Coachella Comeback Show — The Thread

boxelder

1 minute ago, Scotts Engineer said:

Lol you do you, sometimes it just sounds like you're a runaway military vet who locked themselves in a dungeon somewhere to write an autobiography on the war or something and I have to remind myself I'm still on a blink page lol.

Hahaha. I am in a basement. The only war I've fought is with LIFE, dear boy.

Fuck it - my life would be so much lesser without them, why pretend otherwise?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

Did anyone else think Tom looked slim and sexy as fuck? Dude looks damn good for almost 50 it and gives me hope that he's in a great mindset for the tour. 

I still think that after the blink's first breakup he tried so bad to be recognized in the music's world community, and thought that having a serious approach to music and life was the best way to reach this goal.

In truth, behind AvA's lyrics and behind the topics he spoke about in the interviews (from the most delusional ones of 2006-2007 to the paranormal ones of the Dreamwalker or UFOs phases) there was always the same old guy, full of goofiness and toilet humor, which emerged very often, especially on tour.

And then I remember a Tom's post two years ago on Instagram in which he said he had "come full circle" and accepted himself and his roots, after having been listening to punk music for over a year. It is no coincidence that in that period on tour with AvA he seemed much more energetic and sang really well - also thanks to the surgery for sinusitis - and today he really seems like a different person. Probably also the age, the divorce, the experiences of his old bandmates made him appreciate everything he did in blink much more, and also allowed him to put his ego aside.

Maybe he realized that this is a band made up of musicians who consider themselves not very talented but who have had success in the most varied genres (from skate punk to alternative punk), who have made the Warped Tour and today Coachella famous; the same band that way behind its prime sold a world tour in a few hours and released a single which has been at the top of the charts for 11 weeks, and that is back in the public eye because it really influenced a generation.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Was it ever capo’d?

Yea they performed it capo’d the majority of their career. I can’t immediately think of a performance without it but I know there’s one or two other instances out there. (Note sure how Skiba did it, only talking about Tom). 

1 minute ago, OnlineAlpha said:

Yea they performed it capo’d the majority of their career. I can’t immediately think of a performance without it but I know there’s one or two other instances out there. (Note sure how Skiba did it, only talking about Tom). 

I don’t think I ever noticed before.

• Like 2