Blink 182 - S.A. Tour cancellation (Confirmed)

darkxer0

7 hours ago, Dr. Grill said:

False. Doesn’t matter if it was two weeks or a month, people here would still bitching and crying 

I’m probably the biggest blink simp in the world dude. If there was any plausible defense here I would be all over it. It’s a fucking finger. Find a way to play the shows.

If these were random US dates I wouldn’t give a single fuck. But these are fans who have been begging for blink to come for over 20 years.

A prayer circle and graphic surgery images and then you’re hanging out in Vegas watching fights 2 days later.l? Cmon dude. Play the tambourine or something. Bailing from these shows was a trash move.

• Like 3

I mean, I think the idea is that he can travel and be in crowds and what not, but can't travel to S.A. because his finger? Seems like a lot of mental gymnastics to defend an obvious cop out.  Can easily still be there and support the band/fans, make an appearance, etc in other ways.  People would still be bummed he couldn't fully use his hand but would definitely not be mad at him and they'd still get paid. 

They scheduled these shows.. not us. 

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

I’m probably the biggest blink simp in the world dude. If there was any plausible defense here I would be all over it. It’s a fucking finger. Find a way to play the shows.

If these were random US dates I wouldn’t give a single fuck. But these are fans who have been begging for blink to come for over 20 years.

A prayer circle and graphic surgery images and then you’re hanging out in Vegas watching fights 2 days later.l? Cmon dude. Play the tambourine or something. Bailing from these shows was a trash move.

Bruh I’m not gonna say Travis inst a douche bag. He is. Lol. Used to love him. But he shouldn’t be held to the fire here 

1 hour ago, Dr. Grill said:

Bruh I’m not gonna say Travis inst a douche bag. He is. Lol. Used to love him. But he shouldn’t be held to the fire here 

You guys will find an excuse for everything. If Travis has trauma from flying or even is just a hypochondriac about his finger, that's fine, understandable.

The issue is they booked all these shows, took money from people, and is skating by accountability acting this way through social media..

How busy can one person be to just address something and not post a bunch of silly videos on IG.

• Like 5

You don’t fuck up with South America. That’s once in a lifetime shit. I get not being able to play/ postponing as long as the shows are fulfilled. But yeah, could act like an adult and show some decorum. However - this is the same man that baby talks his gal all day and then uploads photos of their clothes strewn across the floor after sex. He’s a man-child. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Dr. Grill said:

Riiiiight….stay at home Travis and don’t do anything! Don’t make any appearances or have any fun! You can’t play the drums because your finger is broken so you’re grounded! Makes a lot of sense 

considering the circumstances this really looks bad, he’s handling all of this super poorly. Just shows he does give zero fs. 

• Like 3

He can't play so there is nothing we can do about it, but he's also the same person who got into a fight on twitter with that Australian promoter 10 years ago because he wanted to get paid in full for those Australian shows he couldn't attend.
He would have never settled for playing a tambourine and let another drummer replace him. And it sounds like Mark and Tom didn't want that either because Mark said this tour is about the three of them, so they would have never hired Brooks or another drummer.

It's either Travis or no shows at all. What's absolutely shitty is that they didn't acknowledge the fact that the fans have to pay twice in order to see them next year.

Minimum wage per month in Brazil: R$1200
Blink-182/Lollapalooza Brazil tickets: R$1300

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

You know, they could have easily turned the UFC match PR blunder into an opportunity if they had gotten Kourtney to push Travis around in a wheelchair.

Give him a sickly cough!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Bagel said:

You don’t fuck up with South America. That’s once in a lifetime shit. I get not being able to play/ postponing as long as the shows are fulfilled. But yeah, could act like an adult and show some decorum. However - this is the same man that baby talks his gal all day and then uploads photos of their clothes strewn across the floor after sex. He’s a man-child. 

Nonsense, South American bands play South America all the time. Get it together, Bagel.

• Haha 1

Yeah I don't expect him to go into hiding or anything like that, it's fine if he's out and about doing non-drumming things. The part that rubs people the wrong way is that he's just skipping the "difficult" part, which is even acknowledging that anything shitty happened...

Tom gave a nice message to fans, Mark gave a message to fans, Travis promoted his shitty proteges on insta and went to a UFC fight. That sucks!

It's not really about wanting him to grovel or stay out of the limelight, it's about wanting him to give a little love and respect to the people.

• Like 2

It's really a shame that their well-laid plans have gotten so fucked up. I don't believe for a second that they were hesitant or already had bad vibes or that they wanted to back out of anything, but it doesn't bode well that the first bit of adversity (legit as it was) threw things so out of whack.

It was cool and almost "brave" of a huge band in 2023 to go silent in the media after such a gigantic reunion/tour announcement and super successful single, while they just kept their heads down and worked on their music. I think they earned all the patience in the world for that strategy and I was excited for whenever they decided to bust out with all the music and press they had bottled up. But clearly that has backfired spectacularly after Travis's injury and the cancelled shows.

If any of their managers or whoever makes these decisions has a clue, they should be rearranging everything in order to get the band out there ASAP in one way or another. Announce the album details, release a single, release a behind the scenes recording video, anything to get the awful taste out of fans' mouths and get the excitement going. I think people understood the silence up to a certain point, but it's time to switch things up now.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Yeah I don't expect him to go into hiding or anything like that, it's fine if he's out and about doing non-drumming things.

I don't think anyone expected him to go into hiding, but it definitely seems insensitive for him go to a huge event (which he had no obligation to attend) that he would have had to travel for so soon after sustaining an injury that caused so much sadness and frustration- not to mention financial loss- for so many people.

It's just a bad look.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Dr. Grill said:

I'm not even saying he's a douche bag. I like Travis and still enjoy his whole persona. No issues with the Kardashian stuff or his high life infatuation.

This is about fucking over fans and costing them money and not even acknowledging that you did. I don't think he wanted to play those shows in the first place. Whether it was the fear of flying or irrational concerns about safety down there. The finger was an out.

• Like 1

i don’t really get it. it’s frustrating the shows got postponed — but he literally can’t and shouldn’t play while healing, so what is the other option? there is none, we’ve been over it. the fans in SA will be refunded if they choose not to attend the festivals. the most unfortunate thing is that hotel accommodations and flights may be nonrefundable for those fans, and yes, that does suck. it’s incensing. but there’s not much of an option for the band — he can’t and shouldn’t play, especially if he wants to heal properly and be able to play sooner rather than later. it’s a bad situation all around, but i don’t see why he can’t live his life and go to the UFC match if he wants.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, boxelder said:

i don’t really get it. it’s frustrating the shows got postponed — but he literally can’t and shouldn’t play while healing, so what is the other option? there is none, we’ve been over it. the fans in SA will be refunded if they choose not to attend the festivals. the most unfortunate thing is that hotel accommodations and flights may be nonrefundable for those fans, and yes, that does suck. it’s incensing. but there’s not much of an option for the band — he can’t and shouldn’t play, especially if he wants to heal properly and be able to play sooner rather than later. it’s a bad situation all around, but i don’t see why he can’t live his life and go to the UFC match if he wants.

Multiple alternatives have been suggested that every single SA fan would have taken over getting screwed out of a bunch of money.

• Like 1