Blink 182 - S.A. Tour cancellation (Confirmed)

darkxer0

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Is this actually a rumor or are you just personally worried it could happen?

there's a lot of panic on reddit right now and I saw that it's because these rumours come from a couple of south american music journalists who are supposed to be realiable people, but this is all I know, I didn't really follow the whole thing because I don't like the blink subreddit 

11 minutes ago, Elisa said:

there's a lot of panic on reddit right now and I saw that it's because these rumours come from a couple of south american music journalists who are supposed to be realiable people, but this is all I know, I didn't really follow the whole thing because I don't like the blink subreddit 

Hmm, that doesn't sound good. One or more members of blink must be scared to go there for security reasons or something irrational. They are way too big of a band to have never went down there, especially with the fans begging for it for 20 years now. Would be very shady of them to back out and would sour the whole Tom reunion thing for me.

Very few huge artists make their way to South America (which is why "COME TO BRAZIL" is seen in comments underneath just about every single successful band's tweets/pics/posts haha). I'm not exactly sure the reason, I'm sure @darkxer0 or our other South American posters can give some more info about that. Maybe there isn't the same kind of consistent big concert venue infrastructure in those countries, so the logistics keeps those huge artists from going there very often? But yeah, it's definitely not just a Blink thing.

I've been super stoked for all of those fans, they'll be fucking crushed if it gets cancelled.

44 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I dunno, I feel like most bands blink's size do some shows in SA every now and then. If Foo Fighters and RHCP can pull it off without issue, why can't blink?

Offspring, Green Day, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Paramore, have come here with no problem, there is no excuse for blink, the rumors are getting bigger, people already have tickets, have traveled, is too late to pull out, even with Mark, Skiba and Raynor show but they should come.

If El Concierto de Marcos, Tomás y Travis doesn´t happen i doubt they will ever come, producers and fans would be skeptical and sad.

People love them here, if its because of Travis injury, a replacement should be ok, or some drummer filling on some shows so Travis can rest.

• Like 2

I feel they are definitely getting cancelled. People were shaming others bringing it up in Mark’s discord and telling them to stop talking about it and Mark but in saying everyone be kind to each other you are free to discuss everything and anything blink in here and left without denying what everyone was talking about. A lot going on behind the scenes I’m sure. 

I'd assume it's due to Travis's injury. 

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Ok then hire a backup drummer and have Travis still come hang out on tour. He has drummed one armed before with +44. No excuse!

Dude drumming one armed is not ideal. He can’t do a lot of the shit he otherwise could. He’s older, most drummers wouldn’t do that shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I have to ask - is there any actual evidence of cancellations? Or are people just putting Travis's finger together with the lack of news/announcements and coming to that conclusion?

https://www.metropoles.com/colunas/leo-dias/exclusivo-blink-182-cancela-show-no-lollapalooza-brasil and other outlets reporting 

Edit:nvm about ticketmaster, just didn't show on the app.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I have to ask - is there any actual evidence of cancellations? Or are people just putting Travis's finger together with the lack of news/announcements and coming to that conclusion?

Just the rumours from these journalists people say are reliable. There’s a lot of talk among them apparently.

• Like 1

Maybe there were talks about cancelling the shows because of Travis and that's how the journalists got ahold of it, but just look at his IG stories, he's always up to something, he's exercising and the last time he posted about his finger was maybe last week? People are overreacting because blink going to South America is a big deal and they just want to see them, but maybe this rumor is just a rumor. 

It also looks like they're done with tour rehearsals, Mark is on a mini vacation and Tom is just unfazed as usual. 

• Like 1