Tom Playing with a CAPO

ChrisisHere

Guest fakeasmile
How come when Tom plays I miss you' date=' feeling this, ands down he uses a capo, but still plays the song in the position without a capo?[/quote']

maybe he wants people to think that he is a good guitarist :D

huh? better question, why after everyfucking song does he need a new guitar?

When he uses a capo he places his hand on the same frets you would when not using a capo. He switches guitars because One has a capo on it, one doesn't and I think the other is Dropped d tuning.

Guest lando45

Dunno. Maybe it's a fake capo that doesn't actually touch the frets, so the same note is still produced, but he just gives the impression of someone who actually knows how to play guitar.

It makes some songs easier like Feelin this. When you play main riff you have to play an open E powerchord and it's kind of hard to get from the 7th fret to the A and D 2nd frets and go back down the neck so he tunes it to drop D and puts a capo at the 2nd fret because when he plays open it will be an open E power chord. If it's confusing sorry.

It makes some songs easier like Feelin this. When you play main riff you have to play an open E powerchord and it's kind of hard to get from the 7th fret to the A and D 2nd frets and go back down the neck so he tunes it to drop D and puts a capo at the 2nd fret because when he plays open it will be an open E power chord. If it's confusing sorry.

That was quite confusing but explain when he plays down then. I've seen him play every part of that song and he would play it the same way if there wasn't a capo on there.

Guest Danyul

That was quite confusing but explain when he plays down then. I've seen him play every part of that song and he would play it the same way if there wasn't a capo on there.

Well perhaps instead of playing an octave like this:

e|---
B|---
G|-9-
D|-x-
A|-7-
E|---

he plays an open string:

e|---
B|---
G|-9-
D|-0-
A|-7-
E|---

Which would ony sound good if it was capoed to be 927, just to sound a bit fuller than an octave.

Code:

e|---

B|---

G|-9-

D|-x-

A|-7-

E|---

he plays an open string:

Code:

e|---

B|---

G|-9-

D|-0-

A|-7-

E|---

Which would ony sound good if it was capoed to be 927, just to sound a bit fuller than an octave.

No idea what your talking about it's too confusing. And that isn't the right octave for down.

Guest Danyul

Code:

e|---

B|---

G|-9-

D|-x-

A|-7-

E|---

he plays an open string:

Code:

e|---

B|---

G|-9-

D|-0-

A|-7-

E|---

Which would ony sound good if it was capoed to be 927' date=' just to sound a bit fuller than an octave.[/quote']

No idea what your talking about it's too confusing. And that isn't the right octave for down.

It was an example.

yes that is true instead of getting a drop d you get a drop e so its basically an open e powerchord, then he does the gay octave powerechord of e

ok but back to the capo thing, theres no point in using it for whats my age again, i've been playing guitar for 5 years and the only reason why i see him using it is if his action sucks it makes it a little easier to play, but theres no point in playing a guitar with shitty action when you're a rockstar

he plays WMAA a step higher than it is on the CD. Down has an open B in it. so the 2nd fret on a is B, so it rings throughout that whole verse. YOu saw tom play it without it in the vids, but that was a half step lower. It needs to be on there for going away to college, its in the key of b.

Well, it`s all about the open string and the drop d tuning. For example, it sounds way more rich on the verses in "i miss you" with the open string in between the powerchord, and an a wouldn`t fit, so he uses a capo. However, he doesn`t use the drop d tuning in "i miss you". On "Feeling This" he uses capo and drop d tuning. To get the rich sound with the open string and still be able to hit an e in the main riff, he has to use both. It makes sence, it`s just really hard to get down :)