Blink 182 - S.A. Tour cancellation (Confirmed)

darkxer0

22 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

if I was in SA, I would want to wait another year or two to see them with Travis vs seeing them now with a replacement.

dude this is Blink, trusting that you can wait another year or two for ANYTHING is insanity. That's part of why this feels like it would such a massive bummer. There's a sense that THIS COULD BE IT. I certainly don't feel like there's any guarantee they will still be together, let alone ready and willing to tour South America, in a year or two.

I'm not predicting another blow up or anything like that, they're just infamous for being all over the damn place at this point. Tom could be the Secretary of Space Relations by this time next year for all we know.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Coightstanza said:

There was no reason or excuse not to replace Travis for these shows. At all.

Agree. Giving these specific fans shows is more important than having the full lineup. Tom and Mark can work their magic for the South American fans while Travis heals, and then they can finally all be together again by the time they hit Mexico City.

• Like 2

No way these shows happen if they reschedule them.  Just scroll at the world tour dates, it is absolutely massive for a band that has members who openly talk about how they don't like touring. 

No way Tom is ready to go to Brazil after playing a million of these dates.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

So you’re once again demanding him to drum with one hand? #entitled 

Out of respect for legions of South Americans who have never gotten a chance to see their favorite band, yes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

No way these shows happen if they reschedule them.  Just scroll at the world tour dates, it is absolutely massive for a band that has members who openly talk about how they don't like touring. 

No way Tom is ready to go to Brazil after playing a million of these dates.

This tour is going to be a fucking disaster. It's way too big, way too long, way too expansive. They will hate each other by the end of it and be sick of blink-182.

I really wish they'd have just recorded an album in peace without this distraction. At this point we will be lucky if we even get the album.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I don't think there's anything nefarious going on, but I do think they should do the difficult thing and go on with these shows without Travis. It would suck and feel anticlimactic to do these first reunion shows without 1/3 of the band, but it's a much much better option than cancelling. 

You mean do the show with 2/3 of the band instead of 0/3 of the band?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Out of respect for legions of South Americans who have never gotten a chance to see their favorite band, yes.

You’re thinking about everyone except the band members and forgetting they are human. Nothing we say will change the outcome so I’m over this conversation. Go ahead and denounce blink if you want then!

• Like 1

Just now, Dress Up Jimmy said:

You’re thinking about everyone except the band members and forgetting they are human. Nothing we say will change the outcome so I’m over this conversation. Go ahead and denounce blink if you want then!

weren't you just shitting on the band like a month ago saying the album was never going to come out or something?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

You literally just said this morning that I would listen to two hours of blink farting and call it a masterpiece. Now I'm an entitled bitch and ready to denounce the band?

Get yourself together dude. It's a pinkie finger

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I don't think there's anything nefarious going on, but I do think they should do the difficult thing and go on with these shows without Travis. It would suck and feel anticlimactic to do these first reunion shows without 1/3 of the band, but it's a much much better option than cancelling. 

Yep. It’s still fun without Travis. I saw them 5 times without Travis when they came here. Every show was fucking great.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You literally just said this morning that I would listen to two hours of blink farting and call it a masterpiece. Now I'm an entitled bitch and ready to denounce the band?

Get yourself together dude. It's a pinkie finger

I said that yesterday actually. And I didn’t call you a bitch but you’re acting entitled aF. Do you realize how difficult it would be to drum a full blink show one handed?

I have a great idea that would satisfy everyone here and save the band money. Don’t even have a drummer, just use a backing track! Nobody here cares about actual live performances anyways..what’s one more backing track?

• Like 1