We Don't Need To Whisper - my review

kevin-182

first of all i'd like to say:

1) my english is better to type than to understand what ppl say so, i'm not able to understand what exactly Tom sings. i'm not 100% sure of the parts of the songs i'll say;

2) much probably there'll be mistakes of the prepositions (in/on/at) - that's the part of english that i really would like to learn but there isn't any english school in my town;

01.Valkyrie Missile (9/10):

I think the choice of picking this song for the 1st song of the album was pretty well done. It's about destruction and its message is how something good can happen from a bad thing (Blink-182's end). The song begins with a dark melody in an organ and a voice (in the radio I guess) saying "Anybody out there?". It keeps repeating till the guitar starts and the best part is when Tom sings "Take a chance cos i know that you want to." in the chorus.

============================================================

02.The Adventure (9/10):

Best song to describle what A&A is about. Something from the future. The lyrics are pretty well done and although it's pretty repetitive at the end' date=' the melody goes changing, going faster and that kinda let you stucked at it.

[b']03.The War (9,5/10):

The drums in this song are awesome. The guitar is much powerful with great and heavy riffs and everything goes as if it's gonna explode in the chorus. It's basically about how the war makes you feel. Like, everything's going so fast and the adrenaline is pumping from your veins. Great song really!

04.A Little's Enough (8/10):

I'm not a fan of the slow songs but this is a good one. The guitar's slow, the drums basically are there just to keep the rhythm and that keeps your attention to what Tom's about to sing - what's about to come from that situation. It's totally about what if God comes down and ban all the bad things from the world (pain, war, greed, etc).

05. Distraction (8,5/10):

The intro has a cool drum beat and a keyboard comes up softly and then verses telling about bad things happenin begin. It goes getting faster and the chorus is already with a great rock power. The lyrics are about Blink to me. It's like if you're in the same place you've been since you can remember (a home really) but suddenly it's fallen down and you try to make the people you love happier. Unfortunately it's pretty long and the verses become repetitive.

06. It Hurts (10/10):

Everything begins fast and heavy but it suddenly stops and Tom starts singing and the instruments keeps turning back and the top is when the chorus comes up with Tom saying "It hurts". The lyrics are basically about a person that has no lucky in love. Everything he/she does is wrong; everyone he/she tries to have a good time is the wrong person; etc.

07. Do It For Me Now (8/10):

The melody is great. As almost all the other songs, it also makes you feel like you're layed down under a tree looking at the blue sky, watching the clouds and thinking about the un-aswered question that life has. The lyrics aren't that good but anyways it keeps your attention.

08. Start The Machine (9/10):

Too long song. The intro is pretty big and I think it's the only bad part of the song. It's totally like a ballad but the melody is pretty good - it makes you feel better after a bad thing that has happened to you. The lyrics are sad but they're deep and speak about how changes can be good in our lives.

Album (9,5/10):

I really love this album. Tom was definitely able to make something to change people's life if they're open to it. All the songs are pretty catchy and none of them have non-sense lyrics.

I think that rather than people just keep saying bullshit about his act before the album, they should stop and think about what exactly Tom tried to do.

- review by K£V¥Ñ-¹8²

ps: i don't care if you believe it or not

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please dont tell me your one of those ignorant assholes who dont like to prove if they have anything, they just like to talk out of their ass....please dont tell ne your one of those people

cause im sure you arent one of those assholes!!

so post us some proof!!

Guest GrandpaReefer
my internet connection doesn't let me upload it :( i'd do that for the blink pics. i'd really do :(

msn.

it's slower

Kevin, be a doll and hook a select few up. or maybe just even one so we know this isn't false. A trustworthy man.

Maybe not even the full album, but like a song or two, that we havent heard. Ya know, just for proof.