as 2013, two years before it was released.

I think Suburban Kings, New World & Circle Jerk Pit were intended for blink. An Endless Summer sounds like it was for blink but it has a lot of AVA elements so that one is harder to tell.

I think the next blink album would've been massively different even if it included those songs, as I think the songs would've been kinda different too. Also gotta remember the two clips that Mark Hoppus showed on his Snapchat were for blink. They sounded just like +44.

17 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

I’m here to defend Animals. Could’ve been a dope blink song with Mark and Travis on it. Circle Jerk Pit too. I dunno. I don’t hate that demo for what it was, but I also never really listen to it either.

Yeah, agreed on Animals. I think the verses are great but the song gets ruined by all the AVA styled stuff in the chorus. Can tell Circle Jerk Pit was written with Mark in mind though. When the song slows down and Tom starts singing, I can't help but feel that part was specifically written for Mark to sing on haha

• Like 2

On 1/15/2023 at 4:23 AM, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, agreed on Animals. I think the verses are great but the song gets ruined by all the AVA styled stuff in the chorus. Can tell Circle Jerk Pit was written with Mark in mind though. When the song slows down and Tom starts singing, I can't help but feel that part was specifically written for Mark to sing on haha

You’re totally right about the song slowing down! I bet that would’ve been Mark’s verse.

• Like 1

I think I only listened to that demos album once, but I don't even really believe him that those were a bunch of Blink demos that he wanted to use on a new Blink album... They were awful and sounded like he wrote and recorded them all over a weekend in an attempt to save face and create a false narrative that he actually WAS committed and interested in the band.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I think I only listened to that demos album once, but I don't even really believe him that those were a bunch of Blink demos that he wanted to use on a new Blink album... They were awful and sounded like he wrote and recorded them all over a weekend in an attempt to save face and create a false narrative that he actually WAS committed and interested in the band.

In that case, Blink must've stolen his idea.

• Like 2

Another strange "lost album" - A few times in 2020 Feldmann talked up a new Blink album that obviously never got finished:

“The band has definitely been getting in touch with their roots. The songs we have been working on have been super classic Blink and I can’t be more excited. With Nine the band wanted to experiment with a bunch of different sounds and programming and push the envelope forwards. They didn’t just want to remake California, which I totally understand as artists, not wanting to just redo an album that was so successful for them.

Nine was a really experimental record and I’m really proud to have been a part of that album, I think with whatever is going to come next is definitely more roots for them."
-Feldmann in July 2020

"It's funny, I would consider Travis as, like, my best friend but yet I don't have an answer. I don't know if it's gonna be an EP or an album. I don't fucking know. That's the great thing... when I work with bands, obviously my role is to help, kind of, put songs together and maybe sometimes write, sometimes mix. But I don't know when the fuck things come out or what's gonna make it on the album. 

Ultimately, the bands make up that decision later in the process which, to be honest, can be really challenging especially when you're making albums with people and I get my heart attached to certain songs and then to know that sometimes they don't even ever come out. You're like, 'Fuck!'"
-Feldmann in December 2020

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

Another strange "lost album" - A few times in 2020 Feldmann talked up a new Blink album that obviously never got finished:

“The band has definitely been getting in touch with their roots. The songs we have been working on have been super classic Blink and I can’t be more excited. With Nine the band wanted to experiment with a bunch of different sounds and programming and push the envelope forwards. They didn’t just want to remake California, which I totally understand as artists, not wanting to just redo an album that was so successful for them.

Nine was a really experimental record and I’m really proud to have been a part of that album, I think with whatever is going to come next is definitely more roots for them."
-Feldmann in July 2020

"It's funny, I would consider Travis as, like, my best friend but yet I don't have an answer. I don't know if it's gonna be an EP or an album. I don't fucking know. That's the great thing... when I work with bands, obviously my role is to help, kind of, put songs together and maybe sometimes write, sometimes mix. But I don't know when the fuck things come out or what's gonna make it on the album. 

Ultimately, the bands make up that decision later in the process which, to be honest, can be really challenging especially when you're making albums with people and I get my heart attached to certain songs and then to know that sometimes they don't even ever come out. You're like, 'Fuck!'"
-Feldmann in December 2020

If I remember right, this was obviously when they put out the song "Quarantine" which Skiba wasn't involved in, and based on some of his comments at the time he didn't seem to be involved in whatever they were writing or working on with Feldmann either. So maybe there are some sad abandoned Mark/Travis/Feldmann demos floating around out there.

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

If I remember right, this was obviously when they put out the song "Quarantine" which Skiba wasn't involved in, and based on some of his comments at the time he didn't seem to be involved in whatever they were writing or working on with Feldmann either. So maybe there are some sad abandoned Mark/Travis/Feldmann demos floating around out there.

Wasn’t there an interview with one of them saying Matt was working from his studio in his home? He’ll probably just use that stuff for Alk3, if true.