Coachella Comeback Show — The Thread

boxelder

2 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

You know what I like about what this reunion is telling me. It’s never too fucking late.

If you have a connection with someone, like Mark and Tom / maybe trav do, time might lead to differences. Those differences might seem insurmountable, but time can lead it to coalescing again. 

You might seem crazy ( UFO projects) you might nearly die, go through a divorce - good things can still happen. Connections can be repaired. You can still fucking triumph.Your time to write something new only stops when your innings is over.

Fuck yeah! I’m so glad I’m not the only one having those exact same feelings about all of this hahah. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Yeah - I also have that feeling. The tour is prolific and Tom was psyched during the first reunion tour, even if he mostly sounded horrible.

I think we’ll have cancellations/postponing - but I think because they’re older, cherish each other and the legacy - they will just all keep giving each other a pass. There’s nothing to prove but enjoying being with each other again 

I don’t know how psyched Tom was. Like how long was it before we heard Mark say blink is everyone’s priority and for Tom to say that Angels and Airwaves was his priority? Like a week? Then Neighborhoods takes 2 years to come out. I don’t think they were ever on the same page last time. 

My belief is that Tom wasn’t ready to return last time but felt obligated because of the plane crash. I also believe that he’s ready now. 

• Like 5

Damn, blink really got us all in the feels.  I think there's like 'nostalgia' and then whatever that was.  Where you fully feel transported back in your entirety.  Can't tell if it lasts yet, already feel old as hell again.  Rejuvenated though?  I could not be more excited for the album.

That said, I think there's no way they do all these shows without issue, not that I blame them either.  Just looking at that schedule looks tough, 20 years younger than them.  Even with the SA stretch gone.  Maybe I'm being too cynical and they will power through.  2024 is just a ways away and they'll still be going.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dylan_ said:

Did anyone else think Tom looked slim and sexy as fuck? Dude looks damn good for almost 50 it and gives me hope that he's in a great mindset for the tour. 

Yeah, I was viewing the Coachella live feed, and almost every 30 seconds there was someone saying "They're still hot!!! How!!??". You can almost see the money they're making on top of it.  All jokes aside, they deserve this.  Been through a lot, whether the band stuff was inflicted or not. 

Pretty much every comment was: "Whoo Blink!"  "Blackpink???"  "Tom sounds SO good WTF"  "Dude these guys fucking suck" "They are still so hott!" "What's wrong with this guy's voice? Why does he sing like that?"  "🤪OMG this is amazing"

I did even see a comment saying wait where is Matt or what happened to Matt, as if he was the original member kind of made me chuckle or feel old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

I agree! I’m happy you at least acknowledge that it exists now 

Eh, people tend to be held accountable when they say or do hateful things. Was happening way before some doofus invented the “cancel culture” phrase and took it to the YouToobz for cash.

But this conversation doesn’t belong here

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Agreed!! That was in the back of my mind while watching the show to be honest. For quite awhile our society has fucking sucked for people in our generation and younger, people are anxious and depressed and worried about the state of the world, there’s a big shortage of catharsis and good old fashioned joy. It made me so happy seeing Blink reintroduce themselves to a crowd of random festival goers by being purely themselves and reminding everybody that it’s GOOD to just completely let loose and fuck around and try to make each other laugh every once in awhile.

1000% - blink are catapulted from a simpler time of zines, CD's and TRL. There was more community, even then. the daily threats to our lives didn't feel as existential. Things seemed less polarised and fragmented. They felt like they were there to bring that back, to remind us that life is worth celebrating.

47 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Fuck yeah! I’m so glad I’m not the only one having those exact same feelings about all of this hahah. 

We got each other bro, we have blink to thank for that shit

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I have no idea how Diddy can tell the Album keyboards of TheRock to from the Paul Shafer thing.

Lol , did you go back and listen? The Paul Shafer keyboards just always seemed off, I always thought it sounded weird on the Letterman performance. I recognized them immediately haha 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OnlineAlpha said:

Lol , did you go back and listen? The Paul Shafer keyboards just always seemed off, I always thought it sounded weird on the Letterman performance. I recognized them immediately haha 

They always just sounded louder, but I guess I gotta go back and listen.

Just now, Elisa said:

Good to see that it's not just me, but we are all still running off the emotions and adrenaline from the coachella show. 

I watched it again last night and it may have been even more powerful 🤫

• Like 3
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Shall I stop trying to be a wordsmith and admit deFEAT

Lol you do you, sometimes it just sounds like you're a runaway military vet who locked themselves in a dungeon somewhere to write an autobiography on the war or something and I have to remind myself I'm still on a blink page lol.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2