Weird Board Use Problems on Mobile

Kay

So lately ive had some issues on mobile and idk if anyone else is having them too.

sometimes I hit the quick reply box, and nothing happens. When I hit quote it just scrolls me to the top of the page, and I can’t always hold to react and it’ll just force me to like and refresh itself.

I thought it might just be my phone but ive had no issues elsewhere. 

anyone else having issues? @Dean could any of this be related to the new dark theme?

17 minutes ago, Invaluable Nonbinosaur said:

So lately ive had some issues on mobile and idk if anyone else is having them too.

sometimes I hit the quick reply box, and nothing happens. When I hit quote it just scrolls me to the top of the page, and I can’t always hold to react and it’ll just force me to like and refresh itself.

I thought it might just be my phone but ive had no issues elsewhere. 

anyone else having issues? @Dean could any of this be related to the new dark theme?

I’ve had nearly all these issues before well before the new dark theme. Can’t be that.

11 hours ago, Invaluable Nonbinosaur said:

I can’t always hold to react and it’ll just force me to like and refresh itself.

This one annoys tF out of me & happens pretty regularly. I think a lot of y’all are really funny, but I can’t always laugh. Annoying. 😩

34 minutes ago, LizzosChrisCrocker said:

This one annoys tF out of me & happens pretty regularly. I think a lot of y’all are really funny, but I can’t always laugh. Annoying. 😩

It’s worse when you plan on crabbing and get forced to like the post and that person thinks you’re agreeing until you can fix it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, High Value Coight said:

It’s worse when you plan on crabbing and get forced to like the post and that person thinks you’re agreeing until you can fix it.

I just tried to laugh at that & it isn’t letting me be great rn. 

I’m not on WiFi right now & was earlier….first time it’s happened today, so now I’m wonder if that could have anything to do with it? 

2 hours ago, Jane said:

New problem: Cannot insert pictures from external URL anymore.

I’m so bad at posting pictures/gifs that I always just think it’s a me problem. I was doing well for a while, but not lately. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LizzosChrisCrocker said:

I’m so bad at posting pictures/gifs that I always just think it’s a me problem. I was doing well for a while, but not lately. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣 

Haha, I swear I'm too dumb for these things.

21 minutes ago, Jane said:

Haha, I swear I'm too dumb for these things.

same! 😩🤣

I have kids who can do all that & my husband has always been interested in tech….if I have difficulties, I just ask anyone in the household besides myself or MIL. 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Sorry for the slow response! We got a puppy last weekend so I've been pretty distracted trying to keep various bodily functions from happening on my lounge room floor.

I've not had the problems you've mentioned myself but I don't really use the boards on mobile so that could be it. I've been talking to Ghent about doing a bit of a server migration, I'm not happy with the current server configuration I've set up as Ghent needs to reboot the server once or twice a week when it shits the bed so there's something not right there. This is a work in progress and will probably take me a week or two to get done. Definitely a chance that the problems you're seeing are related, so we'll see how it behaves once I've got that done.

It's also been quite a while since I did a proper update on the boards, but now that I've rebuilt the dark theme in a compatible way I can do this too which could help if these things are simply bugs with the version we're on.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Dean said:

Sorry for the slow response! We got a puppy last weekend so I've been pretty distracted trying to keep various bodily functions from happening on my lounge room floor.

I've not had the problems you've mentioned myself but I don't really use the boards on mobile so that could be it. I've been talking to Ghent about doing a bit of a server migration, I'm not happy with the current server configuration I've set up as Ghent needs to reboot the server once or twice a week when it shits the bed so there's something not right there. This is a work in progress and will probably take me a week or two to get done. Definitely a chance that the problems you're seeing are related, so we'll see how it behaves once I've got that done.

It's also been quite a while since I did a proper update on the boards, but now that I've rebuilt the dark theme in a compatible way I can do this too which could help if these things are simply bugs with the version we're on.

Post pics of the puppy

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dean said:

Hope you didn't scare the puppy with your various bodily functions!

4 hours ago, thongrider said:

Hope you didn't scare the puppy with your various bodily functions!

Even better, she's helping to clean them up!

5 hours ago, High Value Coight said:

Post pics of the puppy

IMG_2231.JPGIMG_2251.JPGIMG_2255.JPG

• Love 7

Oh my days what a gorgeous pupper!

thanks for the update Dean, sounds like a plan and thanks for all you do. first few weeks of puppyness can be an absolute training nightmare so good luck. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 months later...

Any update on a board update? Posting images on mobile sucks ass. I wish the imgur button was an option on the post like the desktop version. Also why can't I delete quotes in replies? I have to restart posts to remove the little quote box. This all stems by me quoting the wrong reply and wanting to delete it. Thanks, Dean!