Coachella Comeback Show — The Thread

boxelder

I fucking hope Mark pretends it doesn’t exist like he did with Neighbourhoods.

Sorry not sorry, the skiba era was full of fucking wank songs, when I finally get to see the live for the first time I will be chuffed as fuck if I don’t have to sit through fucking Bored To Death or Darkside or any of the other drivel they released in that period, would actually rather hear First Date 3 times in a fucking row.

We’ll see what happens tonight I guess. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Invaluable Nonbinosaur said:

I fucking hope Mark pretends it doesn’t exist like he did with Neighbourhoods.

Sorry not sorry, the skiba era was full of fucking wank songs, when I finally get to see the live for the first time I will be chuffed as fuck if I don’t have to sit through fucking Bored To Death or Darkside or any of the other drivel they released in that period, would actually rather hear First Date 3 times in a fucking row.

We’ll see what happens tonight I guess. 

I enjoyed the Matt era songs more than most here but yeah with Tom back I don't care if they never get played again. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

So this is the first show back together with Tom since when again?

Tom's last show with the band was this date

10/11/2014: The band performs at MGM Resorts Village (Wine Amplified Festival) in Las Vegas, Nevada.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

it is pretty shocking it’s been that long. i remember that gig being another run of the mill vegas gigs they seemed to do each fall. another boring sloppy greatest hits set, nothing special. i had no idea how much it would implode in just a few months! was an exciting time to finally see mark take a stand and assert some control over the band. and while the skiba era was not great, it was a huge step to evening out some old grudges i feel like.

i guess we’ll see tonight. i’m excited for the show! it only feels right to be back with tom again honestly, and however they perform, it’s the way it only could and should be.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, boxelder said:

it is pretty shocking it’s been that long. i remember that gig being another run of the mill vegas gigs they seemed to do each fall. another boring sloppy greatest hits set, nothing special. i had no idea how much it would implode in just a few months! was an exciting time to finally see mark take a stand and assert some control over the band. and while the skiba era was not great, it was a huge step to evening out some old grudges i feel like.

i guess we’ll see tonight. i’m excited for the show! it only feels right to be back with tom again honestly, and however they perform, it’s the way it only could and should be.

I completely forgot how they announced that Tom left the band lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

How the fuck was it nominated for a Grammy 😂 what a terrible year for music fuck me

Staying in the punk genre albums like Simplicity (Bouncing Souls), Protection (Face to Face), The Revenge of the Fifth (Belvedere) or State Is Burning (Useless ID) are definitely superior to California. In the rock genre in that year excellent albums were released such as American Band (Drive-By Truckers), Skeleton Tree (Nick Cave)... unfortunately Grammy's nominations often follow market dynamics that go beyond the artistic value.

I was referring to this, talking about the blink paradox: their only album that has been nominated for the Grammy Awards is the least relevant artistically in their discography and the least considered by the fans and perhaps by themselves (maybe).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, High Value Man said:

If I know Mark, he will pretend like NINE/California never happened. Just like he pretended Neighborhoods didn't happen when Matt was around.

It would be really interesting to hear Tom sing Matt's song, but probably not going to happen.

I'm pretty sure they also played Wishing Well. Which is 100% a Tom song.

35 minutes ago, rickay he him said:

The closer it gets the more inclined I am to stay up for it. 🤘🏻 

The problem is I’ll definitely fall asleep on the couch by 1am

I haven't set the alarm yet, but I'm thinking about doing it. 

• Like 2