If blink had called it quits in 2015 instead of hiring Skiba…

Hit me up Jans ex

On 6/8/2022 at 12:13 PM, FAPLORD said:

do you think that Tom would have officially joined again by now? Whether you think that was pre-Mark getting cancer and they were already back together playing shows by 2020, or if it’s something they confirmed recently after Mark’s cancer ala them announcing they’re about to Frankenstein another album together ala Neighborhoods.  If Mark and Travis had just decided to say fuck it throw in the towel in 2015 instead of Skiba joining, what do you think the status of blink-182 would be at this moment?

My hunch is that had they not continued with Skiba, Tom would have tried to get blink to do big money events here and there and would tease us with talk of new music. But we all know how that all goes. It's years and years of talk and empty hype, with big ticket shows sprinkled in.

Thankful they went the route they did. If he ever does rejoin he won't have the leverage he once had, now that they proved they can exist without him.

I much prefer the actual band cycles that blink has done since he left. Write, record, tour, take some time off, repeat. It's a normal healthy thing that respects the fans. Tom is seemingly incapable of that. It always has to be a scheme of some kind, nothings ever good enough

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

My hunch is that had they not continued with Skiba, Tom would have tried to get blink to do big money events here and there and would tease us with talk of new music. But we all know how that all goes. It's years and years of talk and empty hype, with big ticket shows sprinkled in.

Thankful they went the route they did. If he ever does rejoin he won't have the leverage he once had, now that they proved they can exist without him.

I much prefer the actual band cycles that blink has done since he left. Write, record, tour, take some time off, repeat. It's a normal healthy thing that respects the fans. Tom is seemingly incapable of that. It always has to be a scheme of some kind, nothings ever good enough

Probably pretty accurate. And he’d continue to butcher all their songs at those big money events as well lol

• Wow 1

• 1 year later...