Blink 182 - S.A. Tour cancellation (Confirmed)

darkxer0

6 minutes ago, boxelder said:

100%

there's no reason to believe anything will be wrong with the three by the end of the tour in '24. if anything, everything we've received so far -- while minuscule -- has suggested they're on better terms with each other than they have in years. mark wouldn't have made a joke like "fire tom every few years" last time around. they were walking on eggshells. that hasn't seemed to be the case so far.

I appreciate your optimism but we should do a wellness check after Tom has used blink to pimp a couple of movies/books, see where things are at that point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Its a me, Speedo said:

Hi, welcome to this side of the fence, friend. Can I offer you a cold beverage and some trolly fun?

I mean at this point I've seen them so many times I've lost track of the number of times I've seen them.

I would instantly agree to more blink albums over ever seeing them live again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Can’t believe I’ve just read 7 pages of Fap having no grasp on sarcasm whatsoever, fuck me. 

Also I think Travis is just being selfish, in fact it’s offensive to all other 9 fingered drummers that he even wants to heal, such a fascist.

Who was being sarcastic? Maybe one comment , yikes. The rest of this are people here being baby back bitches thinking blink owes them anything, or that we call the shots. Sorry to say, but blink is a business, and the owners of that business get to call the shots 

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

I appreciate your optimism but we should do a wellness check after Tom has used blink to pimp a couple of movies/books, see where things are at that point.

haha fair. he's fooled us once. this could theoretically be another scheme to fund TTS. i'll eat my words then if that's the case

• Like 1

Just now, Ghent said:

I mean at this point I've seen them so many times I've lost track of the number of times I've seen them.

I would instantly agree to more blink albums over ever seeing them live again

I’m still totally opposite. I could sleep very well at night without having ever heard edging or getting more generic bullshit. Rather have a fun night out at a show 

2 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Nah fuck that. The rest of the world ain’t USA. I didn’t have to pay $1000 for a ticket. I haven’t had the chance to see them 100’s of times over the years. They’ve been here once since 2004. Everybody deserves a chance to see them live.

Fair enough, but at least you've gotten to see them, unlike anyone in SA that couldn't travel to the states. Those poor bastards

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kibbles said:

I spent like $120 or something on two pit tickets for summerfest a few years ago which they cancelled, this time it was over $1000 for pit tickets for the same official seats. Ducking nuts 

The drummer from the Muppets standing in for Travis is better than wasting all that money.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ghent said:

Didn't you just say you saw them like 5 times lol

I said this reply before I saw your reply, ignore.

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Fair enough, but at least you've gotten to see them, unlike anyone in SA that couldn't travel to the states. Those poor bastards

I am lucky to have seen them at all. But I don’t want to never see them again. I’m saying not everyone has had the chance to see them so many times they don’t care anymore. I’ve never seen mark tom and Travis, had brooks in aus and skiba when I saw them in Germany.

I’ve been saying how shit this is for the SA fans this whole time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, boxelder said:

there's no reason to believe anything will be wrong with the three by the end of the tour in '24. if anything, everything we've received so far -- while minuscule -- has suggested they're on better terms with each other than they have in years. mark wouldn't have made a joke like "fire tom every few years" last time around. they were walking on eggshells. that hasn't seemed to be the case so far.

Yeah I'm fully with you. I don't think they're going to hate each other or fall apart. BUT, this tour is such a big deal BECAUSE it feels like an anomaly. Tom is suddenly sane again, they all fully get along again, it's incredible and heartwarming but it's definitely a little bit scary for fans! Haha.

They went almost 20 years being paranoid and/or hurt and/or totally insane and/or in grave danger from various ailments and accidents. It's a miracle that they're doing so well right now, but it feels very delicate haha. It makes me grateful for this album and tour, but it doesn't really make me confident that this is the new norm and they're going to be perpetually touring and making music together again like a normal band.

I get the sense that Ghent and Jar Jar are going the "sky is falling" cynical route because a lot of us shit on the Skiba era so often, and now they get to rain on this parade like we did during that time haha.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Its a me, Speedo said:

Blink from ‘98 would have hired a couple of midgets to fill in on drums and the show would have been legendary. This woke shit has gotten out of hand.

They could hire a midget to only drum Travis' injured hands parts. That would be sick and everyone knows it

• Like 1

Just now, Champ182 said:

I get the sense that Ghent and Jar Jar are going the "sky is falling" cynical route because a lot of us shit on the Skiba era so often, and now they get to rain on this parade like we did during that time haha.

Way off base here for me. I wanted Tom back and always said as much. I've actually not been posting in this section for months because I trusted things were on track and they were being responsible again.

I want them to succeed with Tom and have no special loyalty to Matt Skiba

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

doesn't have anything to do with everyone else, all solely because I don't trust this band. 

Ever since the recording of Untitled with the rented houses they have missed deadlines, broken up, reunited, missed more deadlines, cancelled shows etc etc.  IMO you'd be naive to believe that everything is going to work out at this point, it's more likely eventually something will fall apart and we'll be right back at square one.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Ghent said:

Way off base here for me. I wanted Tom back and always said as much. I've actually not been posting in this section for months because I trusted things were on track and they were being responsible again.

I want them to succeed with Tom and have no special loyalty to Matt Skiba

To be fair to them, I doubt they have much say in pr for any of this and they very well could behind the scenes trying to sort shit. I’m sure the announcement tomorrow will be it’s canceled but I don’t actually think they sat on their hands and don’t give a shit. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Yeah I'm fully with you. I don't think they're going to hate each other or fall apart. BUT, this tour is such a big deal BECAUSE it feels like an anomaly. Tom is suddenly sane again, they all fully get along again, it's incredible and heartwarming but it's definitely a little bit scary for fans! Haha.

They went almost 20 years being paranoid and/or hurt and/or totally insane and/or in grave danger from various ailments and accidents. It's a miracle that they're doing so well right now, but it feels very delicate haha. It makes me grateful for this album and tour, but it doesn't really make me confident that this is the new norm and they're going to be perpetually touring and making music together again like a normal band.

The dude is asking for you to send him alien DNA 

• Haha 4