Blink 182 - S.A. Tour cancellation (Confirmed)

darkxer0

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Option 1: Travis travels to South America for a month with Blink and a substitute drummer but just plays tambourine for a song, or says thanks to the crowd each night = Incredibly heartwarming, coolest possible scenario, 0.0001% chance of ever even being considered.

Option 2: Blink haphazardly cancels the shows while Travis pretends nothing ever even happened = Gigantic letdown, fits right in with post 2004 Blink.

I mean we can get pissed that they didn't decide to do the incredibly heartwarming dream scenario, but it was never ACTUALLY a realistic scenario in the first place. I just wish they figured out something cool to do that exists in the wiiiiiiiiiiide gap between those two options.

option 3: Travis simplifies the songs and plays like he did for +44.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

option 3: Travis simplifies the songs and plays like he did for +44.

Why do these guys ignore all the reasonable suggested alternatives and instead use scenarios no one here has mentioned

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Why do these guys ignore all the reasonable suggested alternatives and instead use scenarios no one here has mentioned

someone is typing right now "there wasn't enough time!" "he's not as young as he used to be!"

true and true.  arguably the best rock drummer in the world....at the time of original injury it was early Feb; could have lessened the damage and only cancelled a couple of shows instead of the entire run.  They had plenty of time.

• Like 2

The Travis dickriding on reddit is insane, I was reading a topic where an user tried to criticize Travis last week and they ended up deleting their reddit account because of the bullying, while we're all here advocating for South America like our lives depend on it, and we didn't even get a new South American board member 💔

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

Ghent: 

27 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Also Ghent....

On 3/1/2023 at 12:28 PM, Ghent said:

Or hire replacement drummer and stand on stage with tambourine as mentioned above

On 3/1/2023 at 11:32 AM, Ghent said:

So don't drum with that hand? Find a different way to contribute?

On 2/28/2023 at 2:24 PM, Ghent said:

He could be a DJ or something and stand back there with a turntable with drum tracks playing.

On 2/27/2023 at 3:04 PM, Ghent said:

Ok then hire a backup drummer and have Travis still come hang out on tour. 

On 2/28/2023 at 12:48 PM, Ghent said:

I mean they could have hired a replacement and Travis still went with them and played certain parts one handed or whatever.

On 3/2/2023 at 8:31 AM, Ghent said:

anyone can make the racket back there. People are paying for the celebrity appearance with Travis

14 hours ago, Ghent said:

Cmon dude. Play the tambourine or something. 

• Haha 5

I genuinely can't even tell what you guys are arguing for/against right now haha so fuck it. Ghent, you yourself made a dozen posts over the past week saying he should play tambourine, DJ at the back of the stage, do a celebrity appearance, play certain parts one handed, or just come and hang out, but then you say that NO ONE has mentioned anything like that...?

giphy.gif

Whatever, doesn't even matter anymore haha I guess I'll just bow out of this thread.

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

I genuinely can't even tell what you guys are arguing for/against right now haha so fuck it. Ghent, you yourself made a dozen posts over the past week saying he should play tambourine, DJ at the back of the stage, do a celebrity appearance, play certain parts one handed, or just come and hang out, but then you say that NO ONE has mentioned anything like that...?

giphy.gif

Whatever, doesn't even matter anymore haha I guess I'll just bow out of this thread.

You said one song, I never said that he should come out for one song nor has anyone else as far as I know. Watch your words Chump182!

• Like 1

i can't for the life of me imagine travis with a tambourine, or acoustic sets for the band's first outing to south america. simplifying the songs is perhaps not as easy it seems. none of it makes sense, not least for the start of a monumentous reunion tour. now that i know the tickets aren't as easily refunded, the only reasonable option to me is find a fill-in, but that doesn't really make sense either. postponing is the only right choice, and it sucks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, boxelder said:

i can't for the life of me imagine travis with a tambourine, or acoustic sets for the band's first outing to south america. simplifying the songs is perhaps not as easy it seems. none of it makes sense, not least for the start of a monumentous reunion tour. now that i know the tickets aren't as easily refunded, the only reasonable option to me is find a fill-in, but that doesn't really make sense either. postponing is the only right choice, and it sucks.

Congrats.  You've been successfully brainwashed & manipulated.

Welcome Trav-Bot #446511

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Ghent said:

A prayer circle and graphic surgery images and then you’re hanging out in Vegas watching fights 2 days later.l? Cmon dude. Play the tambourine or something. Bailing from these shows was a trash move.

Wow, so much hate and vitriol directed at Travis, who is also producing the new album. You don’t seem like a real fan of the band, just a negative hater lolll

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

look we're all family here but all jokes aside, the only Trav-bots I can even imagine are dudes who have white boy dreads and face tattoos and probably call Travis things like "unc" or "old head" because they learned 4 hip hop phrases by watching tik tok all day

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

look we're all family here but all jokes aside, the only Trav-bots I can even imagine are dudes who have white boy dreads and face tattoos and probably call Travis things like "unc" or "old head" because they learned 4 hip hop phrases by watching tik tok all day

so.......Diddy?

(love you Fap, I'm still a simp)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

14 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

Wow, so much hate and vitriol directed at Travis, who is also producing the new album. You don’t seem like a real fan of the band, just a negative hater lolll

Nah I love me some Travis

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

3 hours ago, boxelder said:

Why not?