im going to buy new stuff!

Subterranean Homesick Alien

I would reccomend trying a Schecter for a new guitar. I just got an S-1 standard in see thru cherry and I have to say it's one of the nicest guitars ive played. It's got mother of pearl covered Grover tuners( Ive had to tune it once since I got it for X-mas) Duncan Designed JB's' date=' A push/pull coil tap for the strat single coil sound, mother of pearl inlays, a Tone Pros bridge and a fast neck. All of that for $368(Normally $400 but we got it lowered). I would really reccomend a Schecter. Try out a few and see what you like. Most of them come with Duncans or Duncan Designs and all of the features I said. Good luck with your new gear to.[/quote']

agreed. I'm a big fan of the Ultra.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest iameric

hyler stands by his tech 21's, and i stand by hyler.

as for guitar, i would decide on whether you like the fender or gibson body styles first. do you like thinner or thicker necks, longer or shorter, etc. also keep in mind whether you really would like/need that acoustic or not. but if you do decide to get an acoustic, i'd take a look at taylors lower end models.

schecter is a good brand also.

p.s. it's up to you, but if i were looking into epiphones, i would check out gibsons lower sgs. like the sg faded special. pretty nice guitar there. but i don't know if you feel like dishing out $6 or 700.

hey so i think im going 2 buy a Tech21 TM60 Amp...but i got a question r they good for playing punk pop music? or r they for blues or something?

They're good for everything.

ok thanks!....hey i changed my mind im going 2 get a

Tech21 TM300

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/480224/

is ok just to buy the head or do i have to buy a cab also?

hey so i think im going 2 buy a Tech21 TM60 Amp...but i got a question r they good for playing punk pop music? or r they for blues or something?

Tech21 TM300

don't buy that. You will never ever ever need that much volume.

Tech21 TM300

don't buy that. You will never ever ever need that much volume.

so i should go with the TM60?.....also some ppl from ultimateguitar.com say i should buy a Marshall 900 or a small Mesa

ps im going 2 have $1300 dollars to buy an amp instead of $1000

I'd go with the TM60 still. I can't stand the Marshall 900 series. And for what you play you probably wouldn't like the Mesa Combos.

ok thanks so this what im going 2 buy

Tech 21 TM60: $520

Fender Standard Strat: $370

that leaves me with $710 dollars...what should i buy for recording im thinking about buying a

line 6 guitar port ($100) or a tone port ($200)

but i dont know if my computer is good enough to use a toneport

also i want 2 buy a Seymour duncan SH8 invader pickup ($76)

also what do u think is better Vox amps or Tech 21????

i think you should look into a better guitar since you're gonna have soo much money left over and plus they charge like madd on tax when you buy that much stuff. so just something to think about.

yeah i know they do charge alot huh...ok if i dont buy the fender

which one should i buy

Epiphone LP Standard

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/518341/

or

Gibson SG faded special

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/517222/

I wouldn't buy the TM300 if I was in your shoes. Except when the speakers are really projecting (high volume situations) it's really only going to be noticably exactly double the volume since it's rated x5 higher than the TM60. If you are playing in high volume situations though, then sure, go for the 300.

They are indeed fine for playing punk (IE music that requires high gain w/ high saturation) as well as blues, rock, metal, jazz, etc. They have a tri-preamp section on there that is based off of amps including Fender, Marshall, and Mesa. Because of that they are very versatile, they also give you a list of presets to use or tweak to get you started with the sound you want.

As far as Mesa and Marshall combos that UG was telling you to get, they are both fine amps. In some areas I prefer say the JCM900 to a Tech 21, in others I don't, it's a different amp and a different matter of preference. If I were playing a sold out concert hall, I might prefer the JCM for it's tube power amp section (then again, if it's sold out, I may want to have the Tech 21 trademark so I can DI out into the house PA using the Sansamp XLR out). If I go into the studio for a session, I probably want to have the Tech 21 for it's versatality. Theres many different situations, and no one amp can fit them all. However, I do feel that Tech 21 comes closer than any other, that's why I support the amps.

I wouldn't buy the TM300 if I was in your shoes. Except when the speakers are really projecting (high volume situations) it's really only going to be noticably exactly double the volume since it's rated x5 higher than the TM60. If you are playing in high volume situations though' date=' then sure, go for the 300.

They are indeed fine for playing punk (IE music that requires high gain w/ high saturation) as well as blues, rock, metal, jazz, etc. They have a tri-preamp section on there that is based off of amps including Fender, Marshall, and Mesa. Because of that they are very versatile, they also give you a list of presets to use or tweak to get you started with the sound you want.

As far as Mesa and Marshall combos that UG was telling you to get, they are both fine amps. In some areas I prefer say the JCM900 to a Tech 21, in others I don't, it's a different amp and a different matter of preference. If I were playing a sold out concert hall, I might prefer the JCM for it's tube power amp section (then again, if it's sold out, I may want to have the Tech 21 trademark so I can DI out into the house PA using the Sansamp XLR out). If I go into the studio for a session, I probably want to have the Tech 21 for it's versatality. Theres many different situations, and no one amp can fit them all. However, I do feel that Tech 21 comes closer than any other, that's why I support the amps.[/quote']

yeah im going with the tech21 TM60

but whats ur opinion on a

Seymour Duncan SH8 Invader pickup

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/300070/

I wouldn't buy the TM300 if I was in your shoes. Except when the speakers are really projecting (high volume situations) it's really only going to be noticably exactly double the volume since it's rated x5 higher than the TM60. If you are playing in high volume situations though' date=' then sure, go for the 300.

As far as Mesa and Marshall combos that UG was telling you to get, they are both fine amps. In some areas I prefer say the JCM900 to a Tech 21, in others I don't, it's a different amp and a different matter of preference. If I were playing a sold out concert hall, I might prefer the JCM for it's tube power amp section (then again, if it's sold out, I may want to have the Tech 21 trademark so I can DI out into the house PA using the Sansamp XLR out). If I go into the studio for a session, I probably want to have the Tech 21 for it's versatality. Theres many different situations, and no one amp can fit them all. However, I do feel that Tech 21 comes closer than any other, that's why I support the amps.[/quote']

yeah im going with the tech21 TM60

but whats ur opinion on a

Seymour Duncan SH8 Invader pickup

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/300070/

You can get one tone. that's it. Distorted. Don't get it, get a nice humbucker, Duncan 59', Duncan JB, ect.

I would seriously look into either Schecter or a Gibson Les Paul Jr for a guitar. For Schecters Look at an S-1 and the C-1 models, the S-1 has Duncan Designed and the C-1 usually have Duncans in them, since you play punk the P-90 in the Jr. should suit you pretty well. Billie Joe from Green Day uses one and when he actually plays guitar at the shows it sounds really good. Both go under $800 depending on where you live.