Blink 182 - S.A. Tour cancellation (Confirmed)

darkxer0

Just now, NotNow said:

Duh, but there’s a thing called publicity. I don’t give a shit but a publicist would probably be rolling in their grave at the look.

So he’s supposed to not go do anything in the meantime? Just hole up in his room out of fear that fans who can’t get a grasp will accuse him of being out instead of playing shows? “Oh no! He went grocery shopping! Wtf! He’s supposed to be playing shows with that broken finger!”

• Like 1

I don’t agree with Ghent that the shows could have been played. I just don’t think the band has come off as gracious and humble in cancelling these shows except Tom (which is the one time he’s the one that handled something well). This band to me now has an air of we’re the goats and reality starness to it that has turned me off and is the opposite of what made the band special in the first place. I said in a previous post recently blink was cringe to like in the early 2000s when being emo was made fun of, then they became the cool act in 2009 capitalizing on realizing how good their small catalogue was and doing that huge reunion tour this was really the peak of the band’s history in riding high and acclaim, then since Tom left they’ve slowly dwindled back into being a cringy legacy act.

Hope the album is good and has the signature blink sound that no other pop punk artist could possibly replicate like Travis has been doing the last five years otherwise I think they should have just done a limited goodbye tour with Tom and been done with it.

Also the first shows of the tour is where all the hype is going to be with Tom back after 8 years. Over a year from now the band is going to be tired and all of the wind is going to be out of the sail if they release the album by summer. I’m sure SA will still be ecstatic but it’s not like it’s a 1:1 trade off to be playing them a year later in level of excitement.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Dr. Grill said:

So he’s supposed to not go do anything in the meantime? Just hole up in his room out of fear that fans who can’t get a grasp will accuse him of being out instead of playing shows? “Oh no! He went grocery shopping! Wtf! He’s supposed to be playing shows with that broken finger!”

There’s a difference between being a hermit during recovery and waiting more than three days post surgery to go on a trip to Las Vegas to a major event. Can’t take one weekend off to rest? I was out longer not wanting to leave the house from getting my wisdom teeth out. If he’s fine enough to go do this great that’s awesome, doesn’t change the fact how it diminishes how serious it looks from the way they hammed it up.

All they had to say is unfortunately I have to get this procedure done before I can play drums again so we have to postpone these shows. Sucks but the way it is. This is a torn ligament which can do permanent damage if I try to use it versus had I broken a bone, but recovery should be really minor and hope to be ready for the US shows. Instead we got this and a prayer circle:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpVrQXlP-Cm/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NotNow said:

There’s a difference between being a hermit during recovery and waiting more than three days post surgery to go on a trip to Las Vegas to a major event. Can’t take one weekend off to rest? I was out longer not wanting to leave the house from getting my wisdom teeth out. If he’s fine enough to go do this great that’s awesome, doesn’t change the fact how it diminishes how serious it looks from the way they hammed it up.

All they had to say is unfortunately I have to get this procedure done before I can play drums again so we have to postpone these shows. Sucks but the way it is. This is a torn ligament which can do permanent damage if I try to use it versus had I broken a bone, but recovery should be really minor and hope to be ready for the US shows. Instead we got this and a prayer circle:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpVrQXlP-Cm/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Again, his surgery doesn’t affect his ability to travel to Las Vegas and watch a fight. It affects his ability to play drums though. So again, I’m asking, he’s supposed to not do shit just because people like you will make unfair comparisons?

12 minutes ago, Jane said:

It's just kind of...tasteless.

Riiiiight….stay at home Travis and don’t do anything! Don’t make any appearances or have any fun! You can’t play the drums because your finger is broken so you’re grounded! Makes a lot of sense 

31 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

All he had to do was chill for a week and it would be less insulting. I’m sure he could find something to entertain himself for during that time in his multi million dollar mansion.

False. Doesn’t matter if it was two weeks or a month, people here would still bitching and crying 

Travis gives zero fucks they cancelled SA, or if they have to cancel shows, let's be honest.  No surprise or anything, but he has got to be one of the most jaded guys out there.

Probably not a secret Mark & Tom need that money more than he does as well performing all of their shows.

• Like 2