Blink 182 - S.A. Tour cancellation (Confirmed)

darkxer0

3 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I think it's time to bring my mental whiteboard, where I'm keeping score on Tom's redemption arc vs. the band, to life. Give me a minute. 

If you need someone to photoshop a visual for your findings holla at me

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

If you need someone to photoshop a visual for your findings holla at me

I don't know how it's going to come out if I type it here and press enter. I wish there was a way to see a preview before posting haha

I'll try though, if it sucks I'll run to you haha 

• Love 1

October 2022: The band has an advantage of 6 points on Tom; he's back but he has zero points because of his antics

Tom          blink-182                  
                 |  |  |  |  |  |

End of October 2022: Tom gets one point because he's not just on the hype train, he's driving it 

Tom          blink-182
 |               |  |  |  |  |  |

Winter 2022/2023: the band is quietly working on the album, one more point to Tom for the effort of driving to LA and spending a big part of the week there to work (considering that going to LA for all blink related matters has been his personal nightmare since 2004)

Tom          blink-182
 |  |              |  |  |  |  |  |

March 2023: the band loses two big points for how they handle the South America situation. Tom gets half a point for making a video and sounding sincere.

Tom          blink-182
 |  |  '             |  |  |  |  

To be continued... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Winter 2022/2023: the band is quietly working on the album, one more point to Tom for the effort of driving to LA and spending a big part of the week there to work (considering that going to LA for all blink related matters has been his personal nightmare since 2004)

even though this is correct, what a pathetic "point" in the redemption arc lmao

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

even though this is correct, what a pathetic "point" in the redemption arc lmao

Don't worry, he's going to lose that point when the tour starts and he has to sing First Date 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

feel like I've posted this a few times...but why couldn't he just play one-handed like he's done before?

Yes, +44 songs are easier, so dumb-down the blink songs, who cares?  I'm sure the fans would take a simplified Travis over no Travis at all.

Imagine the 5 Diddy's/Olivers of the world getting upset they are dumbing down the blink drums because of Travis' finger. 

Yes this makes sense.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Release Some Shit said:

Imagine the 5 Diddy's/Olivers of the world getting upset they are dumbing down the blink drums because of Travis' finger. 

Yes this makes sense.

Like I said genius, they obviously want to play together, the 3 of them. And Travis doesn’t have to play with a broken finger. He needs time to heal, as you would want for yourself. Tom didn’t come back to play First Date with a random drummer either, he came back to play it with his brothers. You guys seriously act so entitled and it’s gross. They have a right to control the product they put out, and looks like they agree with me , so your thoughts and opinions can get bent 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Crab 1
  • Pickle 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Grill said:

No, people want to see Travis drum, not fuck around on a microphone or whatever stupid proposal you guys have come up with 

I would generously estimate that 1% of the crowd care enough about seeing Travis- and Travis alone- drum that they'd rather they cancel this year than make alternate arrangements and still play.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I would generously estimate that 1% of the crowd care enough about seeing Travis- and Travis alone- drum that they'd rather they cancel this year than make alternate arrangements and still play.

Sorry but your guesstimate is delusional and you’re letting your own feelings get in the way of being reasonable. Sure, only 1% of fans care about seeing the most talented and most famous member of the band….great take. You act like this isn’t a greatest hits crowd, and instead a full crowd of Davey Joneses 

• Crab 1
  • Pickle 1

Just now, Dr. Grill said:

Sorry but your guesstimate is delusional and you’re letting your own feelings get in the way of being reasonable. Sure, only 1% of fans care about seeing the most talented and most famous member of the band….great take. You act like this isn’t a greatest hits crowd, and instead a full crowd of Davey Joneses 

I'm not saying they wouldn't love to see Travis play, I'm saying cancelling the shows would be most fans' absolute last choice and they'd almost definitely prefer one of the many alternatives we've suggested.

It's because it's mostly a greatest hits crowd that I think they wouldn't care that much about how much drumming Travis actually does. It would only be huge fanboys and drum nerds who'd rather see them cancel than make other plans.

And don't act like you're not also incredibly biased here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

feel like I've posted this a few times...but why couldn't he just play one-handed like he's done before?

Yes, +44 songs are easier, so dumb-down the blink songs, who cares?  I'm sure the fans would take a simplified Travis over no Travis at all.

Probably because when he did that, he had more time to practice and get 1 armed drumming down before that tour. I'm sure if he broke his finger only a few weeks earlier that could have been a very real possibility again this time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I'm not saying they wouldn't love to see Travis play, I'm saying cancelling the shows would be most fans' absolute last choice and they'd almost definitely prefer one of the many alternatives we've suggested.

It's because it's mostly a greatest hits crowd that I think they wouldn't care that much about how much drumming Travis actually does. It would only be huge fanboys and drum nerds who'd rather see them cancel than make other plans.

And don't act like you're not also incredibly biased here.

I’m sorry, slowed down to read your comment again and I do get your point as far as they’d rather see that OVER cancelling. I dunno, it’s a shitty situation. I just feel Travis deserves to heal 100% before they embark on a full 2 year tour, and it doesn’t seem Mark and Tom want to play with anyone else, which is also fair. Even if Travis was playing one handed, that finger and hand will still be flailing violently which isn’t conducive to him healing. It’s like sticking an injured quarterback in the lineup, you put them out there hurt before they’re healed and they’re going to remain hurt the entire season, or get injured worse. Let the man heal. I do feel horrible for the SA fans 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Grill said:

I’m sorry, slowed down to read your comment again and I do get your point as far as they’d rather see that OVER cancelling. I dunno, it’s a shitty situation. I just feel Travis deserves to heal 100% before they embark on a full 2 year tour, and it doesn’t seem Mark and Tom want to play with anyone else, which is also fair. Even if Travis was playing one handed, that finger and hand will still be flailing violently which isn’t conducive to him healing. It’s like sticking an injured quarterback in the lineup, you put them out there hurt before they’re healed and they’re going to remain hurt the entire season, or get injured worse. Let the man heal. I do feel horrible for the SA fans 

Pat Mahomes MVP on fucked up ankle, just sayin'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Crab 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Grill said:

I agree that Travis shouldn't do anything that would risk further injury and jeopardize the rest of the tour. He should only do what's safe for him, but they should still play and he should still go and do what's possible, even if it's something like one of the sillier suggestions we've made. They absolutely had enough time to start rehearsing with a replacement, even if they "didn't want to." If Travis literally cannot drum at all, they should have still played these shows with a promise to return in a year or two.

They wouldn't have done this years ago because they were more driven and probably had more respect for their fans back then. This cancellation is entitled rock star bullshit.

• Like 1