Blink 182 - S.A. Tour cancellation (Confirmed)

darkxer0

7 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I agree that Travis shouldn't do anything that would risk further injury and jeopardize the rest of the tour. He should only do what's safe for him, but they should still play and he should still go and do what's possible, even if it's something like one of the sillier suggestions we've made. They absolutely had enough time to start rehearsing with a replacement, even if they "didn't want to." If Travis literally cannot drum at all, they should have still played these shows with a promise to return in a year or two.

They wouldn't have done this years ago because they were more driven and probably had more respect for their fans back then. This cancellation is entitled rock star bullshit.

Yea I can see how people feel that way. Mark’s video was weak, I’ll say that lol and Travis should have addressed it too. 

• Like 3

i think while this could’ve been handled better and more clearly, this is the only right outcome at this time. why would they want SA fans first time seeing the band be with a replacement, or travis with a shaker, or travis one handed dumbing down the songs? it just doesn’t make sense. and travis is a huge star, he’s part of the reason many casuals continue to listen and discover the band. if he isn’t there, it doesn’t make sense. given that it’s their first shows since the pandemic (!), and first with tom in nine years, why start it out with a whimper? reschedule, refund, and move on to the next leg of the tour. it’s not like they canceled outright. instead of a triumphant opening the tour, it’ll be a triumphant conclusion in ‘24. you can fault the band for their typical lack of communication or mark’s pithy video, but this was absolutely the right call for them to make. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, boxelder said:

reschedule, refund, and move on to the next leg of the tour. it’s not like they canceled outright.

This is one of the biggest issues. Many of the dates are festival shows and fans can't get refunds because the festivals are still going ahead. Not to mention all the fans that made travel plans, which they may not be able to get refunds for.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

This is one of the biggest issues. Many of the dates are festival shows and fans can't get refunds because the festivals are still going ahead. Not to mention all the fans that made travel plans, which they may not be able to get refunds for.

Perhaps I'm incredibly naive as I've never attempted to do so, but can't you cancel your own music festival tickets ahead of time and get a refund?  If not, I really feel like that should be an option at this point. 

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

Perhaps I'm incredibly naive as I've never attempted to do so, but can't you cancel your own music festival tickets ahead of time and get a refund?  If not, I really feel like that should be an option at this point. 

I'm not aware of any concert or festival that allows you to cancel tickets to get a refund, but maybe?

• Like 1

On some festivals there are no refunds, we got Twenty one Pilots instead apparently. People already paid travels, logistic, some people came from all over the world to see their favourite band in their homeland, its a huge dissapoinment. They should name the new album "We love you South America" in return

The feeling here is we would`ve still love blink with another drummer and Travis just hanging around, sitting on a chair, come on, we know there is no warranty they will come next year, we hope so though.

A lot of people are aware of Travis playing with an injury before so many of them expected for him to come and play as in the +44 video.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I know I'm a downer but I still don't see them directly after this gigantic tour (with way too many dates) hopping on a plane and flying to SA for another big grouping of shows. 

Hopefully they prove me wrong.

yup, those shows are never going to happen.

i don' think travis should go play these shows one handed. he is injured, his whole career rely on his finger to heal in a good way. it's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

i^m pretty sure though none of the SA fans would rather have no show at all than a show without travis on the drums. it's up to them to make the decision they made, but i think it's a poor one.

mark's video was a joke, travis finds it more important to post his wife sucking on his finger than to address the situation.

tom is insane, but mark and travis are just entitled twats, good things ahead

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I know I'm a downer but I still don't see them directly after this gigantic tour (with way too many dates) hopping on a plane and flying to SA for another big grouping of shows. 

Yeah my feelings exactly. 

17 hours ago, Release Some Shit said:

Found Mark's 

It definitely is like he woke up from a nap. But do think he just didn't know what to say about it/stressed and being PC

Fuck me the reddit comments, the blink subreddits are such dick riders 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I still say any dates that require flying are in jeopardy until proven otherwise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Fuck off cunts they’re coming here stop trying to ruin it for me.

I don't know why everyone is so sure blink won't go to South America. It's like saying that they're not going to Australia/NZ either because they'll be too tired after Europe.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I don't know why everyone is so sure blink won't go to South America. It's like saying that they're not going to Australia/NZ either because they'll be too tired after Europe.  

people here make stories where there are none, and get angry about possible future events

• Like 3