[POLL] How much money did you spend to see blink on tour this summer? 2023

Paparazzi Magnet

How much money (in US $) did you spend to see blink on tour this summer (2023)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How much money did you manage to spend on ONE ticket?

• Free/Gift
    • 0-49
    • 50-99
    • 100-199
    • 200-299
    • 300-399
    • 400-499
    • 500-749
    • 750-999
    • 1000-1499
    • 1500+

I've never been much a pit/mosh person.

When I was 16/17, my friend invited me to see a small band at the time called Title Fight at a small nightclub in DC.  We got there early and were directly in front.  No barrier or anything.  Just a 12 inch step up and the band was right in our face.  I could have basically grabbed the lead singer's guitar and mic stand if I wanted to, and I could have just walked up there onto the stage. 

The entire crowd was probably like 40-50 people too.  As soon as the show started, they instantly turned into a mosh, and my friend and I were pretty much goners.  The wave behind us sucked us in and everybody was shoving whoever they could left and right.  I saw a few folks get hurt, and I realized that it was downright dangerous.  But somewhat rad at the same time.  At the end of the show, I went up to the lead singer, shook hands and said “nice fucking work”.

I couldn't focus on the performance however - which is what I go to shows primarily for.  I'm more interested in the show and the guitars, and all that.  So ever since I've always been a lawn type of person, or I'll get a ticket with a seat.  If there's no lawn I'll usually be in the standing section but towards the back - typically holding a drink and vibing.  None of my friends are mosher types as well, so it works out

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ghent said:

No, I have a 10 year old who is kind of interested in them but it’s like playing with fire when I play blink clips because of what might be said lol.

I don’t even say “fuck” around my kids.  

Same. Exact same. I let my 10 y/o listen to Blink (&they LOVE it), but only certain songs & not live stuff… 🤣

29 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I like jumping around, but not moshing.

Me too. I’ve always liked being close to the pit, but never in it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Same. Exact same. I let my 10 y/o listen to Blink (&they LOVE it), but only certain songs & not live stuff…

I was 10 when I first listened to the live album and I asked my 15 year old sister what a blow job was lmao 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I was 10 when I first listened to the live album and I asked my 15 year old sister what a blow job was lmao 

Yes, that’s the exact type of thing I’m trying to avoid. 🤣

My kids don’t do TikTok, but all their friends do…so they love singing Tom’s part in I Miss You more than anything. 🙃

On 5/5/2023 at 12:12 PM, Ghent said:

I still don't know what to do about this tour. The closest they come to me is Denver, but it's a bad date for me. If the album doesn't come out until the fall as expected, then surely they will tour again next summer right? Can't decide if I should spring for it now or just wait until the next one. I've seen them probably 10+ times now but I'm having fomo already

It’s tough to say. Who knows if there will ever be a tour like this again. A few years ago we almost lost Mark to cancer and a little over a decade before that we almost lost Travis in a plane crash. That plus Tom keeps leaving the band.  I hope there’s more tours and chances to see them again, but nothing is guaranteed.  

That said,I’m in a similar predicament, the closest show to me is in NYC ( I’m in Philly ) and the tickets are very expensive.   I might buy a ticket last minute, but more sure.  I have seen them twice already with Tom before. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Smooth My Balls said:

Yeah when I was 11 I remember asking my older sister what “fellate” meant lol. refused to answer 

How did you feel about Tom making a herpes joke in Minnesota?

• Wow 1

My kid is still a tiny toddler so I don't have personal experience with this quite yet, but I feel like a kid should discover their own inappropriate stuff whenever they're ready haha.

I discovered Blink around 11-12 or so I guess? But if my parents had introduced me to them, it would NOT have stuck the same way hahah. I would've been mortified instead of thinking Blink's hilarious insanity was speaking to my soul.

• Like 1

I entered a contest from a french radio station to win tickets for the Paris gig. I was really busy working on my music documentary and didn't answer my phone (unknown numbers always call me for some reason and I never pick up) and it turns out the radio station called me and they gave the tickets to somebody else ...

Coincidence or not, I already won one time from that radio station previously

BUMMER ...

• Wow 2
  • Sad 1

I first got seats for 50. Really wanted standing tickets but they got «sold out» immediately. Then more of them (front) got released for around 300, which was out of the question. Kept checking ticketmaster every day for a couple of weeks and ended up getting standing tickets for 100. The whole ticket situation still annoys the hell out of me; I’ve never experienced that with previous shows I’ve been to. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...