The bridge of Dammit on the 2023/2024 tour

Elisa

Great thread Elisa, thank you so much for this  ❤️

Research from the Timeline Website:

I've done some investigation here.  looked for the less obvious song choices for the rap in particular from previous tours!

Mark started doing that Dammit rap right after the Warped Tour 1997 (they just did the normal bridge without any rapping). The first occurence of the Dammit rapping bridge happening is at this show :

9/6/1997: The band performs at Citrus Pavilion in San Bernardino, California.

Mark is doing a rap to Public Enemy's "Bring The Noise"

2/23/1998: The band performs at Liberty Hall in Lawrence, Kansas.

Mark is doing a rap to The Aquabat's "Super Rad!"

6/18/1999: The band performs at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California as a part of Live 105 BFD 1999

Tom is doing the rap to Kid Rock's "Bawitdaba"

7/25/2000: The band performs a secret show for online viewers at the Casbah in San Diego 

Mark is rapping to Eminem "Forgot About Dre"

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I was hoping the Simple Plan song would be Mark's actual lyrics on that song and it'd be a cool way to bring those over to blink. In fact it's a really jarring song choice to use in general (wasn't the biggest hit, and I had honestly forgotten all about it) unless he was specifically going to use those lines. 

I digress, this is cool too see happening again, and I love to see that Mark seems intent to change up the song for every show, hopefully without any repeats, that'd be nuts. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

I was hoping the Simple Plan song would be Mark's actual lyrics on that song and it'd be a cool way to bring those over to blink. In fact it's a really jarring song choice to use in general (wasn't the biggest hit, and I had honestly forgotten all about it) unless he was specifically going to use those lines. 

I digress, this is cool too see happening again, and I love to see that Mark seems intent to change up the song for every show, hopefully without any repeats, that'd be nuts. 

ur right had he used his bridge/breakdown part it would have been great

4 hours ago, M!ke said:

I think it did better than most Blink songs.

2 hours ago, Olivers Sunday Ticket said:

Thread kinda unnecessary ngl.

Just kidding, No Scrubs is still my favorite, but T Swift was pretty nice surprise.

I'd Do Anything was only miss, but I appreciate the efforts.

AWESOME THREAD.

I was about to fight you. 14 y/o me still would for the Simple Plan dig. 🤣🤣

No Scrubs is probably still my favorite too, tough call though. 

• Haha 1