Blink 182 - S.A. Tour cancellation (Confirmed)

darkxer0

I asked chatgpt who should replace Travis

if Blink 182 were in need of a new drummer, some potential replacements could include:

Brooks Wackerman: Former drummer of Bad Religion and currently the drummer for Avenged Sevenfold, Brooks has a diverse skill set and experience in both punk rock and heavier styles of music.

Josh Freese: A highly skilled drummer who has worked with a variety of artists including The Vandals, Guns N' Roses, and Nine Inch Nails. Josh has a unique and dynamic playing style that could add a new dimension to Blink 182's sound.

Travis Barker (from Blink 182): While he is currently the drummer for Blink 182, Travis has been known to take breaks from the band for various reasons. If the band needed a temporary replacement, they could potentially bring in another drummer and continue touring or recording while Travis takes time off.

Ultimately, the decision would depend on Blink 182's preferences and the specific qualities they are looking for in a drummer.

• Like 2
  • Crab 1

As the only active poster in this thread that has actually seen blink play without Travis since he joined the band I feel my opinion means more than everyone else’s so here we go.

Cancelling the shows was the worst possible option. No doubt. When Travis bailed(understandably) on Aus I was rattled but with 3 non-refundable festival tickets, flights, hotels etc I was still super happy the band was still coming. I would have been way more upset if they cancelled rather than had a replacement fill in.

Once the show kicks off and Mark and Tom start having a blast you end up forgetting that there is a replacement drummer up there. The songs still sound like they should and as long as you’re not some negative cunt looking for a reason to be pissed you’ll be having a great time. The SA fans deserved this.

I get that they wanted this to be the big reunion etc with the original band but they still could have bought both Travis and the replacement. Have Travis rock out onstage chilling on a throne Dave Grohl style for 80% of the set and then add in a 5ish song acoustic set that he can actually play on. I know his finger is fucked but I doubt it’s so fucked he couldn’t play a light acoustic set where he isn’t banging as hard as he can. I would’ve fucking loved it if they did this when I saw them. Hell they did the acoustic set with Brooks and even though I had no clue who the fuck he was it was still fun. 

Ultimately they chose the lazy option which is pretty shitty. The promise to go back next year is nice doesn’t make up for it. Those fans deserved better. They definitely didn’t deserve Travis throwing it in their faces by going out to the ufc less than a week later. Read the room bro. Anyway. I don’t think anything deep is up with the band/Travis flying/the album. It was a shit, unlucky injury that meant the tour couldn’t happen as planned, it just sucks they were lazy and couldn’t opt for plan b or c and just cancelled.

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

25 minutes ago, Coightstanza said:

As the only active poster in this thread that has actually seen blink play without Travis since he joined the band I feel my opinion means more than everyone else’s so here we go.

Cancelling the shows was the worst possible option. No doubt. When Travis bailed(understandably) on Aus I was rattled but with 3 non-refundable festival tickets, flights, hotels etc I was still super happy the band was still coming. I would have been way more upset if they cancelled rather than had a replacement fill in.

Once the show kicks off and Mark and Tom start having a blast you end up forgetting that there is a replacement drummer up there. The songs still sound like they should and as long as you’re not some negative cunt looking for a reason to be pissed you’ll be having a great time. The SA fans deserved this.

I get that they wanted this to be the big reunion etc with the original band but they still could have bought both Travis and the replacement. Have Travis rock out onstage chilling on a throne Dave Grohl style for 80% of the set and then add in a 5ish song acoustic set that he can actually play on. I know his finger is fucked but I doubt it’s so fucked he couldn’t play a light acoustic set where he isn’t banging as hard as he can. I would’ve fucking loved it if they did this when I saw them. Hell they did the acoustic set with Brooks and even though I had no clue who the fuck he was it was still fun. 

Ultimately they chose the lazy option which is pretty shitty. The promise to go back next year is nice doesn’t make up for it. Those fans deserved better. They definitely didn’t deserve Travis throwing it in their faces by going out to the ufc less than a week later. Read the room bro. Anyway. I don’t think anything deep is up with the band/Travis flying/the album. It was a shit, unlucky injury that meant the tour couldn’t happen as planned, it just sucks they were lazy and couldn’t opt for plan b or c and just cancelled.

What are you talking about? I saw the australia shows without Travis as well right here

• Crab 1

Since nothing else works, maybe we should just start simping to South America as a blink online marketing ploy. We could all brush up on our Spanish and Portuguese. blink-182online.com- we cum to Brazil

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Travis reminds me of Martin Short's character in Pure Luck, where his entire life is just one fuckup after another. Like he could go to the bathroom and the toilet would explode. He gets in a car and it blows up. He goes for a walk and gets mugged, a poisonous spider bites him, a bird shits on him, and he trips over his own feet and pisses himself.

Terrible movie, but it just reminds me of it. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Since nothing else works, maybe we should just start simping to South America as a blink online marketing ploy. We could all brush up on our Spanish and Portuguese. blink-182online.com- we cum to Brazil

Blink-182online with an open border policy?

eh, more woke bullshit.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, High Value Man said:

Travis reminds me of Martin Short's character in Pure Luck, where his entire life is just one fuckup after another. Like he could go to the bathroom and the toilet would explode. He gets in a car and it blows up. He goes for a walk and gets mugged, a poisonous spider bites him, a bird shits on him, and he trips over his own feet and pisses himself.

Terrible movie, but it just reminds me of it. 

image.png

Man you are old. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

The comments on Travis's latest instagram post all look to be a foreign language (not sure what is all spoken in SA besides Portuguese) and lots of comments about him not coming to South America. 

This has to be because of something contractual of why they're not doing a fill in right? No way all this was the better option. 

55 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

The comments on Travis's latest instagram post all look to be a foreign language (not sure what is all spoken in SA besides Portuguese) and lots of comments about him not coming to South America. 

This has to be because of something contractual of why they're not doing a fill in right? No way all this was the better option. 

He must’ve put something in his contract after Tom tried getting rid of him last time.

• Like 3