Dygrizzly

dude ranch amp head and cabinet suggestions?

hi ive been searching through the the internet for about 3 hours now trying to find a ampeg vl1002 amp head or a ampeg 502 amp head they are really rare and i cant seem to find one in thew uk is there any suggestions on what i should get to mimic that tone? i already have a dmarzio x2n angled 

On 6/5/2020 at 3:12 PM, Dygrizzly said:

hi ive been searching through the the internet for about 3 hours now trying to find a ampeg vl1002 amp head or a ampeg 502 amp head they are really rare and i cant seem to find one in thew uk is there any suggestions on what i should get to mimic that tone? i already have a dmarzio x2n angled 

they totally come up on reverb from time to time:

https://reverb.com/p/ampeg-vl-1002-2-channel-100-watt-guitar-amp-head

two listed now, one of which will ship. sure, it's pricier to the UK i'd imagine (US shipping is listed at $70), but totally worth it IMO.

here's mine, with my delonge strat:

rig.jpg

Just keep an eye out for them, sometimes you’ll get them for a deal. It really is worth waiting to find one! It’s a Marshall on steroids with a dedicated clean channel making it super versatile. Especially if an actual Marshall is out of your price range which was my case. 

@daveyjones the rig is looking great! I see you have the green spectraflex cable as well! 

5 minutes ago, Q182 said:

@daveyjones the rig is looking great! I see you have the green spectraflex cable as well! 

yup, green from the head into my pedals loop. blue out from the tuner to the guitar. just like tom in 96.

I got mine from Music Go Round for $250 (fantastic shape. I may as well have stolen it). I've seen them pop up on Facebook Marketplace. Just be patient you'll find one.

And don't over pay (unless you're ok with that). I'd probably pay $550-600 tops and it better be in fantastic shape.

5zKGaVW.jpg