Blink 182 - S.A. Tour cancellation (Confirmed)

darkxer0

2 minutes ago, boxelder said:

feel like all of this is a massive overreaction. it says nothing about the current state of the band. it says nothing about the future of the expansive reunion tour. it's simply a few postponed (or worse, cancelled) gigs preceding the main outing. and while it is extremely unfortunate -- fans there have been waiting for years and years -- it is not like they will not be back. if flying is on the table for travis, you might see them pop up more than just this once. and the shows will go on -- i can almost guarantee they'll reschedule for next year, or the next. maybe they'll be festival slots, maybe not.

i do agree with the sentiment that perhaps travis might not have as many injuries if he didn't still play like he's 17. but i don't think they should play without him -- it is, after all, a reunion tour -- and i don't think he can even really play the songs with his injury.

while I actually kind of agree with you, like someone said earlier, who in the hell trusts that this band will survive this reunion?  I feel like every song/tour/show could be their last, or at least with Tom.  They don't really have the greatest track record lately, besides Skiba being a rock-solid member.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Dress Up Jimmy said:

Because I know he’s a vegan. I don’t know the verbiage in their contract. How’s that strange? One we know about, the other we don’t. Very simple 

But you only know a couple of surface-level things about his health. You don't have nearly enough information to make the conclusions you're drawing.

12 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

Aw you guys getting butthurt because I said his vegan diet doesn’t help his violent drumming? Are you guys really this obtuse? He is basically an athlete the way he drums, his diet doesn’t help him sustain that. End of discussion 

My friend in high school had an older sister who’s best friend had GIANT boobs. We used to call her Obtuse.

#speedofacts

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

But you only know a couple of surface-level things about his health. You don't have nearly enough information to make the conclusions you're drawing.

He is a vegan. He had to add more protein and meat to his diet to heal before, makes sense that he is currently lacking in protein. Not very hard to hypothesize. 

I don’t think there’s anything wrong internally with the band. It’s a shit injury that happened at a shit time. Sucks for the SA fans and fuck they need to learn to handle/deliver news better but the band is fine and they’ll play the rest of the tour fine.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Sorry we have empathy for the fans in South America.

Yeah I still don't get how we can be entitled or spoiled when we aren't the ones getting anything taken away from us here. Effects me zero

• Like 2

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

And where did you complete your medical education, Dr. Faplord?

Ok, so now it becomes this. I will ask you where you got your specific education anytime you comment on anything from here on out. The man admitted himself his diet wasn’t sufficient before, it’s obviously still not working. Dude needs to eat a big steak and make an Instagram post about how whack vegans are 

1 minute ago, Coightstanza said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong internally with the band. It’s a shit injury that happened at a shit time. Sucks for the SA fans and fuck they need to learn to handle/deliver news better but the band is fine and they’ll play the rest of the tour fine.

100%

4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

while I actually kind of agree with you, like someone said earlier, who in the hell trusts that this band will survive this reunion?  I feel like every song/tour/show could be their last, or at least with Tom.  They don't really have the greatest track record lately, besides Skiba being a rock-solid member.

there's no reason to believe anything will be wrong with the three by the end of the tour in '24. if anything, everything we've received so far -- while minuscule -- has suggested they're on better terms with each other than they have in years. mark wouldn't have made a joke like "fire tom every few years" last time around. they were walking on eggshells. that hasn't seemed to be the case so far.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Yeah I still don't get how we can be entitled or spoiled when we aren't the ones getting anything taken away from us here. Effects me zero

But yet zero empathy for a member of your so called favorite band who is injured and probably bummed as hell 

• Like 1

Just now, Ghent said:

Diddy is right, you gotta stop acting like you deserve for South Americans attend a Blink show.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

I wish they'd cancel the whole tour and just write music. $1000 tickets to see them beat themselves slowly into apathy and hate each other again? I just want tunes man

Hi, welcome to this side of the fence, friend. Can I offer you a cold beverage and some trolly fun?

3 minutes ago, Dress Up Jimmy said:

Ok, so now it becomes this. I will ask you where you got your specific education anytime you comment on anything from here on out. The man admitted himself his diet wasn’t sufficient before, it’s obviously still not working. Dude needs to eat a big steak and make an Instagram post about how whack vegans are 

So true. If Travis would just eat a steak, he could probably play all the South American shows.

all told, i do think the tour itinerary is a little too large, given their history, and i suppose the potential is there for exhaustion/frustration by its end. but people here are talking like that's a given. things have changed for all three -- their kids are all grown -- so the family commitments at home that clearly impacted tom in '05, or in '15 aren't as pressing. travis seems stoked to fly again, based on what we've heard. mark is always game, and they've been practicing more than in the past i feel like.

despite the obvious bummer of the likely postponement of S.A. shows, it seems like things are in a good place. everyone here is overreacting

• Like 1

Can’t believe I’ve just read 7 pages of Fap having no grasp on sarcasm whatsoever, fuck me. 

Also I think Travis is just being selfish, in fact it’s offensive to all other 9 fingered drummers that he even wants to heal, such a fascist.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I wish they'd cancel the whole tour and just write music. $1000 tickets to see them beat themselves slowly into apathy and hate each other again? I just want tunes man

Nah fuck that. The rest of the world ain’t USA. I didn’t have to pay $1000 for a ticket. I haven’t had the chance to see them 100’s of times over the years. They’ve been here once since 2004. Everybody deserves a chance to see them live.

• Like 1