Coachella Comeback Show — The Thread

boxelder

I mean not to blame it on his ex wife, but maybe things weren't great for a while and he just wasn't happy near the end of it and it led into his work life. 

Has a new partner and rejuvenated and in sure playing AVA helped him fall in love with it again. Throw in getting older and probably appreciating things more, plus Mark almost dying, just leads to him having more fun. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Worst poster here said:

@Ghent were you upset that Tom mentioned cancel culture and acknowledged that it exists? Seems to go against your beliefs on here 

No? I thought it was funny as fuck.

Blink has said so much crazy shit over the years but they don’t get canceled because they aren’t bad people that do or say hateful things.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, boxelder said:

already was:

https://pitchfork.com/features/festival-report/the-best-of-coachella-2023-day-1-bad-bunny-gorillaz-blink-182-and-more/

I wish they’d stop with the aggressively middle-school stage banter and, well, leave that to the songs. The final three tracks— “I Miss You,” “All the Small Things,” “Dammit”—at least cleansed the stage.

So pleasing to see that the boys annoyed pitchfork.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Who knows why it is better. I tend to think a lot of it is because its their first performance in 9 years and Tom is excited for Blink again. Its all very fresh.

But my fear is; it won't last. They got a ton of shows scheduled. How are they going to sound and feel at the end of all of this is the question in my head. Because I personally can't image going out there night after night with the same intensity. No way.

I noticed that they have a couple of breaks during their tour so that could definitely help them recharge and stay excited. 

They are touring all of May and then have over two weeks off before they start again up again in June. Then they are playing shows from Mid June until Mid July. After that they have 7 weeks off before heading to Europe. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I noticed that they have a couple of breaks during their tour so that could definitely help them recharge and stay excited. 

They are touring all of May and then have over two weeks off before they start again up again in June. Then they are playing shows from Mid June until Mid July. After that they have 7 weeks off before heading to Europe. 

at their age(almost all of them being 50) this is a smart and great decision

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

I just can’t wait for interviews now, too.

More pro-shot shows. I haven’t enjoyed watching that stuff since like 2016.

The world needs something like this rn. An injection of colourful positivity, idiocy and crappy punk rock

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, High Value Man said:

Who knows why it is better. I tend to think a lot of it is because its their first performance in 9 years and Tom is excited for Blink again. Its all very fresh.

But my fear is; it won't last. They got a ton of shows scheduled. How are they going to sound and feel at the end of all of this is the question in my head. Because I personally can't image going out there night after night with the same intensity. No way.

not to be a downer after an insanely great and joyful show but this is in the back of my mind.  Tom gave me PTSD and it's just how it is.

the great news is that Edging sounded awesome live, I think that bodes well for the future going forward.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

not to be a downer after an insanely great and joyful show but this is in the back of my mind.  Tom gave me PTSD and it's just how it is.

the great news is that Edging sounded awesome live, I think that bodes well for the future going forward.

Yeah - I also have that feeling. The tour is prolific and Tom was psyched during the first reunion tour, even if he mostly sounded horrible.

I think we’ll have cancellations/postponing - but I think because they’re older, cherish each other and the legacy - they will just all keep giving each other a pass. There’s nothing to prove but enjoying being with each other again 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, _Bagel said:

Yeah - I also have that feeling. The tour is prolific and Tom was psyched during the first reunion tour, even if he mostly sounded horrible.

I think we’ll have cancellations/postponing - but I think because they’re older, cherish each other and the legacy - they will just all keep giving each other a pass. There’s nothing to prove but enjoying being with each other again 

this situation with Tom has always boggled me.

Tour for 5 months + make music = way more money for all of your dumb alien projects, AND the blink fans are happy.

you'd think he'd welcome the chance to keep the gravy train rolling.  PUT SOME EFFORT IN TOM AND I WILL BE YOUR TOMBOT $IMP FOREVA!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

this situation with Tom has always boggled me.

Tour for 5 months + make music = way more money for all of your dumb alien projects, AND the blink fans are happy.

you'd think he'd welcome the chance to keep the gravy train rolling.  PUT SOME EFFORT IN TOM AND I WILL BE YOUR TOMBOT $IMP FOREVA!

I would never take off time from work to do what I'm passionate about!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

The world needs something like this rn. An injection of colourful positivity, idiocy and crappy punk rock

Agreed!! That was in the back of my mind while watching the show to be honest. For quite awhile our society has fucking sucked for people in our generation and younger, people are anxious and depressed and worried about the state of the world, there’s a big shortage of catharsis and good old fashioned joy. It made me so happy seeing Blink reintroduce themselves to a crowd of random festival goers by being purely themselves and reminding everybody that it’s GOOD to just completely let loose and fuck around and try to make each other laugh every once in awhile.

• Like 4
  • Love 4