Blink 182 - S.A. Tour cancellation (Confirmed)

darkxer0

48 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I'm not even saying he's a douche bag. I like Travis and still enjoy his whole persona. No issues with the Kardashian stuff or his high life infatuation.

This is about fucking over fans and costing them money and not even acknowledging that you did. I don't think he wanted to play those shows in the first place. Whether it was the fear of flying or irrational concerns about safety down there. The finger was an out.

This may be one of the dumbest things I've ever said, which isn't saying much, but can't you drive to South America? I know there's the Panama canal but like if he's willing to take a boat to Europe, I feel getting to South America isn't that hard 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

This may be one of the dumbest things I've ever said, which isn't saying much, but can't you drive to South America? I know there's the Panama canal but like if he's willing to take a boat to Europe, I feel getting to South America isn't that hard 

Theoretically, yeah you could drive. But it would be dangerous and you'd be driving halfway across the Earth lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Release Some Shit said:

Would DEFINITELY make up for Travis' douchiness and be the best blink documentary ever!

Like where your heads at @Knapppers

That would be a rad documentary, you're right. Travis in like an armored bus driving through SA

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Theoretically, yeah you could drive. But it would be dangerous and you'd be driving halfway across the Earth lol

Between Panama and Colombia there is a road-less swath of jungle, which is one of the most dangerous places in the world. It's called the Darien Gap. Many people die or disappear there trying to cross it because it's smuggling corridor for drugs, arms, and human trafficking operations. 

I would watch this documentary though haha 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

6 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Between Panama and Colombia there is a road-less swath of jungle, which is one of the most dangerous places in the world. It's called the Darien Gap. Many people die or disappear there trying to cross it because it's smuggling corridor for drugs, arms, and human trafficking operations. 

We'll see how hard Travis and his crew actually is. SA fans deserve it

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Skinhead Rob head of security, no problemo.

• Haha 5

49 minutes ago, Elisa said:

hahaha THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE IT UP TO BLINK FANS, TRAVIS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, boxelder said:

i don’t really get it. it’s frustrating the shows got postponed — but he literally can’t and shouldn’t play while healing, so what is the other option? there is none, we’ve been over it. the fans in SA will be refunded if they choose not to attend the festivals. the most unfortunate thing is that hotel accommodations and flights may be nonrefundable for those fans, and yes, that does suck. it’s incensing. but there’s not much of an option for the band — he can’t and shouldn’t play, especially if he wants to heal properly and be able to play sooner rather than later. it’s a bad situation all around, but i don’t see why he can’t live his life and go to the UFC match if he wants.

I doubt the festival tickets can get refunded easily.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Skinhead Rob head of security, no problemo.

Skinhead flob would piss his pants in seconds. God, Travis has surrounded himself with wannabe gangsters for so long

26 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

hahaha THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE IT UP TO BLINK FANS, TRAVIS.

I can't think of a bigger polar opposite of what is currently taking place.  Driving to SA to show how much they care about their fans and shooting a legendary documentary along the way to never forget.

*goes to UFC fight with finger owie that cancelled tour on - posts on IG*

Maybe Diddy is right - GET THESE BOYS OFF THE PLANT-BASED DIET!

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Agreed. Hell, I've even heard of fans being unable to get refunds for some festivals in Brazil that were fully cancelled in 2020 due to the pandemic.

Yeah, if they were given refunds I wouldn't be as annoyed with this. But I find it pretty unlikely. Festivals are notoriously scammy to begin with, let alone ones in areas of the world known for corruption issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Do you have a source for this?

well shit, i’ve looked and its unclear if the tickets are refundable. the lolla brazil website states you must request a refund within seven days of purchase, and people on reddit seem to imply it’s difficult to get the tickets refunded from the company behind it. sorry for being so cavalier about it. it’s a very frustrating situation, but i still stand by the fact that trav could’ve never played the shows, and attempting to do so would put him at risk of further injury. 

• Like 1

Option 1: Travis travels to South America for a month with Blink and a substitute drummer but just plays tambourine for a song, or says thanks to the crowd each night = Incredibly heartwarming, coolest possible scenario, 0.0001% chance of ever even being considered.

Option 2: Blink haphazardly cancels the shows while Travis pretends nothing ever even happened = Gigantic letdown, fits right in with post 2004 Blink.

I mean we can get pissed that they didn't decide to do the incredibly heartwarming dream scenario, but it was never ACTUALLY a realistic scenario in the first place. I just wish they figured out something cool to do that exists in the wiiiiiiiiiiide gap between those two options.