Blink 182 - S.A. Tour cancellation (Confirmed)

darkxer0

I’m going to take them at their word about how hurt Travis is and how unable to play he is. My issue is that their mindset is that they know what the fans want. I agree with the opinion that the fans down there would prefer Travis on cowbell vs waiting another year. As for “a replacement drummer isn’t what this tour is about” again, get a pulse on the fans. Maybe it wouldn’t be what the band had planned as a comeback, but things don’t always work out as planned. Just play shows for these damn people. 

Or at least fake like you give a shit for them when you cancel. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, OliverisGeorgeSantos said:

I’m going to take them at their word about how hurt Travis is and how unable to play he is. My issue is that their mindset is that they know what the fans want. I agree with the opinion that the fans down there would prefer Travis on cowbell vs waiting another year. As for “a replacement drummer isn’t what this tour is about” again, get a pulse on the fans. Maybe it wouldn’t be what the band had planned as a comeback, but things don’t always work out as planned. Just play shows for these damn people. 

Or at least fake like you give a shit for them when you cancel. 

I mean it would suck pretty hard that for their return to the classic lineup starts with a tour that isn't the full classic lineup, I definitely get that. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I mean it would suck pretty hard that for their return to the classic lineup starts with a tour that isn't the full classic lineup, I definitely get that. 

Which is exactly why Travis should have swallowed his pride and played the cowbell/tambourine/triangle to accompany another drummer.

• Like 2

On the face of it, seems like a wise decision to cancel. Drummer injured, etc. But when you consider that this is the opening tour for a highly anticipated reunion with huge excitement and pent up demand......I think accommodations should have been made to continue on.

And the way they handle stuff reeks of piss poor management/they don't give a shit. Like seriously, tours worth tens of millions and management that they pay $5 for? Is it that hard to release an official statement?

• Like 3

I agree, no Travis, no party (personal tastes aside). I mean, it looks like this time they are really trying to do things together, in a proper way, avoiding past's mistakes, so cancelling this leg of their tour due to Travis injury is correct. The problem I have is that I miss a full band statement, a real and honest one, fronted by Travis himself, ASAP.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, M!ke said:

46 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Which is exactly why Travis should have swallowed his pride and played the cowbell/tambourine/triangle to accompany another drummer.

It’s all a moot point by now but yeah I could imagine a scenario where they got someone to fill in for the set and then brought Travis onstage at each show for a one handed drumming stunt or something, to fulfill the grand reunion part of it all. Hell, bring him out with a mic and have the 3 of them bullshit for five minutes about old times or make fun of Travis for focusing too much on foreplay with his famous wife too often, whatever!

It’s true that THESE THREE guys are uniquely important and people want to see them all together, even in comparison to other famous bands who reunite. You can’t just take one out. But I think they could’ve given those fans some kind of  cool Mark Tom and Travis experience, even with a sub drummer playing the actual songs.

• Like 1

feel like I've posted this a few times...but why couldn't he just play one-handed like he's done before?

Yes, +44 songs are easier, so dumb-down the blink songs, who cares?  I'm sure the fans would take a simplified Travis over no Travis at all.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I agree, no Travis, no party (personal tastes aside). I mean, it looks like this time they are really trying to do things together, in a proper way, avoiding past's mistakes, so cancelling this leg of their tour due to Travis injury is correct. The problem I have is that I miss a full band statement, a real and honest one, fronted by Travis himself, ASAP.

Mark said whoopsiedoodle what more could you possibly ask for?

• Haha 1

The truth is, this could've been a great opportunity to actually highlight their relationship.

If they'd brought Travis along to jokingly do a shaker on some songs then yeah it would've been funny and he would have been there... but imagine if they'd given him a mic? Had him talk with Mark and Tom? Have him sing one of the joke songs? (would've been hysterical).

He could've been at the front of the stage, showing all 3 together, for their first time in SA. 

Just a thought. What a waste of an opportunity. 

• Like 6
  • Crab 1

7 minutes ago, Kay said:

The truth is, this could've been a great opportunity to actually highlight their relationship.

If they'd brought Travis along to jokingly do a shaker on some songs then yeah it would've been funny and he would have been there... but imagine if they'd given him a mic? Had him talk with Mark and Tom? Have him sing one of the joke songs? (would've been hysterical).

He could've been at the front of the stage, showing all 3 together, for their first time in SA. 

Yep, and they still could have returned next year or whenever and promised to play with the three of them. We're talking like a 8 hour flight out of Miami

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Release Some Shit said:

1. They definitely still could have done the shows, one way or another. Feels they weren't ready for it. Whether it the travel, the music, etc, seems too convenient. 

2. More disappointed we hear nothing for months, and then this is all we hear, instead of music, no album news or anything

It’s obvious they want to do the shows with the 3 of them, not with a replacement 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kay said:

Sorry but no 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

3 hours ago, Kay said:

You really need to learn about sarcasm my guy. Ghent doesn’t actually think Travis should amputate his finger while we’re at it.

Never said he believed that. But he clearly believed he should play one handed, which is what I was talking about the other day as being unfair. So spare your sarcasm comments because the issues I made a deal of, there was no sarcasm to be had 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

feel like I've posted this a few times...but why couldn't he just play one-handed like he's done before?

Yes, +44 songs are easier, so dumb-down the blink songs, who cares?  I'm sure the fans would take a simplified Travis over no Travis at all.

Unfair to expect this. If he hadnt done it 18 years ago, you’d never hold him to the fire like this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

As Laura said, anyone can make the racket back there. People are paying for the celebrity appearance with Travis

No, people want to see Travis drum, not fuck around on a microphone or whatever stupid proposal you guys have come up with 

• Like 1

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

but the problem is that he has?

Get over it, that wasn’t for blink-182 , and he was much younger. He’d have a hell of a lot more practicing and learning to do if he had to do this one handed, and who’s to say Tom and Mark would even be available enough to practice with him like that? 

• Like 1