Coachella Comeback Show — The Thread

boxelder

42 minutes ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

they sounded prety good and were realy into it,

inbetwen songs banters were untolably cringe, forced and more cringe than ever, tom realy needs 2 simmer down there

only good one was when he said "fuck cancel culture" that was good

Yeah the banter was cringe

• Like 1
  • Crab 4

I'll have to re-listen to the autotune cause I was too busy vibing to listen out for shit like that

I watched from around 2.45am until about 4ish, I watched the whole show anyway

That was the best blink have sounded since 2004. I was worried about Tom's new guitars but they sound better than his Gibsons. Mark's singing is awesome again. The backing tracks were low in the mix the way they should be except on the more piano based songs like Down & I Miss You, which is understandable for them kinda songs

It wasn't the perfect performance but it's blink. It never has to be perfect. They fucking ROCKED. Loved the banter. Tom had some hilarious moments. Loved his part with the guitar guy when swapping guitars and he asked "Who are you? Do you work here?" Dunno why I found that part so hilarious but I just did

Was nice hearing some of the Enema/Take Off songs that they hadn't played frequently since the first reunion.

Mark was having the time of his life. Loved seeing the guy so happy after everything he's been through. blink for life

I just hope Tom doesn't get blink cancelled in 2023 with his antics in between songs 😂

• Like 8
  • Love 1

straight up actually crying watching some of this footage this AM. mark looks SO happy, esp during the miss you breakdown. they sound SO good. the pre-show footage is classic. this could not have gone better. what an awesome setlist too. i hope they play next weekend too, any indication on that yet?

the official stream was 1080p, but the uploaded vids from coachella are in glorious 4k.

v

• Like 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, just_bringing_good_chats said:

having backing track for a rock band is extremly gay, id tell them strait up they're pussies for using backing tracks

But you accept anything they have to do in studio to sound ok, right?

Really really loved this set, teared up a few times for sure, you could tell how relaxed and settled in they were, it was nice to see someone play the guitar parts and not labor over them. Tom plays what looks like effortlessly and adds all those cool little touches. I miss you was spot on. second only to pepsi smash. his guitar setup /tone was sick. mark didnt try to shut tom up. they were acting like bros right before they went on

this is the Blink 182 we deserved after the first reunion, but im glad they are most clearly in a good place now.

• Like 4

I really loved the banter before Feeling This.

“show ‘um you’re dick.”

Mark getting Travis to say hello.

Tom ranting about how no one can do what they do.

Mark- “here’s a music”

Tom- “how does it go?” and yelling more about how no one can do what they do. 

🤣🤣🤣

last night was just so fucking good. Felt like a kid again. 🥰❤️

• Like 3
  • Love 3