Blink 182 - S.A. Tour cancellation (Confirmed)

darkxer0

7 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I don't know why everyone is so sure blink won't go to South America. It's like saying that they're not going to Australia/NZ either because they'll be too tired after Europe.  

Exactly. I think everyone’s minds are kinda stuck in 2004/5 and think Tom is gonna bail cause he needs to be with kids/family. Except it’s 2023, his kids are grown up and he’s got a new wife. Things are different.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coightstanza said:

Exactly. I think everyone’s minds are kinda stuck in 2004/5 and think Tom is gonna bail cause he needs to be with kids/family. Except it’s 2023, his kids are grown up and he’s got a new wife. Things are different.

replace kids/family with TTS scams, movies, and more "UFO" sightings.  This band has been a dysfunctional mess with Tom ever since Untitled, I'm just going off of recent evidence. 

I hope it's different, but I'm not gonna get burned thinking blink-land is a utopia all of a sudden.

• Like 1

I think the only thing we should be mad at right now is just that the fans from South America are not getting a refund and a lot of them won't be able to afford another trip to Brazil, Argentina, Chile etc. next year. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

replace kids/family with TTS scams, movies, and more "UFO" sightings.  This band has been a dysfunctional mess with Tom ever since Untitled, I'm just going off of recent evidence. 

I hope it's different, but I'm not gonna get burned thinking blink-land is a utopia all of a sudden.

I don’t see what TTS has coming that could derail anything though. Monsters of California is already filmed, the UFO shit is out there and getting talked about by media etc. Outside of a new book which would be 99% written by some other bloke, TTS is mainly just a mercy store these days.

When the band broke up last time, Mark said Tom was only into it when they were touring and would quickly lose interest once they were back. This time he’s been the captain of the hyper train the whole time.

I get being cautious. We’ve all been hurt before but it really does have a different vibe this time around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Well Travis hasn't flown for a blink show since 2005 so I don't think it's a stretch to be careful with expectations

If kourtney can get him on a plane to get hitched I have little doubt she can get him on another for blink shows.

5 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

If kourtney can get him on a plane to get hitched I have little doubt she can get him on another for blink shows.

Why do you think she cares that much about Travis being able to do the whole tour though? I'm sure she wants a little touring/concert footage for the show, but that's nothing they can't get in the US.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Why do you think she cares that much about Travis being able to do the whole tour though? I'm sure she wants a little touring/concert footage for the show, but that's nothing they can't get in the US.

Why get married in Italy and not the US? I assume that since they got married she actually cares about him and wants to see him overcome his fears and do what he loves all over the world. I don’t believe their entire relationship is just a business opportunity poking for footage for the show.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

Why get married in Italy and not the US? I assume that since they got married she actually cares about him and wants to see him overcome his fears and do what he loves all over the world. I don’t believe their entire relationship is just a business opportunity poking for footage for the show.

I don't think their relationship is fake, but maybe they got married in Italy because she really wanted to. I'm sure she cares a lot more about her own wedding than she does about blink's international dates.

18 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I don't think their relationship is fake, but maybe they got married in Italy because she really wanted to. I'm sure she cares a lot more about her own wedding than she does about blink's international dates.

I’m sure she does but I don’t think her only reasons for getting Travis to fly again were for selfish reasons. I know the Kardashians aren’t the shining beacon of selflessness but I do think it would be important to her to support and help her husband overcome his fears and be able to successfully do the things that matter most to him all over the world.

11 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Gotta imagine if they aren't rehearsing again a month from now or even Mid April chances are the US tour gets postponed too. 

I would be absolutely flabbergasted if this kicks off unchanged tbh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I would be absolutely flabbergasted if this kicks off unchanged tbh

Same, i hope if they postpone it they give us fair warning instead of like a week before. I got tickets for what's now supposed to be the first show so i'd like to rebook hotel as soon as possible. 

I assume that the us tour is already postponed internally in their camp and that’s why they’re not really talking. Marks probably really pissed off because he was trying to do everything right (not talking to the press until it was time, setting expectations) so they wouldn’t be a laughing stock meme like the last reunion.

And they’re probably delaying the album rollout too even if it’s done

5 hours ago, boxelder said:

i think while this could’ve been handled better and more clearly, this is the only right outcome at this time. why would they want SA fans first time seeing the band be with a replacement, or travis with a shaker, or travis one handed dumbing down the songs? it just doesn’t make sense. and travis is a huge star, he’s part of the reason many casuals continue to listen and discover the band. if he isn’t there, it doesn’t make sense. given that it’s their first shows since the pandemic (!), and first with tom in nine years, why start it out with a whimper? reschedule, refund, and move on to the next leg of the tour. it’s not like they canceled outright. instead of a triumphant opening the tour, it’ll be a triumphant conclusion in ‘24. you can fault the band for their typical lack of communication or mark’s pithy video, but this was absolutely the right call for them to make. 

When I said this I got crabbed lol 

• Crab 4
  • Pickle 1

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

I don't know why everyone is so sure blink won't go to South America. It's like saying that they're not going to Australia/NZ either because they'll be too tired after Europe.  

Yeah I do feel like people are way too doom and gloom over this. I mean I don't live in South America, so I really don't personally care. But I'm not seeing any genuine indication to suggest they won't make up this leg of the tour next year. 

• Like 3